Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Re: Monsters Inc Ride

DETIALS DUDE! I think this is what DCA needs, a good family ride, that anyone can go on!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

I should point out that other websites have reported that all sets from the origional SSL ride have been taken out and destroyed

so it's safe to say that besides the track route the ride should look different enough

and I wouldn't say it's gone up so fast I mean it's taken them about as long as it took them to put up Buzz

I hear there will be some AA's in it (real ones) so it should be pretty good and it should compliment some of the things Disney already has in the backlot and increased backlot traffic will probably bring more people to ToT

• love my friends

Quote Originally Posted by snorkeld
    No Pics!!! Where were they!! Details.......
    You know I never thought about taking the pictures.. I think I could the next time I see them back stage though with my camera phone......i dont think my managers would know

I will do it ok the next time I see them

they kind of remind me of the cars used in rogers rabbit ride but longer

Quote Originally Posted by kelly
    You know I never thought about taking the pictures.. I think I could the next time I see them back stage though with my camera phone......i dont think my managers would know

I will do it ok the next time I see them

they kind of remind me of the cars used in rogers rabbit ride but longer
    how're they set for leg space? I hope they're better then Pooh

• love my friends

i think they are, I couldnt tell though

they look alittle bigger than pooh ride

Blog Entries

There the old Super star limo cars, just changed... from what i remember, plenty of leg room!! In the gallery photo, they show them sculpting a monster AA, excitement!

~

Quote Originally Posted by Evan-500
    There the old Super star limo cars, just changed... from what i remember, plenty of leg room!! In the gallery photo, they show them sculpting a monster AA, excitement!
    yeah I remeber that

but I've never been on SSL since this summer was my first actual trip to DCA

Blog Entries

Well, I've only been to DCA and Disneyland once Sad... March 2001, and super star limo was open, and I didn't think it was that bad!! The oversized heads were kinda funny... Anyways, I think Monster's Inc. Will be awesome, great movie!

~

• SM - 14 TIMES! DLAND!!!

thank you!
    "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."

¡Quédese sentó por favor!

• Banned User

I am not impressed and I dont know how any of you can even think they can do something with the same ride system. It is pathetic they are using the same vehicles and ride system. They did not even replace the looks of the outside. You really think it will be all that different on the inside? If you do you are kidding yourself. I mean come on what does a limo have to do with Monsters Inc.?

Blog Entries

Disney, didn't you even read the post? They overhauled all the ride vehicles, they all look like taxi's now... Sheesh, being optimistic is no way to get anywhere in this world! and bashing our opinion like that is no way to get anywhere as well! We think the ride will be great, we like pixar, we like the way the ride sounds! And yes, they have replaced the set, disney knows better then to keep the same sets, it wouldn't match the story! If you can't see that then YOUR kidding yourself! But that's your opinion, I may not agree with it... But as I've said before, we can really actually judge it when it opens!

~

• e komo mai

I heard the one downfall to the ride is that your car is scream powered. If you don't scream, you don't go. AND if you don't scream on purpose, the Whoopi figure from the 'Superstar Limo' ride jumps out at you and starts singing.

Of course, I'm kidding.

Blog Entries

^ that'd be hilarious! Scream the entire ride people or your stuck in DCA for the rest of your lives! THE HORROR!

~

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Evan-500
    Disney, didn't you even read the post? They overhauled all the ride vehicles, they all look like taxi's now... Sheesh, being optimistic is no way to get anywhere in this world! and bashing our opinion like that is no way to get anywhere as well! We think the ride will be great, we like pixar, we like the way the ride sounds! And yes, they have replaced the set, disney knows better then to keep the same sets, it wouldn't match the story! If you can't see that then YOUR kidding yourself! But that's your opinion, I may not agree with it... But as I've said before, we can really actually judge it when it opens!
    Ummmmm a taxi doesn't look much more impressive then a limo does. They are the same ride vehicles and the same ride system. I am not trying to bash anyone, just venting at Disney and when I see people supporting this garbage they are throwing at us I get a little bitter. It is just I feel that the ride will be almost the same as superstar limo and that is a failure of a ride. I am only taking Disney's record into account which has been absolutely horrible these past 10 years. Until I see a ride that is absolutely amazing and blows my socks off will I finally give it another chance but painting plywood that ALREADY existed is their direction to failure. At this point I feel that Universal or IOA can do a way better job. Believe me I want Disney to pull out of this slump as much as anyone does.
    Last edited by Disneyfreak; 10-14-2005 at 02:45 PM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfreak
    Ummmmm a taxi doesn't look much more impressive then a limo does. They are the same ride vehicles and the same ride system.
    Well that's different from what you were saying before. You were stating "I mean come on what does a limo have to do with Monsters Inc.?", and Evan was pointing out that they are NOT limos, they are now taxis. And taking a taxi ride around Monstropolis seems to make perfect sense to me.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast