Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Seasick

Re: How much busier will it be for gay days?

It was packed today. Space Mountain wait times were over an hour, with fast passes gone before 4:00.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

DCA was not crowded at all, the parking was not bad when we got there at 5 PM, but Disneyland itself was very crowded until after the fireworks. Lots and lots of red shirts, but a well-behaved crowd for the most part.

• Please pull the yellowtab

I'm still recovering from my trip yesterday to DLR. My sister and I decided to make a nighttime visit to DLR to check out the new fireworks and Ghost Galaxy. We got into the park around 6:30pm and staked out a spot in front of the castle.

After the fireworks, we thought we could squeeze in a ride on GG and HM and a couple of other rides while the park started to empty after the fireworks, but instead the crowds remained. We hadn't gone on a single ride yet. In order to play it safe, we got fast passes to secure a ride on HM (at 10pm!!).
    Then we decided to take the train at New Orleans station to avoid the crowd waiting around for Fantasmic. The wait turned out to be 30 minutes. By the time we got to the SM queue it was a 110 wait time and sad to say as we sprinted our way back to New Orleans around 12AM HM was already closed.

For future reference, avoid taking a short day trip to the resort during Gay Days especially at night. If rides are all you care about, arrive when the park opens when the lines are short and pick up fast passes for the major attractions.

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

• Vasooki-land Owner

I went yesterday,and although its crowded for this time of year, no worse than what we saw this summer.

Since I haven't been since summer, it was just the same I've grown accustomed to, so it wasn't that bad.
    We are currently imagineeing a new attraction for you!

Please enjoy all the other attractions in fabulicious Vasooki-land!

Under an Umbrella in Portland! Just a short 2 hour flight from Anaheim

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndStar2theRight View Post
    I'm still recovering from my trip yesterday to DLR. My sister and I decided to make a nighttime visit to DLR to check out the new fireworks and Ghost Galaxy. We got into the park around 6:30pm and staked out a spot in front of the castle.

After the fireworks, we thought we could squeeze in a ride on GG and HM and a couple of other rides while the park started to empty after the fireworks, but instead the crowds remained. We hadn't gone on a single ride yet. In order to play it safe, we got fast passes to secure a ride on HM (at 10pm!!).
    Then we decided to take the train at New Orleans station to avoid the crowd waiting around for Fantasmic. The wait turned out to be 30 minutes. By the time we got to the SM queue it was a 110 wait time and sad to say as we sprinted our way back to New Orleans around 12AM HM was already closed.

For future reference, avoid taking a short day trip to the resort during Gay Days especially at night. If rides are all you care about, arrive when the park opens when the lines are short and pick up fast passes for the major attractions.

This was the first time I have been in the parks for Gay Days weekend, can someone tell me if it usually lines up with Utah School break as well or if this was one of those weird calendar coincidences.
    Glory, Glory Man United! And the Reds go marching on! On!! ON!!!

I survived my first Marathon. Got my Mickey at WDW after 6:22:08 of "fun" on the course. Not happy with the time, so I will go back and be getting Goofy next year!

• Nerd

I think a lot of people or going to see space galaxy...a great ride. but you add all the other factors in and you do have a busy park. It was packed solid Saturday night.

• For You!

Utah and Idaho students are usually out the first Thursday and Friday of October - it's a big teacher work weekend with meetings and stuff. I know a lot of people from Idaho that were planning on going to DLR for the long weekend.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• ...my first visit to DL

Utah school break and Gay Days... Sorry I missed it...

• Minion

at 11:30 this morning all lane of the structure were being used and he line to get in was past Harbor. Never saw the line that long becore and i go every weekend. Disneyland was busy for a day in october but i've seen busier days in summer never went to dca. I know it was probally more crowded how most of the gay day stuff was over there today. There were still alot of people with red shirts on at Dl. I like whn it a unoffical theme day there makes it more fun.

Since my daughter was 2 years old we started coming down 3-5 times a year do the annual pass thing, and the first annual pass trip coincided with gay days in 2006 and it was crazy packed on the Saturday. Forget rides you couldnt get food anywhere, the Hungry Bear was backed up like a debuting ride.

We are both in education, so often our breaks are when its busy because school is out, so weve been summer time, spring break, ski week, Christmas time (weekend before, day of Christmas, Jan 1-4 week, etc, 4th of July) and no time have I ever seen it as crowded as that Gay Days weekend of 2006.

Now maybe it was just a combinging of things or whatever, but since then weve tried to avoid that weekend because of the size of the crowds.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12