Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Santa Barbara, CA

Let "them" know.

The evidence of lots of hard work is beginning to show down at the park. I'm sure lots of coaxing had to be done and once accomplished, a tremendous amount of effort has been made just to produce and manage the enormous amount of design required to rehab all of this. Since so many involved likely read your posts from time to time, let's try posting some positive props to whomever is responsible for the fantastic efforts made in all divisions. Maybe your post will be a part of their ammo for future enhancements. These folks deserve much, but often get little recognition.

Cousin Orville says thanks to all who are knocking themselves out for making the park look better than it did back in July of 1955. It has been a long time coming, but you hung in there and have turned the corner. Big props to all of you, keep up the great work!
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Rock Star Minion

I agree. Just don't let Eisner know (and that's a creep avatar, CO), or he'll replace Cast Member Matt with someone who won't steal his spotlight.
    I don't know if I'd want CM Matt to get some huge applause in front of CEO Eisner.

• Sock Puppet

I'll second Cousin Orville on that one, great work and attention to detail is what we love and expect from Disneyland!

• Disney fans for life!

When we're at the Park next week, we'll be sure and give them praise. Well deserved!.

• now on the mainland

Here, Here!!! As someone 3000 miles away who looks forward to going to DL almost more than visting friends and family, I am very excited and pleased with all the hard work being done. I'm sure they get other complaints about rides being closed and bldgs being tarped and repainted, but I'm all for it. That's a great sign that things are being improved! Hats off to DL CMs Matt and Greg, and dare I say (dare! dare!), TDA!

• That's Hawt

... We're Not Worthy ... We're Not Worthy! Schhwing!
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Resident Science Nerd

There is nothing like seeing the park get refurbished and coming to life again. In the short time I've had an AP it has changed so much, from kinna sad to truely magical. Kudos to everyone who allowed that to happen, especially all the workers who actually did(and are doing) all that cleaning and painting!
    Oh yeah, and if the first reports are true-thanks for finally putting a great ride into tommorowland!

• Santa Barbara, CA

There is a very dedicated WDI team down there too and many trades that come in form the outside to do specialty finish work. The shots of Main Street look great.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

During all the refurbishments taking place, I had friends visiting Disneyland from time to time that complained about the tarps/walls that were blocking things from view and the closed attractions. I sympathize with them, I understand their frustration. At the same time, I took a few minutes and explained to them how important this refurbishment has been. It's not just for the Anniversary, Disneyland needed some serious improvement. The park is larger than it may seem, there are so many details and not one should be over looked. It takes a tremendous amount of time and effort to get this accomplished. I am so grateful for all that the Cast and Team has done to get this done! I cannot wait to visit Disneyland with not only my girls, but my entire family on May 5!!! I can't even imagine how beautiful the park is going to be. It will be the one moment in all my years of going to Disneyland that the park will be so pristine!

• OM NOM NOM

Yeah, I've had to go out and about to my complaining and puzzled friends and family, telling them that, while it is currently the most blocked-off place on earth, It will soon be the freakin' awesomest place on earth. Props also for my messenger bruthas and sistas who are spreading the good news about Disneyland's return to its former glory.
    Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

My thanks to all involved in restoring the park to its glory. It is really looking great and should be awesome on May 5th.

Lots of kudo's and thanks to all of the people that have worked night and day to get the park back to it's original glory that once was. Let's hope that this beautiful upkeep keeps going long after the 50th celebration so that we don't have to indure the land of tarps in this magnitude ever again.
    Again, thank you very much for everything that has developed over the last few months! The park is really starting to look great!

• Minion

Yes, I echo all the praise and thanks.
    As someone who has been visiting for 45 years, I am so grateful for the tender loving care the park is finally getting. It has been a heartbreaking and painful journey this past what I call the "decade of decay".
    Sometimes I would actually want to cry, looking at peeling paint, and theming completly gone, cm's with no Disney Magic, well, you know what I mean.
    Please believe how exciting all this is for us Disneyland fans, and how much we all appreciate your tremendous efforts.

• Still wants to be a cat!

Ditto for all comments above.....THANK YOU! Greatly appreciate all efforts that have been made to make our Magic Kingdom "Magic" again!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

The Magic is back!
    The Mur

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast