Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• no flash photography...

Re: Hey- I need the truth about Gay Days at Disneyland-

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl
    The other thing I saw was a website that claimed perverted things were going on in the park, but the photos they used (from Florida) were from Pleasure Island, an over-21 bar.

I see perverted stuff going on in dl on every trip. usually between straight teens. I don't really need to see their tongues wresteling and drool rolling off their chins.....as well as some of the heavy petting I've seen in line....please go use the back seat of your car...or a bathroom stall..or behind some bushes...there are other options...one time my father offered these two kids money for a room. they didn't take it, but they did stop...LOL

True, I see teens making out sometimes. Nothing like is claimed for gay days though. I guess I've been lucky to have avoided the worst of the public sex.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

•   
    • So fetch

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe
    I see perverted stuff going on in dl on every trip. usually between straight teens. I don't really need to see their tongues wresteling and drool rolling off their chins.....as well as some of the heavy petting I've seen in line....please go use the back seat of your car...or a bathroom stall..or behind some bushes...there are other options...one time my father offered these two kids money for a room. they didn't take it, but they did stop...LOL
    Reminds me of the time when I was 12. My family and I were waiting in line for the matterhorn behind a group of HS boys. They were making inappropriate comments about girls walking by. My mom bluntly told them "Please stop, my kids can hear you." They were so embarassed they got out of line.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Nephy, here is some interesting info for you to give the guy on the other board:

While the Gay Day events are NOT official and Disney does not sponsor them in any way, the Nights of Joy (a Christian event) is a Disney sponsored event that receives a lot of company support and attention. Nights of joy is even on the Disney Web site: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw...ecialEventPage
    which the gay events aren't.

Hope this helps,

Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Original Mice-Chatter

awww, Dusty one- you are the bestest ever! *smooch*

• Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    Nephy, here is some interesting info for you to give the guy on the other board:

While the Gay Day events are NOT official and Disney does not sponsor them in any way, the Nights of Joy (a Christian event) is a Disney sponsored event that receives a lot of company support and attention. Nights of joy is even on the Disney Web site: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw...ecialEventPage
    which the gay events aren't.
    Doesn't look like this is the case this time...

The guy was there for the Gay Days, but no mention yet if he was there "by accident" or protesting or actually going for the event.

Sounds like he may've been going specifically for the event, but was still misguided on who the sponsor really was. It happens... just like those women that accidentally went on the Jim Hill Tour instead of the official tour.
    -Tim

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

http://www.gayday2.com/html/home.html

Remember, this event isn't sponsored by Disney (hence why it's "unofficial") so if you call Disneyland asking for information about Gay Day, they will tell you that this is not a Disney event.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys
    awww, Dusty one- you are the bestest ever! *smooch*
    What the...? Why does he...? Why didn't I...? I...He...What...I...?
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Circle of Ancients

Disney does not promote any "non-Disney" event. You can rent out space for private parties (obviously). I don't understand why people get their panties in a bunch because Disney doesn't sponsor the event. It's been working great all of these years without Disney sponsorship.

There are PLENTY of other event "days" at the park that Disney doesn't sponsor either.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    There are PLENTY of other event "days" at the park that Disney doesn't sponsor either.
    Anything I might want to boycott about? Because I think I should have some excuse.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    Anything I might want to boycott about? Because I think I should have some excuse.
    Well, there is Goat's Day in the Park. That might be a good excuse if that's the kind of thing you want to boycott...
    -Tim

• Rock Star Minion

Hmm, "...unstructured activities...," eh? BOYCOTT!!!!

• Hello there

Blog Entries

I have been to gay Days in WDW. Didn't even know it was gays days. Didn't care either. And I wore red. Didn't know that had any significance until i came on this board. It just so happens to be my favorite color. Not really sure why it is an issue. Even if a person is a homophobe, its not like anyone should be groping anyone male or female in the parks. too many little kids.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Disney did not sponsor the Gay Days Events, since it coincided with the Nightmare Before Christmas opening, I did attend Friday and Sat. Many of the families were shocked and angered at the behavior that was seen at the park. I saw two hefty lesbians kissing on the train with small children pointing and laughing. I think that a Gay Day is a good idea, but the park should be closed to families and small children So when 300 pound lesbians kiss or two guys make out on "small world," nobody will be mad at Disneyland for allowing this to happen. If my kids had asked me why two 300 pound lesbians were kissing on the train, I would be furious. So i'ts better if the park were closed for a "special event," than for Disneyland to piss off familes who were clueless to this event.

Wink Re: Hey- I need the truth about Gay Days at Disneyland-

Quote Originally Posted by chrisaustx
    Disney did not sponsor the Gay Days Events, since it coincided with the Nightmare Before Christmas opening, I did attend Friday and Sat. Many of the families were shocked and angered at the behavior that was seen at the park. I saw two hefty lesbians kissing on the train with small children pointing and laughing. I think that a Gay Day is a good idea, but the park should be closed to families and small children So when 300 pound lesbians kiss or two guys make out on "small world," nobody will be mad at Disneyland for allowing this to happen. If my kids had asked me why two 300 pound lesbians were kissing on the train, I would be furious. So i'ts better if the park were closed for a "special event," than for Disneyland to piss off familes who were clueless to this event.
    You're kidding, right?
    Although appearing to "support the idea of Gay Day" it sounds like you are actually "opposed to the practice of Gay Day". Or am I wrong?
    And the truth will set you free!
    Cliff
    WDW '72, '97, '00, '02, '03 '06 '07, '08 DL '98, '05, '10 DLP '00 DCL '09

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast