Page 11 of 134 FirstFirst ... 891011121314213661111 ... LastLast

• Mr. Ghost

Re: Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Part 6: A Prequel in Time, The Unrelenting

Well, Iv'e seen not 1, but two women in white. One had darker hair, and as soon as I got too close they'd vanish.

• Larger Than (After)Life

Re: Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Part 6: A Prequel in Time, The Unrelenting

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    Could you post the photo you took?
    BTW ' I noticed in a photo of the old Attic something I never noticed before.

Notice the portrait behind the old Bride? I wonder.
    I tried fooling around with this image in Photoshop and can't make out the portrait behind the bride at all. It's too pixelated, underexposed and grainy.

But, from the side, that pop-up ghost reminds me of Jose Jalapeño — on a steek.
    Last edited by TheHatboxGhost; 10-15-2009 at 12:37 AM.

• The Ghost Relations Dept.

I'll post a closeup of the portrait sooner or later. It's still there in the attic, just laying on its side on the floor behind Constance.

• Mr. Ghost

I think I have seen that painting on the defunct "Haunted Mansion.info"
    It may be a portrait of a wedding or a man dressed in "Cavalier" style, but it has been so long.
    BTW has anyone seen the youtube video
    of "GGG" played on the pipe organ at Our Lady Of Pompeii RC church in Lancaster NY?
    It's amazing.

You mean this one?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4yy7ROROlk"]YouTube - Grim Grinning Ghosts[/ame]

• Mr. Ghost

yep that's the one

• is too darn hot.

It is beautiful and haunting. Wow.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Genteel Amphibian

Amazing! That made my night, thanks for posting that.
    Other places you can find me:

Digg
    Steam

• =)

If I don't get to play Grim Grinning Ghosts on a real organ (pipe or theater, doesn't matter) and Hedwig's Theme on a real celeste before I die, I will count my life a waste.

Well, not really. Okay, sort of. Anyway, the organ's sound is gorgeous, and the performer is quite good, but I personally would arrange it a little differently. Oh man...now I really want to play it. Any volunteers to be an organ donor for me? Eh? Get it?

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheHatboxGhost View Post
    I could write books on my experiences and what I know, and I've considered — many times — joining such organizations. But I don't because I've found that too many of their members have the wrong attitude, very negative mindsets, and extremely immature and ignorant notions about what may be taking place, the nature and meaning of such phenomena, etc. Also, I know that a great many of these groups stage their findings, use unsuitable equipment and claim as evidence what is clearly not, especially to anyone with appropriate knowledge and a reasonable degree of common sense. TAPS is the worst among them.

Make no mistake, I am not saying this about you personally. However, I just took a peek at the website of the organization that you mentioned, as it's one that I'd never heard of; and immediately, I was greeted by a flash introduction featuring sensationalism designed to attract the very class of member that I'm talking about and put off by. I'm sure that their so-called "paranormal investigators" are finding "ghosts" and "demons" in every dust speck.

I love the traditional ghost and horror story imagery for its entertainment value, especially when used as artfully as it is in attractions like The Haunted Mansion, great literary works and films. (Good, believable horror is very hard to do.) But, it has no place in serious investigation. At least, not in my opinion.

I would like to learn about your HM paranormal experiences, however, and hope that, by expressing my opinion of the aforementioned website's introduction page (and most paranormal investigation groups in general), I haven't discouraged you in any way.
    You haven't put me off, haha. I was recruited by this group because of certain things they had been told about me and my fascination with the paranormal, and they ignored their "21 and over only" rule so I could join. I was told to check out the website, and my first thought about the flash opening was Oh God, not a group like this.... Then I met the rest of the group beyond my recruiter. Professional, aware, and passionate people, all of them, and incredibly well versed in technique and equipment. They're firmly straddling the line between science and spiritualist investigation, and while my personal views of how an investigation should be run is slightly different than that of the established group, it seems to work well for them. (I'm sort of a home-based researcher/historian with them atm as I lack the transportation for many of the locations.) If you go back to the site, check out the photo evidence, especially the one from the OK Corrall. I'd think it was faked if I didn't know these guys.

My HM experiences aren't many in number....I've been touched on the hands once or twice, and once I felt a gentle tugging on my hand followed by a whisper in my ear, saying "Hel-lo." There have been times I've felt nonexistant people behind or near me in the empty spaces of the elevators, usually around HMH times, that seem very displeased with everything going on. Really just insubstantial things, but still very interesting.
    dreams. come. true.

Quote Originally Posted by BellhopPrincess View Post
    If you go back to the site, check out the photo evidence, especially the one from the OK Corrall. I'd think it was faked if I didn't know these guys.
    To me, while it may not be faked, it does not appear to be paranormal.

• Lurker in the Shadows

As the murder trial began weird things happened around our house. The phone would ring and weird breathing and music could be heard. Someone one night used the hose in our front yard and left it on. In those days I slept in a corner bed set with my brother underneath a large picture window that overlooked the giant pine trees of our backyard. One night I laid awake and heard footsteps approaching our room. A dark jacketed male figure with a wide brim hat stopped at our window and stared directly at me wide awake. He reminded me of one of the hitchhiking ghosts in the Haunted Mansion. I thought it was our teenage neighbor and found out the next day he was away at camp. My brother and I never discussed the incident until last year. He remembered seeing the guy too and also thought it was our neighbor.
    This is actually a lot creepier if you've done any research on the Manson family and know anything about what they called "creepy crawling". Basically before (and after) the Tate/LaBianca murders, members of the family used to break into houses near the area and sneak around and steal small objects, move furniture around and do other things basically meant to confuse the inhabitants.

Apparently reports of "ghosts" around that time were through the roof. However, rather than ghosts, they were likely psychotic, bloodthirsty hippies.

I'd probably rather have the ghosts.

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    If I don't get to play Grim Grinning Ghosts on a real organ (pipe or theater, doesn't matter) and Hedwig's Theme on a real celeste before I die, I will count my life a waste.

Well, not really. Okay, sort of. Anyway, the organ's sound is gorgeous, and the performer is quite good, but I personally would arrange it a little differently. Oh man...now I really want to play it. Any volunteers to be an organ donor for me? Eh? Get it?
    I've played Hedwig's theme on a celeste...
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Inhospitable about happy

If you go back to the Haunted Holidays website, they've got a new HBG animation right in the opening attic scene. They've also got their London segment up.

And THIS is interesting: they've removed the picture of the HBG that they nabbed illegally from the Doombuggies.com site. We had a thread over there discussing, among other things, the fact that Disney had technically broken the law if they used that photo without the permission of Jeff Mayhem and/or Paul Clemens, who own(s) the photo.

Someone must have been reading, and did a quick removal!

Before:

After:

"Picture? What picture?" Down the memory hole it goes.
    Last edited by HBG2; 10-15-2009 at 11:00 AM. Reason: add pix
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

UGH!!!!

I absolutely HATE my beady-eyed appearance in the site's new opening!!! Does this new crop of Disney designers suffer from some sort of MENTAL AFFLICTION!? Do the current hire of clueless Disney techno-geeks NEED GLASSES!!??? Or, are they all tiny, squeaking, scurrying mice and therefore FOND OF CHEESE?????????

And would some kind and patient soul, please, DRILL IT INTO THEIR THICK, LITTLE SKULLS (use a heavy-duty Craftsman) that the THE HATBOX GHOST IS NOT THE GHOST HOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it's time for several empty and/or malfunctioning heads to roll. Were I there, I'd be drop kicking them!!!
    Last edited by TheHatboxGhost; 10-15-2009 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Specificity!