Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Inappropriate

Re: Monsters Inc Ride

Uhm...the same track layout doesn't necessarily mean the same ride. Take for example Indy and Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom: Exact same track layout. Exact same vehicles. TOTALLY different rides! I feel pretty confident that Disney won't make the same mistake twice in a row.

On another note, on the disney website, what's with the "personal farewell from Roz?" That's not going to be like the ET ride at Universal Studios is it?

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Keep Moving Forward

From what I heard 'she' will be saying things like "nice hat" to the guy in the hat or "I love that mickey shirt" to someone in a mickey shirt. There will be a CM that says these things, but they wont be the peoples names, they will be tailored to the people in the car.

• Official Mice Chat person

No one can judge this ride yet. Just because it's being built fast doesn't mean they havenít been planning it for a few years. Calling it garbage before it opens is just wrong, that's like judging a Christmas present by it's wrapping.

I'm personally really excited to see the final product. With the entire re-do of the area it should look very inviting from the main road and pull in more guests.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TTFN92
    I don't think it is really a ride that is geared for adults. I know my kids will love it. My 5 yr. old has been watching the movie getting ready for it to open. I don't like Pooh at all, but I love to watch my boys' faces when we go on it. I will also like to go on this one for them and hopefully for me too. It should be great.

I think most people never even went on SSL, I know I didn't. I will never know what is new and what isn't. From what I've heard, the ride didn't run for long so the cars should be in good shape. Why trash something that's not broke? I'd rather they refurbished them and spent the money on something else. I'm just glad there will be AA in it. That makes it a Disney ride .

I also really like Buzz. I don't care that they have it in WDW because I probably won't get to go there, ever. So, if they hadn't copied it I would never get to ride it. It's fun and something my entire family enjoys.
    That is the problem, by definition it is not a true Disney attraction if all ages cant have fun within reason. I consider Indy and all of those attractions acceptable because kids can go on it as well.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Professortango
    My point is if we use Buzz the guage the time spent on the ride, then we're in trouble. Buzz took an existing concept and took little to no imagination. Very simple track layout with no turns just a sweeping motion, a story so undertold I forgot why Zerg needed stopping this second, lack of theming (I never knew if I was inside his hideout or in space and what was going on in each room) and 2-D AAs that dont require complex movement (a lot of them reminded me of those bears popping out of Christmas Boxes that everyone puts in their yard on christmas).

I know people like Buzz because the whole video game concept. It's a wonderful idea I just wish it was a fun aspect of the ride and not the entire ride. You can ride Rogger Rabbit with or without spinning and its a great ride. You cant ride Buzz without blasting and still appreciate it.

Anyways, Im going off topic, my point is that Buzz took a pre-existing concept, simplistic track design and AAs, and little story telling; this is why the ride went up so quickly. A ride like Monsters Inc should take more time due to complex AAs, a wild and fun track design, and immense theming. The fact it is taking the same amount of time scares me. Of course I don't know anything about the actual ride being built, none of us really do. It is all speculation. I'm just saying Im worried.
    I agree.

• Disneyland Historian

If There is one thing disney knows it is dark rides.
    sure they have made mistakes(insert disneyland Pooh insult here)but that proves that Imangineers are only human.The major problem is(or hopefully was and not any more)Money.

As far as The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.They probaly had a very limited budget to work with.They probaly took out the country bears in the first place to cut costs of refurbishing All the anamatronics.TMAOWTP is probaly a much cheaper to run ride than the bears ever were.with Splash Mountain being one of my all time faviorte rides, i really do feel that Pooh
    does not do Critter Country justice.but we probaly feel just like the WDW folks who Had their MR. Toads Wild Ride taken out to put in their pooh.
    There is an awesome Winnie the Pooh at Tokyo Disneyland Check out www.barrybedford.com for a great video of the Tokyo verision of the ride.
    They should have gave DLR that version.

Imangineers Made wonders At Tokyo DisneySea because they were given the money to do so.I have a lot of faith in WDI as long as the money is there.
    This Monsters INC. could be an incredible ride if the proper resources are being spent on it.As far as Them using the SSL track....

Its not the shape of the track, Its how you use it

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Assumptions, assumptions.

Ignorance is bliss, right?

It amazes me how so many people post about how something is going to be so trashy and terrible when they haven't even experienced the thing...or that anyone has, for that matter.

Chill. Judge when the darn thing is open.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

^ Thank you!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Im Mrs Americain Dream

Talking Re: Monsters Inc Ride

I Gotta be honest, Im kinda excited i saw superstar limo in video and am i the only one around here who thought it looked fun and i was disapointed everytime i came to the park it was in refurb, I Really really hope im in the park when they do soft openings cus i wanna expreince it before comeing home and haveing to wait intill july Sully and mike rock btw
    ~I Am Finally Just Me~

My Youtube Video Blog

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

I rode it, and I thought it was fun

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

I know that I am truly looking forward to it! My only complaint is that it won't be open when we are down there next month!! I was so hoping for soft openings!! Oh well, we are going down again next October so we'll get to it eventually!

(of course, I said that about a lot of things at DCA that I skipped on our first visit there and they were all gone by our next visit!!)

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfreak
    That is the problem, by definition it is not a true Disney attraction if all ages cant have fun within reason. I consider Indy and all of those attractions acceptable because kids can go on it as well.
    No. Indy isn't a true definition of a ride that parents and kids can go on together, infact, with its height requirement it completely kills that concept, not to mention a lot of people in a wide range of ages do not enjoy turbulent, fast-moving rides... such as my mom. Therefore, it's not a ride I (the child) can enjoy with my parent (my mom) together.

However, since Monsters Inc is a ride everybody can ride and everybody can experience with their families and is in the vein of classic Fantasyland dark rides, it IS a true Disney attraction.

I have no idea where your logic comes from, and not to be rude, but you really don't understand the fact that slow-moving dark rides were Disney's bread and butter before we got the Matterhorn and Space Mountain, huh? The Matterhorn and Space Mountain (and Star Tours and Indy, etc) changed the dynamic of the park away from the "true Disney attraction" you're talking about.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Dreams do come true

Quote Originally Posted by JDUB
    sure they have made mistakes(insert disneyland Pooh insult here)but that proves that Imangineers are only human.The major problem is(or hopefully was and not any more)Money.

As far as The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.They probaly had a very limited budget to work with.They probaly took out the country bears in the first place to cut costs of refurbishing All the anamatronics.TMAOWTP is probaly a much cheaper to run ride than the bears ever were.with Splash Mountain being one of my all time faviorte rides, i really do feel that Pooh
    does not do Critter Country justice.but we probaly feel just like the WDW folks who Had their MR. Toads Wild Ride taken out to put in their pooh.
    There is an awesome Winnie the Pooh at Tokyo Disneyland Check out www.barrybedford.com for a great video of the Tokyo verision of the ride.

Imangineers Made wonders At Tokyo DisneySea because they were given the money to do so.I have a lot of faith in WDI as long as the money is there.
    This Monsters INC. could be an incredible ride if the proper resources are being spent on it.As far as Them using the SSL track....

Wow I just watched the video of Winnie the pooh in Tokyo, It looks great, I like the DL version but I'm sure jealous now.
    WOw I just

Quote Originally Posted by JDUB

That looks like a great ride! The hunny pots are great too. The ones at DLR are way too tall. My 4 & 5 yr. olds can't see over them. I have to lift them up as much as I can so they can see what's going on. That was a horrible design flaw.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    No. Indy isn't a true definition of a ride that parents and kids can go on together, infact, with its height requirement it completely kills that concept, not to mention a lot of people in a wide range of ages do not enjoy turbulent, fast-moving rides... such as my mom. Therefore, it's not a ride I (the child) can enjoy with my parent (my mom) together.

However, since Monsters Inc is a ride everybody can ride and everybody can experience with their families and is in the vein of classic Fantasyland dark rides, it IS a true Disney attraction.

I have no idea where your logic comes from, and not to be rude, but you really don't understand the fact that slow-moving dark rides were Disney's bread and butter before we got the Matterhorn and Space Mountain, huh? The Matterhorn and Space Mountain (and Star Tours and Indy, etc) changed the dynamic of the park away from the "true Disney attraction" you're talking about.
    Well said. I was thinking the exact same thing when I read his reply to me, I just didn't know how to say it. Thanx.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast