• Yeah.....

Sir D's HalloweenTime Video Post Extravaganza!

Howdy MiceChat!

As I'm sure you're all aware, Disneyland has really upped the stakes on their Halloween offerings this year. And it has become apparent to me that October is quickly becoming my favorite month to visit the parks. I can't figure out whether it's the change in the weather patterns, the general lower level of crowds, or if it's just the imminent sugar high....It all just mixes so well for me that I couldn't help but share the feeling! And so, I bring to you a few Halloween treats to help get everyone into the spirit of the season, that is, if you haven't done so already.

First off, I've got a fun little video montage highlighting most of the sights and sounds that can only be experienced during this wonderful time of year. Enjoy!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD0Gm5tgB0E]YouTube - HalloweenTime 2009 at the Disneyland Resort[/ame]

Next, I have something I brought back from outer space. The general consensus on Space Mountain: Ghost Galaxy has been overwhelmingly positive. The biggest gripe most people seem to have is with the soundtrack they chose to accompany the ride. Well I was able to snag a pretty clear recording of it, and my final verdict?.....good enough! Sure it's a bit cheesy and it sounds like it was recorded on a Yamaha keyboard, but it definitely has it's moments and the entire intro segment through to the final lift is pure genius! Have a listen for yourself and create your own opinion!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlSO3xaQE8U&feature=channel]YouTube - Space Mountain: Ghost Galaxy On-Board Audio[/ame]

And now we come to this year's newest fireworks spectacular, Halloween Screams. This is one amazing show! A perfect fit for our humble halloween event and the only way to end a perfect autumn evening at the happiest place on earth! Enjoy!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsAVvKaDlFE&feature=channel]YouTube - Halloween Screams Fireworks Spectacular at the Disneyland Resort (Pt.1)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXXhrhi7jq4&feature=channel]YouTube - Halloween Screams Fireworks Spectacular at the Disneyland Resort (Pt. 2)[/ame]

And now just one more video of the show taken from the It's a Small World plaza, to showcase yet another amazing integration of projection technology used to create a perfect viewing area for this fantastic show. Highlights here include insane colors firing off during the "This is Halloween" segment, a gigantic Ursula squirming across the entire facade, spots all around during Cruella's segment, and the entire building set ablaze with Maleficent's green "Hellfire." Oh, and watch out for a certain familiar clock face sporting a new sinister and rather toothy grin!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2noSwkkqrjE&feature=channel]YouTube - Halloween Screams From It's a Small World[/ame]

Well that's all I've got for now, I hope you all enjoyed it!
    Please let me know what you guys think! And if you want more, the link to my YouTube channel is in my sig.

Happy Halloween!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Sir D's HalloweenTime Video Post Extravaganza!

Great Video's! I need to get a real camera so I can do more than just take pictures.
    But great job, anyone who can't make it to the parks should watch these great video's.

• Proud owner: 50th Tiki

The first video is great. I like how you switched from BTMRR to Splash Mountain at just the right time.

• Can see my car from here

Thanks Sir D for the great videos!

Small World is an under-appreciated area to view fireworks. I like being closer to the shells, you can really feel them. If they could add a few of the castle effects like the flame throwers, pinwheels, and some smaller flares, etc., it could be even better. And small world provides a bigger canvas than the castle, so the projections there feel a little more satisfying. Definitely two nice areas to watch the fireworks. Now if they could work on Rivers of America, that would be three...

Thanks again for the videos!
    Far from the frenzy of the frantic world above.

• We Go On.

That montage is genious. Great job on everything!

• Yeah.....

Thanks everyone! Y'know, I really need to get a better camera. I just hate how YouTube totally rips down the image quality......but first I need money, lol.
    Thanks again!

• Animation Domination

Great videos thanks for sharing.
    "You are watching FOX"

• Just Engaged!

Your Halloween montage video was great! I have seen it all in person but this was a fantastic compilation! Thank you!!

• Cars Land Rocks!

Great videos ... and good job editing. I have a nice video camera (older SD DVCAM) and a regular one, but I haven't taken either to the parks in a long time. I don't have my own HD camera yet, but hopefully I can get one soon. I'd love to put some montages together like that, if I could ever find the time.

• hunter of Hidden Mickeys

thanks for putting up these videos! I was originally planning on going down to Disneyland for Halloween for the first time this year, but things came up and I can't go so seeing this videos is almost as good as being there myself. I actually really like the music for Ghost Galaxy (it somewhat reminds me of music you'd hear in Doctor Who XD).

i had no i dea they lit up IASW!
    thats awesome!
    thanks for sharing

• Returning to DL 2/29

Awesome post
    I'm back and now what!

followme on Twiiter @hurricanefreak

• Yeah.....

Thanks guys!

I'm running out of ideas on what I need to film before Halloweentime ends. Any suggestions?

• Animation Domination

HalloweenTime at DCA?
    "You are watching FOX"