Thread: Mix-in Parties?

• Banned User

Question Mix-in Parties?

About a year ago I made a thread asking about these and I never got an answer back, so does anyone know if they still have these? They are parties where a company has rented out the park but not completely. Though the park seems to close normally, if you don't leave you can stay. The park stays open late and you get to mix-in with the ones who have rented the park. A long time ago my family was able to stay in one and it was a blast.

If any CM's have any info it would be great

• insufferable know-it-all

Re: Mix-in Parties?

A year ago?

If there's a mix-in coming up usually someone will hear about it and post something.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Disneyland Fan

They still do the mix-ins all the time, many times they are just not announced. I am a former Studio CM (WDFA) and my bro still works for the mouse and they domix-ins for new rides and such. The last one was for Buzz. The last few times the CM mix-ins were just on the weekend so there were already extended hours, haven't been to one in a long time where thye closed the park early, which is usually the X-mas CM party.
    Brian9549

Relive fond Memories of The Country Bears
    The Country Bear Vacation Hoedown!
    The Country Bear Jamboree
    The Country Bear Christmas Show

Come see my other vids on google and youtube, just search for brian9549 or click here or here or here

• insufferable know-it-all

The Disney Family Christmas party isn't a mix-in though. Oh wait, I take it back, they did start doing mix-ins for those recently didn't they? I hate that.

Disney CM Christmas Party ought to be just that: for CMs and their families. Not mixed-in guests, and not for the rest of the company - unless the rest of the company would like to start inviting Disneyland CMs to the annual picnic up at Calamigos Ranch....which they don't. Yet somehow it's okay to bring the rest of the company to the Disneyland CM party....

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    The Disney Family Christmas party isn't a mix-in though. Oh wait, I take it back, they did start doing mix-ins for those recently didn't they? I hate that.

Disney CM Christmas Party ought to be just that: for CMs and their families. Not mixed-in guests, and not for the rest of the company - unless the rest of the company would like to start inviting Disneyland CMs to the annual picnic up at Calamigos Ranch....which they don't. Yet somehow it's okay to bring the rest of the company to the Disneyland CM party....
    YOU GO GIRL!! TELL IT LIKE IT IS!

• Do I seem familiar?

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    Being a former DLR CM and now a DisCo CM, I am really glad that I still have the opportunity to attend this event. I had so much fun in years past that I look forward to any opportunities I can still experience had I stayed with the Resort. In the past, didn't they have nights were it was just folks from Burbank/Glendale? I could be wrong. And as for that picnic at Calamigos Ranch, I don't even know what that is! I certainly wasn't invited for that!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Red Face Re: Mix-in Parties?

Again I speak from the perspective of a CM in another lifetime (1974-1982) but here goes -
    During the winter, they had "mix-in" private parties on Sundays - posted park hours would be 9a-7P, for example, with the private group coming in around 4pm.
    The park remained open til midnite for everyone.
    The Angels, for example, used to have a deal called Angels-Disneyland fun day, where for one price you'd get the 1pm game at the Big A, and access to the Magic Kingdom til midnight.
    (A "park-hopper" ticket, ahead of its time, eh?)
    Then there were the Friday and Saturday night private parties where a big company or group had the place to themselves from 8pm to 1am or so. When I was a part-timer I worked a lot of those, and since the kitchen wasn't very busy we got some studying time in
    on those nights.
    But then there was the time that we guided a drunken sailor carrying a sword he stole from Pirates of the Carribean into one of New Orleans Main Kitchen's walk-in freezers...on US Navy night...
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.