Page 4 of 134 FirstFirst 1234567142954104 ... LastLast

• Banned User

That old dark house at the end of the dimly lit street.

Re: Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Part 6: A Prequel in Time, The Unrelenting

I didn't even realize that the new thread started! T5 went way to fast.

• Future Cast Member

Re: Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Part 6: A Prequel in Time, The Unrelenting

I've been on Phantom Manor. The first thing that struck me was the much darker approach. One thing that I really noticed was a growling dog that you see right when you enter the graveyard, as you go down. It's very wolf-ish, and it's snarling with red eyes. It reminded me of cheap party city halloween decorations. I love Phantom Manor, but that's just what I thought when I went on it. The pictures don't do it justice, but it does look kind of odd and cheap like that, with things gorey and that look like things people have during Halloween, while DL's Haunted Mansion is unique and different from typical Halloween things. Regardless, I think Phantom Manor is different in a good way, however I just prefer our mansion more, because of it's more light, fun approach to spookiness and death.

Quote Originally Posted by anazgnos View Post
    The thing I driven home by watching the Martin/Warren ridethrough vid is that the visitor is totally isolated from the WDW facade. You're shuffled through a bunch of side structures, and enter through a hole in the hill with the actual facade always looming above you out of reach. Which I'm sure sets up it's own interesting psychological context for the ride, but I think there's something to be said for being able to walk up on the front porch and physically touch the building itself.
    I agree, I love how we actually walk on the porch and everything, however, I think it's nice that WDW's is different. I don't think it'd be as appreciated if every Disney park Haunted Mansion or some sort of attraction based on it was exactly the same as the original. I think WDW's take the concept of the original, and works it into something unique. I prefer DL's because I grew up with it, and I just seem to like it more, I can't really explain it, maybe it's some sort of nostalgia the mansion has on me, though I've been going to WDW since I was little, but I also enjoy Walt Disney World's.

• (Not a) New User

T5 only lasted less than 3 months! According to my calculator, that averages 22.22222.... posts per day. (Nerdy look). I mostly read it from afar, enjoying many fun facts about the HM, and many fun facts about other things... lol

My Twitter! CardfightrHuntr

• is too darn hot.

From ThinkGeek: Have your own changing portraits.
    http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/...73d/?cpg=wnrdf
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Yes, PM definitely looks gorier and scarier. The dead horse skeleton picture on Happy-Haunts.com is a far cry from our beckoning ghost carriage horse.

Alas, the shamefulness of flash photos.

And BassBone, those changing portraits are creeeeepy. I like 'em.

• is poppin' tags

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    [U]]ThinkGeek :: Haunted Memories Animated Portraits
    I've seen these at the swap meet and at a rockabilly convention (I don't understand the tie-in). The booths each had 5 or 6 different pics and I remember thinking only 2 of them were really awesome/grotseque. The rest kinda had an Addams Family vibe and were not as shocking. I wish I had purchased one... they would definitely start some conversations!
    Last edited by leopardchucks; 10-07-2009 at 07:52 PM. Reason: spelling
    For those of you that are curious about my wedding:
    http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/0...heather-tyler/

• The Ghost Relations Dept.

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    ThinkGeek :: Haunted Memories Animated Portraits
    Don't buy those lame ones. Ours are better.

The Ghoulish Gallery

• Yeti Enthusiast

I wish Disney would sell something like those with the HM changing portraits. I'd buy a Flying Dutchman in a heartbeat, and probably all of the others as well.

October 7th is almost over and that "Tales of Two Cities" site hasn't been updated.

Haunted Holidays | Halloween | Disney

Also, I'll be seeing Haunted Mansion Holiday for the first time this Friday! Along with Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy and the DCA Tower of Terror. Just got me a Disneyland annual pass a little while ago.

• Larger Than (After)Life

Quote Originally Posted by GRD999 View Post

The Ghoulish Gallery
    I was just going to recommend this site but you beat me to it. Are you the mastermind behind these creepy creations, GRD?

• Yoiks!

HBG 2, We understood YOUR links were dead. We were talking about MY links from DB.com. Most of those site are still active (like this one).

BHP: The cymbal monkey is for the HMH. In the first (?) HMH there were several monkeys in the attic. However, all the motors wore down. They made one into the statue. Later, they made an Oogie cymbal/monkey. I think he's still in the attic.

• is too darn hot.

Yes he is. There is also a gorilla bride.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Yoiks!

Dan, You're the Man! No, you're the King. Fisher King.

That site shows ALL THREE STAGES of the Farm Lenticuler (albeit tiny)!!!!!!!!
    There's one more of my HM Photo Grails found!

• Can see my car from here

Quote Originally Posted by GRD999 View Post

The Ghoulish Gallery
    Funny thing about those portraitsó I went to Halloween Haunt at Knott's last year and they had a "Haunted House" maze. Guess what showed up? Yep, they had 6 or 7 of these changing portraits on the walls of their "Haunted Mansion." They look good in person, except the pic of the little vampire/ghoul girl with the dog is just too creepy.

I didn't get to go to the '09 Haunt yet, maybe someone who has gone can tell us if any of these made an appearance this year?
    Far from the frenzy of the frantic world above.

• Larger Than (After)Life

Not to veer off-topic but, judging by the posted messages in another thread, it sounds like the Mickey Mouse Trick-or-Treat Halloween Party turned out to be another fiasco. The one word that I keep reading, time and time again, is "overpriced." And speaking of Halloweenó

I'm going back to Disneyland on Friday for another Haunted Mansion/Halloween Screams fix. Plus, Pirates reopened this week and I want to see what's been done in there. TRUE CONFESSION: I just love the smell of chlorinated Disney Caribbean bayou and really missed it, the last time I went. I may even do some park-hopping, since it's going to be a long day.