• It's all about Theme!

A Day in the Life of the Disneyland Peak Season- Why I love it so much!

I've been meaning to make this post for a while, but it was going to be somewhat long so I've delayed it for a while, but it's ready to go now.

Contrary to many, I strongly enjoy visiting Disneyland during the peak season, why? Because to me it makes me feel like the park is this huge party and I'm one of the guests invited to enjoy this magic with all these other people, it feels like the right place to be.

This Thread is designed to examine the "daily life" of a Disneyland peak season day. The one I fondly have experienced since 2001 when DCA opened its gates, still my most favorite park to be at during dusk, though I'm afraid the recent refurbs may soon change much of that.

6:30-7:00AM-Early Magic Morning Entry
    Whenever I get to go to magic morning's it gives the most wonderful opportunity to enjoy an uncluttered view of the park and the entry plaza, sometimes even a Jamba Juice while walking through Downtown Disney. It feels so fresh and beautiful, especially looking across and seeing the beautiful colors in the sky above the park.

8:00AM-10:00AM Disneyland's Morning Magic
    Just as fresh, but with more life. Walking down Main Street you encounter the Disneyland Band and Disney characters everywhere, the music plays, and the scents fill the air. The lines are short and the first stops are Tomorrowland and Fantasyland, with an emphasis on Space Mountain, Buzz, Matterhorn, and It's a Small World.

10:00AM-12:00PM Slowly coming to boil
    Guests continue to arrive and the park begins to fill up as DCA opens and daytime shows around the park begin to start performances.

12:00PM-4:00PM Afternoon: The most boring part of the day
    for me, continuous feeling of a bustling community.

4:00PM-7:00PM The Late Afternoon Hours
    This is when I go to DCA, watch PPP and hop on Tower of Terror multiple times along with GRR and grab a smoothie from Schmoozies and explore Disney Animation. The last of the daytime shows pump out their last audiences and the lights slowly come on.

7:00PM-8:30PM Dusk Magic
    As the California sunset unfolds in the sky, I decide to ride California Screamin multiple times along with Maliboomer and Midway Mania, but especially Screamin. The beautiful blue lighting of the coaster matched by flying alongside the palm trees in the beautiful California Sunset is my favorite part of the day. I wish I could be there for every sunset.

8:30PM-10:00PM A Nighttime Party
    We reenter Disneyland, lit with lights, in this last 1/2 hour before fireworks, it seems like everyone is doing something, people are dancing in Tomorrowland, waiting for fireworks, eating ice cream at the Gibson Girl, and waiting in line for Matterhorn. The 1/2 hour after the fireworks contains the same feeling as well.

10:00PM-11:00PM The 2nd Morning
    It's like morning all over again. Moderate crowds still party on Main Street as characters come out to play once again and people dash for new destinations. People are eating in Plaza Inn and viewing the 2nd Fantasmic

11:00PM-12:00PM Midnight Hour
    The park starts to shut down after the 2nd Fantasmic as everything slowly closes. It is magical to be one of the last few people exploring the park after closing hours.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• Minion

Re: A Day in the Life of the Disneyland Peak Season- Why I love it so much!

Thanks for this! I would be happy to go during the peak season if it wasn't hot. It's the heat that does me in, not the crowds. I'm a cold-weather creature. For some reason I've always liked sunset time at Disneyland, as the park slowly changes from its nature-oriented daytime personality to its more glamorous nighttime personality.

• It's all about Theme!

^ You know! Winter peak is just as charming without the heat.
    -August 1st 2010

-August 2nd 2010

• It's all about Theme!

Bump!

I wanna hear from you guys! What's your favorite time? Have you experienced these same feelings or something different?
    -August 1st 2010

-August 2nd 2010

• Minion

Probably my birthday (March 3) because it's uncrowded and the weather is cool. It usually rains on my birthday, but if it's sunny, it's spectacular and Disneyland sparkles like at no other time. Christmas is good too with all the decorations.

• "I Break Things"

I love those rare times when you can watch the fireworks from the deck of the Mark Twain and then ride the Mark Twain at night. This is something not possible during peak season.

I also love the park when it rains... especially Jungle... it gives it an entirely new atmosphere when it is raining.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Peaches and Dreams

the middle of march i went with a friend to disneyland and while we were getting ready to board thunder mountain the Remember dreams come true started. fire works were starting too shoot up around us. when we were on the ride though it was still going and we were whipping around the turns with fireworks going off all around. on the second lift hill there were fireworks exploding right infront of us as we looked up into the sky.

I don't know when i'll ever be that lucky again lol.

• Lightspeed to Endor!

Everything sounds like an ideal day during peak season! However, Maliboomer? That's the one ride I haven't been on and probably never will, just looking at that thing makes me tremble!