Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Would you go see Light Magic one last time?

Would you go and see Light Magic one last time if they brought it back for one night?

• love my friends

Re: Would you go see Light Magic one last time?

Quote Originally Posted by DCADude
    Would you go and see Light Magic one last time if they brought it back for one night?

yes I would I loved it

• A Pirate's life for me!

Only if I was already at the Park and had a bench to sit on directly in front of where the jumbo screen float would stop. And maybe if they threw in a soda and churro for me to eat while I waited for the show to begin.

In other words...No. Not if I had to go out of my way to see it.

Sorry.

• The one, the only...

NO... We don't need to live in the past. It was a failure. We need to move on. It was an attempt to reduce the cost of running a nightime parade. MSEP was expensive. They wanted a cheap version with only four floats. Hardly enough for a parade.

Disney can do better. I know that MSEP can be topped. The problem is that management did not know why the older parade was successful.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Only because I didn't get to see it that great. When we first (and the last time) saw it, were behind layers and layers of people, I was also not as tall as I am now, so i can only see the tops of the floats and a few pixies. I just remember liking the CELTIC music being played. It's not 'leprechaun' music as someone called it.

• Disney Nerd

YES!!!! i heart light magic, and miss it dearly.....technically it's still on hiatus, so bringing it back would just be ending it's 5 year vacation!!

• Koubu Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan
    NO... We don't need to live in the past. It was a failure. We need to move on. It was an attempt to reduce the cost of running a nightime parade. MSEP was expensive. They wanted a cheap version with only four floats. Hardly enough for a parade.

Disney can do better. I know that MSEP can be topped. The problem is that management did not know why the older parade was successful.

MSEP was topped-in Tokyo. Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade Dream Lights was done by Oriental Land Co. a couple of years of ago. It's an amazing parade and quite long.

I never saw Light Magic. I only remember seeing concept art. It looked like there fairies or elves and the Disney characters were all wearing pajamas.

• Huh?

I would love to see it... I've only heard the music and quite love the celtic renditions of the disney songs (and Baroque Hoedown!). Haven't see the parade yet...
    -Tim

• Still wants to be a cat!

Never saw it, so bring it back just for me!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Artsy Fartsy

Iv'e never seen it either. Any one got pics?? Or is it that old?

[IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m4v8ubq0103m8.png[/IMG]

• insufferable know-it-all

If they brought it back just one time, I'd videotape it so I could later do a thorough analysis of how a show could have all the right technical elements and still suck as badly as it did.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

there is a video at www.visionsfantastic.com

• keh!

i would like to see it in person for the first time.

I was looking at the logo design for Light Magic and I just help but really like it. It kind of misleading and mysterious at the same time. Mickey and Minnie stare at Tinker Bell in a mystical gaze as she floats with her wand, as if ready to show them the magic of light. In the background, a dark purple color hovers and twinkling light hold over the words Light Magic. In color theory purple represents mystery and unawareness. The artist did a great job. After staring at the design for a good five minutes, I couldn't help but download the video from Visions Fantastic. In saying that the artist did a great job, I mean he/she fooled me into seeing it and how utterly disappointed I was. The beginning part was actually not that bad. The pre-show song is cool with the lights coming from everywhere in Main Street. The floats come in very slowly and mysteriously as if the song is to wake them up. But when the show actually started, I wasn't impressed. It looked as if there was no choreography at all. It's like the perfomers were told to just to do whatever for 20 minutes. I can only see this show as a Celtic Irish step dance show fit for the Fantasyland Theatre.

It's a wonder how so drawn I was to that logo, almost like a subliminal message.

See Light Magic...

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by DCADude
    Light Magic was better than NOTHING. It had potential. If the hardcore Disney fans would've just kept their mouth shut and given the park some time to work out the bugs then I think the show would've worked out. Instead, they let their hate be heard and used the grand stand the media gave them to force Disney to can the show. I think someone associated with this site can claim more than 50% of the credit for the shows demise. Historically, a lot of things associated with Disney and Disneyland were not an instant success. It's just too bad that the hardcore fans have forgotten this and forgotten how to give the company a chance. DCA is a perfect example.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast