Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Ideas for HalloweenTime in the future

Here's some ideas for future events at Disneyland for Halloween Season I was thinking about this afternoon.
    Disneyland -
    -Keep Halloween Screams, add different villains to change it up every once in awhile.
    - add MANY meet and greets with Disney Villains (Capt Hook, Cruella DeVil, Oogie Boogie, Hades, Jafar, Frollo, etc)
    - Keep bringing back Ghost Galaxy, add new ghost each year, in order to keep the story alive with the search for the space ghosts.
    - Add a Matterhorn overlay next year to test it out. There's gotta be a halloween/ Hallow's Eve story from Switzerland. Add Orange lighting, lightning effect on the inside, and proper themeing to the story.

California Adventure -
    - make the after hours party bigger, with more events, to the status of WDW's party.
    - Halloween parade to the style and grandeur of TDL's halloween parade.
    - World of Color won't be showing as a normal show, but used during the after hours party, as a halloween water show, with the villains.
    - Add better theming to Candy Corn Acres, and make it a legitimate event.
    - Add severe themeing to Tower of Terror.
    - Add proper era halloween theming to Paradise Pier, and change Toy Story Midway Mania
    What do you think?

• Future Cast Member

Re: Ideas for HalloweenTime in the future

I'd like to see an overlay to Big thunder mountain!

• Johnny and Me!

Quote Originally Posted by MainSreetJake View Post
    Here's some ideas for future events at
    I believe this will be the last year for Candy Corn Acres, as Sunshine Plaza Buena Vista Street will be under construction next year.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by dfan07 View Post
    I believe this will be the last year for Candy Corn Acres, as Sunshine Plaza Buena Vista Street will be under construction next year.
    This is true. I'd like to see a halloween event on BVS, that's legit, not this whole Candy Corn thing. I think Candy Corn Acres just needs to be a overlay for Bugs Land at the least.

• Minion

Singing busts from Haunted Mansion graveyard as a roving live singing group - lit by portable blacklights.

Parade of Screams.

Mild haunted overlay to Sleeping Beauty Castle walk-through for kids.

Pixie Hallow - photo spot for guests. Eerie lighting and effects, set up for guest photos.

Trick-or-treat along Main Street - shops give out Disney-themed candy

Dark tunnels on Disneyland Railroad themed for Halloween, and scary, but unannounced.

Instead of Tinkerbell, witch on broom flies from Matterhorn - also unannounced.

Pumpkin Carving Contest - (pumpkins must be pre-carved and ready to display) - judged by Imagineers - top 5 winners receive free annual pass

Splash Mountain totally in the dark. Eerie music and sounds of screams only.

Spooky stories told at Tiki Room, Golden Horseshoe, Fantasyland Theater.

Extensive haunted maze in DCA, with live actors.

Dia de los Muertos, Day of the Dead festival November 2.
    Last edited by Bob Weaver; 10-04-2009 at 08:46 PM.

• Hide and Seek with Anna

Well I think this year with the villians is a let down. I'm not very happy with the select of Charcters they have out this year. Now I got nothing wrong with Hook,Cruella,The Queen,Jafar,Queen of Hearts or the Witch. But the last couble of years they had alot of rare characters out for Halloween like. Don Karnage,Blower Hat Guy,Hades and Big Bad Wolf but this year is blah. I was hoping this year I would of seen Mr. Smee,Prince John,Lady Termine and Step-Sisters, and even though there not really villians but the Gargolers from Hunchback to be out.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

Lightbulb Re: Ideas for HalloweenTime in the future

Quote Originally Posted by MainSreetJake View Post
    Here's some ideas for future events at Disneyland for Halloween Season I was thinking about this afternoon.
    Disneyland -
    -Keep Halloween Screams, add different villains to change it up every once in awhile.
    - add MANY meet and greets with Disney Villains (Capt Hook, Cruella DeVil, Oogie Boogie, Hades, Jafar, Frollo, etc)
    - Keep bringing back Ghost Galaxy, add new ghost each year, in order to keep the story alive with the search for the space ghosts.
    - Add a Matterhorn overlay next year to test it out. There's gotta be a halloween/ Hallow's Eve story from Switzerland. Add Orange lighting, lightning effect on the inside, and proper themeing to the story.

California Adventure -
    - make the after hours party bigger, with more events, to the status of WDW's party.
    - Halloween parade to the style and grandeur of TDL's halloween parade.
    - World of Color won't be showing as a normal show, but used during the after hours party, as a halloween water show, with the villains.
    - Add severe themeing to Tower of Terror.
    - Add proper era halloween theming to Paradise Pier, and change Toy Story Midway Mania
    What do you think?
    Hmmmmm, How about: The Dangers Of Chocolate?? (Based on an abandoned concept from DL's History of Blue Sky projects.)

I think some of the other chatters will gladly inform you you about the story.(If not, I will.)

Timekeeper.

• Banned User

Absolutely no to adding a Matterhorn overlay. That is called over kill.

The party in DCA should not even exists.

The parade needs to come to DL and change every year.

In 2012, DCA needs to start a very elegant Halloween celebration like Tokyo DisneySea's Masquerade theme.

World of Color does need a Halloween show eventually but not in 2010.

Tower of Terror does not need Halloween theming, it is already Halloween-esque.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Big Thunder needs an overlay (but really night time will be the only time most of the effects will be on)

Use HD projectors on Space Mountain and add a few new scares to the ride and the wait area.

Overlay Bugs land (as said by other people)

Have Midway add a few scares into he ride.

I would LOVE to have Screaming have an overlay (the story is your at a abandoned amusement park and the coaster is out of control)

and yes it would be nice to see more done with ToT

• Minion

DL needs Haunted Mazes. Starcade, Big Thunder Ranch, and the Fantasyland Theatre are all ideal locations for some really scary haunted mazes.

• Down Pluto!

How about not putting in all the Halloween stuff in September? That would be a HUGE improvement. The first couple of weeks in October used to be an enjoyable time in the park before the holidays begin. Not anymore - the pumpkins go up in the 102 degree days of September.

I think Disney is pushing the envelope a bit too hard, and in the process is becoming another Knotts clone rather than holding it's integrity.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Halloween Screamin Coaster!!!
    ^just posted a (long) post about a idea of Screamin during Halloween.

• Choir nerd

Here's what I think would be a good idea, not just for Halloween, but for all seasonal events: they should build one ride of some type that is constantly changed in its theme. For example, it could be a haunted house theme in October, a Christmas theme in December, or some other things.

• watch what happens

I wish Disney would expand halloween decor to othere lands.. i.e. parts of Fantasyland! Disney should also promote Mr Toad's Wild Ride and Snow White's Scary Adventure!! Those rides are quite intense alone.

• Lego Peoplemover Priit

Cool Re: Ideas for HalloweenTime in the future

BTMRR for sure. It would actually be fairly simple. Just add sound effects and skeletons and some lighting projections and you are done.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast