Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Future Cast Member

HalloweenTime - October 3rd, 2009

HalloweenTime

Yesterday, October 3rd, 2009, I went to Disneyland for HalloweenTime! I was really excited, because I really wanted to see all the decorations, overlays, events, and characters around the park, and was also having Disneyland withdrawls!
    We got there at about 3 or 4, and I went to the Emporium and got my first Vinylmation, a park series #2 blindbox 3'' figure. I asked about the candy corn Vinylmation, but they said they were sold out, and to check Disneyana and World of Disney. I headed over to Disneyana, but they didn't have it. I went back to the main gate area, near the flower Mickey head, with my mom and little brother to wait for my grandma, little cousin, and other little brother to come back from the ticket booth, where they were upgrading my cousin's Annual Pass.
    I took my Vinylmation out of the box, hoping to get an Aquaramouse or Panda, and opened the box and took out the silver bag. I opened it and looked inside, and saw that I'd gotten...Aquaramouse! I decided to take some pictures of it in the flowers and clover while waiting for everyone else to come.

After a while, the rest of my family came and we headed down Main Street to go to New Orleans Square, and I took some pictures on the way.

Celebrate! A Street Party had just ended.

Crowd in New Orleans Square.

Jack & Sally! It was really nice to see them in person. I didn't get to take a picture with them, though.

We decided to go the French Market to eat.

When we got there, though, we noticed one of my little brothers, who's 8, had gotten lost, though we'd just seen him before we went down the few steps to go to the French Market, near Jack & Sally. My mom went to look for him, and after a while, they said they'd taken him to the French Market, where he didn't even see my cousin, brother, grandma, or me, so they took him to City Hall. My mom picked him up and took him to French Market.
    He got there and said, "Why'd you have to pick me up? They were gonna give me cookies and let me watch a movie!"
    We all got food, and I was disappointed that they had allready sold out of collectible Nightmare Before Christmas spoons. That was fast, considering HalloweenTime barely started September 25th, and we've gotten the collectible things from French Market so many times each year, even really close to Halloween.

Next, we headed to Haunted Mansion Holiday. I got some FastPasses, too, so we could go on again later.

I love Jack's coffin and trash can sleigh!

I really like the Haunted Mansion grass.

Even though a fish bowl makes no sense in Haunted Mansion Holiday, I decided to take some pictures of it here.

I love what they do with the limbo scene. I think it looks a little boring during the normal Haunted Mansion.

I tried to get a picture of one of the wreaths. I thought the picture was kind of cool, so I kept it.

My grandma wanted to just sit down, so she saved us a spot in front of the castle for the fireworks about three and a half hours early, while we went to attractions. I wanted to go on Ghost Galaxy, and my cousin is the only one who isn't scared of Space Mountain, so I went with him.

Hey there, Bob!

It was a long wait in line, but it went by fast, and it was worth the wait! I was terrified on the lift hills, since it was pitch black, and the music was freaky, too! I loved the pre-show projection at the top of the lift hill you're on before entering the actual mountain, too! The rest of the ride, you can kind of see the screens, but it didn't bother me. I had heard of the "unexpected drop", but I never feel a drop on Space Mountain. Sometimes, I notice a tiny one, so I figured it would just make you notice the tiny one more, but I guess I never realized how big that drop was! They had a great effect with the arm reaching for you, you really can't see it coming! And I also like the projection where the screen is launched to the speed of your car, so the arm is chasing you. I think everything was great. I think this could really work all year long, since it's not really specifically Halloween, like Haunted Mansion Holiday. Instead, the story is that you encounter a part of space that's actually haunted. You could argue its Halloween themed, but it's just as Halloween themed as Haunted Mansion or Big Thunder Mountain. I think it'd work great!

We headed to the front of the castle to watch Halloween Screams. I heard they might not have it due to winds, so I hoped they would still have it.

Finally, there was an announcement that the show would start in a few minutes, and everyone cheered. Soon, this went up for the inflatable ball:

Then the show started!

http://www.facebook.com/v/1170094745826

There is no doubt this was better than Magical! It's the best show I've ever seen! People have been complaining about the soundtrack, but I thought it was fine. It wasn't sung by a Disney Channel Star, and I don't think it was done like that for a "younger audience", but instead to capture both the scariness and fun of Halloween. The only thing that bugged me was Oogy Boogy dancing. That was a little too far, and kind of changed the character, and made him less scary, weakening his role in the show. Another thing I liked was that, instead of just using fireworks to wow you, the show did that while using them to tell a story and create a certain mood and feel for the show and story. Normally, I only care about extra effects, like Tink or other characters flying, and, for this show, I was excited about the inflatable ball effect. However, they used all the elements to make them all equally great and rely on each other.

Next, we headed to Haunted Mansion Holiday again to use our FastPasses. I took pictures of my Vinyl in the queue again, too.

This time, I took video of the ride, since I had allready taken pictures.

http://www.facebook.com/v/1170061945006

Then we left the park. I went to World of Disney before we left, and they had a few Candy Corn Vinylmation left! I was so happy and grabbed one. Then I decided to get another blindbox, too, so I got an Urban Series #2, and got the Mickey Chocolate Bar, which was the one I wanted. I went home and put them away, took a picture of my collection, and fell asleep, because it was about 1 or 2 in the morning.

Happy HalloweenTime, everyone!
    Last edited by ChessurInWonderland; 10-04-2009 at 04:57 PM.

• Future theatre actress <3

Where the crypt doors creak and the tombstones quake

Re: HalloweenTime - October 2nd, 2009

Great TR makes me excite for when i go!
    So after 2 full days in a row of walking around disneyland and a four hour practice, I finally understand why my doctor told me to take it easy on my knee I still cant wait to do it again

AEROSMITH FTWW!

• Future Imagineer! =D

Great trip report! Thanks for sharing! The Halloween Fireworks are awesome! I saw them they first day the debuted and it was crowded but it was waaay worth it! I was also there on the 2nd too!
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• Future Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by PerformerInWaiting View Post
    Great TR makes me excite for when i go!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleImagineer View Post
    Great trip report! Thanks for sharing! The Halloween Fireworks are awesome! I saw them they first day the debuted and it was crowded but it was waaay worth it! I was also there on the 2nd too!
    Thanks! I was just gonna say, I went the day after you! I just realized I put the wrong date on my thread D= does anyone know how to change it?

Quote Originally Posted by ♥disney.princess♥ View Post
    Thanks! I was just gonna say, I went the day after you! I just realized I put the wrong date on my thread D= does anyone know how to change it?
    you can just edit it click edit advanced options and there u go
    So after 2 full days in a row of walking around disneyland and a four hour practice, I finally understand why my doctor told me to take it easy on my knee I still cant wait to do it again

AEROSMITH FTWW!

and OMG WHERE DID U GET THOSE MICKEY MOUSE!!!!!!!! I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AEROSMITH FTWW!

• Future Cast Member

you can just edit it click edit advanced options and there u go
    Thanks, I'll try it!

and OMG WHERE DID U GET THOSE MICKEY MOUSE!!!!!!!! I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I got it at the Emporium and World of Disney. There's a list of the stores that have them at Vinylmation.net, as well as pictures of all of them. They're called Vinylmation, and are like little collectible Mickeys with different designs or characters on them.

• Future Cast Member

I did that but it didnt change the main title, that appears in the list of threads in the forum.

Thanks, I'll try it!

I got it at the Emporium and World of Disney. There's a list of the stores that have them at Vinylmation.net, as well as pictures of all of them. They're called Vinylmation, and are like little collectible Mickeys with different designs or characters on them.
    OH THANKS A BUNCH lolz i want one!!!!!! how much do they cost?

AEROSMITH FTWW!

I did that but it didnt change the main title, that appears in the list of threads in the forum.
    really? hmm lemme check something out hold on

AEROSMITH FTWW!

hmm thats weird on my thread i went to change the title and it let me. hmmm um try again you have to do it on you origional post too.

AEROSMITH FTWW!

• Future Cast Member

I tried that but it didnt work I think I have to wait for a mod to change it
    OH THANKS A BUNCH lolz i want one!!!!!! how much do they cost?
    No problem! They cost $10, and the candy corn was $13. Thats the 3''. 9'' ones are $40, I didnt get any of those

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Nice report!
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

Nice Pics!!

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Very nice HMH shots!

Great work!
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast