Page 2 of 134 FirstFirst 12345122752102 ... LastLast

Re: Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Part 6: A Prequel in Time, The Unrelenting

Hooray for Thread 6! Nice pics of Phantom Manor. Is it just me, or are their skeletons on the cheesy side? I get a Knott's Scary Farm vibe from them. Never seen PM in person though (someday!), so what do I know?

• is too darn hot.

Re: Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Part 6: A Prequel in Time, The Unrelenting

Quote Originally Posted by DisneySarah View Post
    Hooray for Thread 6! Nice pics of Phantom Manor. Is it just me, or are their skeletons on the cheesy side? I get a Knott's Scary Farm vibe from them. Never seen PM in person though (someday!), so what do I know?
    Those pictures look like they were taken with flash, so I imagine they look a lot better in the dark.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• is poppin' tags

Quote Originally Posted by DisneySarah View Post
    I was just thinking they looked pretty hokey. Neon green? Puh-lease. Although I've not been (yet), Phantom Manor doesn't look like it can hold it's own against the OG Haunted Mansion. (IMO)
    For those of you that are curious about my wedding:
    http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/0...heather-tyler/

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by leopardchucks View Post
    I was just thinking they looked pretty hokey. Neon green? Puh-lease. Although I've not been (yet), Phantom Manor doesn't look like it can hold it's own against the OG Haunted Mansion. (IMO)
    You know the ghosts in the DL Haunted Mansion are all neon-colored, right? Mostly green.

• is poppin' tags

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    You know the ghosts in the DL Haunted Mansion are all neon-colored, right? Mostly green.
    Hmmmm. From the pictures posted above the DL ghosts look blue. However, I was not commenting on the ghosts,but the skeletons (which were not neon), but they were hanging off of some slime-green paper mache looking tree-type things. Perhaps it was the flash photography you mentioned earlier, but those scenes look unconvincing and kinda weak.

Being that I have not been to any other HM than the one at DLR, I suppose I am a tad prejudice.
    Last edited by leopardchucks; 10-06-2009 at 11:01 PM. Reason: spelling

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by leopardchucks View Post
    Hmmmm. From the pictures posted above the DL ghosts look blue. However, I was not commenting on the ghosts,but the skeletons (which were not neon), but they were hanging off of some slime-green paper mache looking tree-type things. Perhaps it was the flash photography you mentioned earlier, but those scenes look unconvincing and kinda weak.

Being that I have not been to any other HM than the one at DLR, I suppose I am a tad prejudice.
    The DL HM looks just as bad with a flash.

• is poppin' tags

The DL HM looks just as bad with a flash.
    I have not seen any photos with flash from the HM before, but the graveyard scene comes to mind for being the most 'exposed' by a flash.

• =)

Those shots do look pretty cheesy, but as BassBone said, flash will do that to ANY dark ride, including the original mansion. These are experiences that are intended to be viewed under specific, carefully designed lighting setups. Violate that, and things are gonna look weird...violate it with flash, which'll make pretty much ANYTHING look bad, and it's a recipe for disaster. I'm reserving judgment till I've been to DLP...although I admit I've heard some people say that there's a slightly cheaper feel to the undead residents of Phantom Manor.

• De la Terre la Luke

The skeletons in PM look great in real-life. Flash really does ruin everything!

• Nothin's gonna stop us!

Apparently, the Haunted Mansion will be playing a role in the upcoming game Epic Mickey.

Very little is known about the game at this point, except that it's gonna be pretty darn dark for something that features key Disney characters.

(By the way, note iasw in the background.)

• Larger Than (After)Life

Am I blue?
    Am I bluuuuuue? ♪ ♫

Quote Originally Posted by darkfairycthulu View Post

This zombie is pissed! He ordered brains but all he got was salad.

• Captain EO! :D

Hi all! I've been following these threads from the beginning, but haven't really posted anything. I just love learning about HM stuff I'd otherwise have no idea about. Anyway, thanks to all you knowledgeable and insightful HM fans out there!
    edited to add: TheHatboxGhost, your "needs pants" line cracks me up every time I see a post of yours.
    ----------------------------------------

Jennifer

• Yoiks!

Welcome aboard LS (D)!
    (any guess what Beatles song I have in my head now?)

Recently HBG2 had a great post about defunct HM sites. One I liked was the Leota project. All I remember was its cool animation.

For those new the the HM internet sites, check Your photo requests can be found HERE!!!! - No Flash Pictures, Please - Hot and Cold Running Chills - Disney's Haunted Mansion - Message Board - Yuku

It has a list O' sites. There might beven be a link or 2 for those who are not new the the HM websites.
    Please update it. I'm sure there are many still missing.

Quote Originally Posted by LucyintheSky View Post
    TheHatboxGhost, your "needs pants" line cracks me up every time I see a post of yours.
    Hey, I'm not joking. I'm freezing my invisibles off!!!