Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give some Character Breakfast information

We are headed down to DL next week. I had originally set to have a character breakfast at Chip and Dale's but I heard that there are just 3 characters (Chip, Dale, and Pluto). I also heard they do not walk around while you are dining.
    So I changed my priority seating to Goofy's Kitchen.
    I was wonder what everyone thought of the character breakfasts.

• Dreams do come true

Re: Give some Character Breakfast information

Goofy's Kitchen is great especially if you have kids. The food is great, I really like the peanut butter and Jelly pizza.

• Man O Lantern

Do you have kids?

If so, I recommend Goofy's Kitchen for a character breakfast.

The menu is pretty good....omelette bar, roast beef, ham, salmon, breakfast enchiladas, asparagus, salads, fruits, cheeses, and a ton of great options for kids, like Mickey waffles, peanut butter and jelly pizza (basically a pancake with pb&j on it). There are tons of desserts, ice cream with all kinds of toppings.....my kids always go for the mini m&m's....my husband loves the Goofy cake.

The character interaction has always been wonderful for us. Lots and lots of personal attention. We've gone at some off-hours (late breakfast or dinner) and Goofy's sat down at our table, the princesses have taken my daughters for walks, the Mad Hatter stood on my daughter's chair (she was at the buffet) and screamed her name until she returned. Then when we saw him in the park a few hours later...same guy, which never happens....starts screaming her name. So, so funny. One of our favorite memories, period. Prince Phillip proposed to my four year old until he was caught by Aurora. Things like that. Pluto is always fun, and Donald Duck. Donald once pouted because my daughter had a Mickey waffle on her plate, and he pretended to look for a Donald waffle. Very cute. We've been there with Mary Poppins and Cruella DeVille at the same time! One of my favorite pics is the two of them together.

In short, we've always had an amazing time. We go at least once a year and we've gone for all three girls' fifth birthdays. We're going again in December.

But.....if you don't have kids.....I'd go to Storyteller's Cafe. OMG, that's some delicious food and wonderful service.

We've never done the princess breakfast, but on our last two trips, we've eaten dinner most nights at the Plaza Inn, and there are always princesses there. You don't have to pay the "character meal" prices, but you still get character interaction. During two meals last December, we had four princesses at each meal! It was great! We never stood in line to get autographs or pics last year!

If you're not sure the princesses will be there in the evenings, ask any of the character host CM's (the ones with the Ask Me buttons). They should all have schedules of the day's character locations.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Another vote for Goofy's Kitchen. We love the character breakfast there. Like stinkerbell we've had some GREAT character interaction! Especially during the late breakfast/brunch time period. We went last year for a big birthday(my son & mamabot's daughter & some other friends)and they characters were WONDERFUL!! I have such great pictures of my son and Goofy!!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Incognito

Blog Entries

I went once and hated it! Then again when I go to eat I go to eat and converse with friends and family, I really didn't like having Goofy walk up to me and muss up my hair while noshing on danish. Character meals just aint my thing but if you have kids they may enjoy it more. Then again I'm a crotchety ole man

• A Pirate's life for me!

We do Goofy's Kitchen each trip down. We do dinner one evening and then the breakfast usually on our "go-home" day.

Never had a bad time yet.

If it is not too late already, you should call and request priority seating. Last week when we were there, we noticed that they were turning away folks that didn't have PS arrangements for both meals! And neither meal time seemed that busy. They always had empty tables, but they were turning "stand-by" folks away???

Here's a funny thing/spoiler...The Mad Hatter usually frequents GK and the Park (like mentioned above, the same guy). Our waiter the other night seemed to be familiar to us (and VERY animated). Our oldest son said to me (quietly), "that is the Mad Hatter without his costume on". Sure enough, it was. Before we left, I said to the waiter, "sorry we missed the MH tonight, we usually enjoy his presence, but when he's not here, you'll sure do...". He laughed and said, "you don't know how right you are!". I said..."we do!" and left with a smile.
    Last edited by PirateMickey; 10-13-2005 at 08:16 AM.

• Man O Lantern

I have to say, if I didn't have kids, I probably wouldn't go to Goofy's ever again, but I can say that, because I have been there. It's a nice meal, but I think it would be annoying if I didn't have kids.

We checked out Ariel's Grotto twice and they were severely lacking in characters.....and my kids didn't like the menu, so we didn't stay. I wasn't loving the menu either, so I definitely didn't want to shell out the cash for a meal I felt just so-so about.

• Man O Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey
    Here's a funnything/spoiler...The Mad Hatter usually frequents GK and the Park (like mentioned above, the same guy).
    I'm so glad you said that, because I've had people doubt me! We spent a looooot of time with that Mad Hatter that day and um, he SCREAMED my daughter's name across Fantasyland....definitely the same guy. With his accent, it sounded like he was yelling, "COOOOOOOOTNEY!!!!" for Courtney. Hilarious. She was six and she'll never forget it. That's her favorite Disneyland story.

We Goofy's. We'll be having a birthday party there on Dec. 13th!

• A Pirate's life for me!

Yep, that's him...

We celebrated two birthdays last week while at GK and since he was our waiter, we got the same "screaming treatment". EVERYONE in GK knew about our two B-days!

He's a crack-up! (and he got an additional tip above and beyond what they charged us upon entry)

• done

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandPlanner
    We are headed down to DL next week. I had originally set to have a character breakfast at Chip and Dale's but I heard that there are just 3 characters (Chip, Dale, and Pluto). I also heard they do not walk around while you are dining.
    So I changed my priority seating to Goofy's Kitchen.
    I was wonder what everyone thought of the character breakfasts.
    FYI, what you said about the Chip and Dale breakfast at Storyteller's used to be true but was changed a while ago. They do still have fewer characters than the other locations, but they've added a few characters, like Koda and Kenai and sometimes Meeko. The characters used to stay just in the lobby but they started doing table visits when they added the extra characters.

If you want more character interaction, then Goofy's is probably a better bet, though on our last visit, the characters all pretty much walked right past us because we had a table near their exit backstage, so they were either going on break or coming on to work, but only Alice stopped to say hi. For the food, though, I definitely prefer Storyteller's.

• insufferable know-it-all

Ew. What a dull character grouping.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

We have 1 adult, 4 childish adults, and only 1 child (boy)! It sounds like going to Goofy's Kitchen is best for us. Hopefully we will see the Mad Hatter he sounds great!!
    I would like to try the food at Storytellers, maybe just DH and I should do Chip and Dale's.
    Thanks for the info!

I've heard great things about Goofy's Kitchen. I'd say go to that one, the Minnie and Friends Breakfast is a wreck most of the time.

• Still wants to be a cat!

We've gone many times, to Goofy's Kitchen, always met lots of characters, decent food etc.

But the Wolfette had a Birthday celebration at Goofy's Kitchen last month, mid-week, so the place was not too busy. Chip or Dale (not sure which one) sat down on the floor with her to go through a birthday box of gifts that was given to her. Goofy came by and took one of her gifts and ran off into the dining area, making her chase him all over the place. Plus all the dancing and regular character greets that happen there. Best time we've ever had there!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Tom Chaney R.I. P.

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens
    If you want more character interaction, then Goofy's is probably a better bet, though on our last visit, the characters all pretty much walked right past us because we had a table near their exit backstage, so they were either going on break or coming on to work, but only Alice stopped to say hi. For the food, though, I definitely prefer Storyteller's.
    the question i have is where do I find out about the different places that have the Character Breakfast's I looked at the main web page buy I could not find any info on where they are at, of how to get reservations at any of them.

help

Bob P.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast