Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Nerd

Talking Happiest Haunts Tour

Just got back from the Happiest Haunts tour. Our tour guides. Erin and Rachel were really great! The tour was very entertaining, more than I expected Our tour ended with VIP seating for the firework show which by the way, the halloween fireworks show is really well done - I thought it was way better than the "Magical" All in all, I give the tour an A+ well worth the money.
    Last edited by Dustysage; 10-15-2009 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Cast member last name removed

• aliceindisneyland

Re: Happiest Haunts Tour

i'm glad you had a good time

• hogwarts + disneyland = ♥

oh good! i keep seeing the tour when i go to the parks and i think i'm gonna do it, so glad it is worth it!! and is the reserved seating for the fireworks the seating area in hub right in front of the castle?

flower gleam & glow...

That's good to hear!
    Just curious, but what do they show you guys during the tour?
    Anything different from what a regular Disneyland visitor would see or know?

• is poppin' tags

OooooH! Give us the juicy details! I wanna know more!
    For those of you that are curious about my wedding:
    http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/0...heather-tyler/

• Brand new CM!

I've alwasy wanted to take a tour, how much was it?
    I Donald Duck!

I'd like to hear more too. I was considering it, but I wanted some first hand stories first.
    Details please!

• Not a Minion

Quote Originally Posted by scarlett_3184 View Post
    I've alwasy wanted to take a tour, how much was it?
    Disneyland's website shows $64. From what I recall, Disney visa, deluxe & premium APs, and AAA members get a discount.

• Nerd

Thumbs up Re: Happiest Haunts Tour

First...I really could not imagine that it would be worth the $$$ (about $65 bucks each or so...luckily I get a CM discount) but it really was.

The ticket to the tour also incudes your park admission (even if blocked that day) and front of the line...including walking past all the fastpassers to the front of their line too. and even going in the back door on space mountain. (that did twist a lot of the people in the fastpass line)
    The park was crowded so this was really nice.

The tour guides are more actresses...so they are in character the entire time - It started out at DCA in a little conference room backstage...this "ghostbusters" type tour guide, really funny and crazy and hyper bursts into the room and checks everyone for ghostly activity - passes out some headsets and then takes us out a backdoor and down the street to tower of terror. they tell some stories about ghosts, etc then you go on the Tower ride...When the elevator doors open, the ghostbuter tour guide is gone and suddenly there is the creepy ghostlike girl who acts all goth and sullen, she then takes you around DCA a little telling stories of gobblins and the basics of where halloween comes from. When she rides the Thunder Mountain ride, she literally does not move a muscle. just sits there unemotional and stiff throughout...so later ghostbuter reappears in the park and the ghoul guide disapears...more stories, space mountain ride, then take the train over to New Orleans Square where we proceeded to upset a HUG CROWD of people as we all (20 of us) walked past a very long fastpass line straight into the elevator room. We saw the ghost tour guide - her name was Rachel...hiding inside the Haunted Mansion waving at us - apparently she was an escaped ghost from the mansion that had to get back. After that, the walk you over to the hub and seat you in those benches right in front of the castle for the fireworks show. give you a treat. and bid you farewell. Oh and the crazy hyper tour guide makes us sing some strange marching song the entire walk from HM to the hub through the crowd etc....It was fun, the stories were well told, the guides for nearly flawless. I was impressed and have heard from many others that the Christmas tour is great too. I will be booking that one when it comes around. It's really a little different way to experience DL.

I want to do this on our trip this month, but was unsure how much different it would be from walk in walts footsteps, and if it would be worth the $64 and if the kids would like it. lets here some more please!

• Nerd

I talked with a couple of people on this tour that said walk in walts footsteps is really nice too. What more would you like to hear?. I guess Walts tour isn't silly. the happy haunts tour is kind of a walking play? your guides are entertaining you,not really guiding you. then you throw in a couple of rides, great seats to the best fireworks show I've seen at DLR and you have a pretty good bargain.

How old are the kids? We didnt take any of our kids on this tour

Thumbs down Re: Happiest Haunts Tour

It is interesting that you had such a great tour. We went on the first tour, on the first day and it was horrible. Erin was fine, but our ghost guide was awful. She couldn't remember her lines and kept forgetting to turn on our headsets.

BTMRR was closed so they gave us a fastpass to use later that night. Our 'reserved' viewing was in the AP Plaza behind a nice huge tree. Couldn't see a thing.

This was our first tour (ever) and I doubt we will spend the money on another one anytime soon.

• Still wants to be a cat!

Any pics?
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Wishing upon a star....

I am glad you enjoyed the tour! We are going on it on Thursday. It is our first time doing any kind of tour. We are hoping it will be lots of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by CMHusband View Post
    I talked with a couple of people on this tour that said walk in walts footsteps is really nice too. What more would you like to hear?. I guess Walts tour isn't silly. the happy haunts tour is kind of a walking play? your guides are entertaining you,not really guiding you. then you throw in a couple of rides, great seats to the best fireworks show I've seen at DLR and you have a pretty good bargain.

How old are the kids? We didnt take any of our kids on this tour
    thanks for the update and ifo...we must of been typing at teh same time as your update wasn't there when I asked my questions. There are 2-7 y/o; 1-10 y/o; 1-3 y/o; and an infant. Your post anwsered everythig else...thanks for the great information.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast