Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Premium Youngling and

Thumbs up Shutting Down Space To Retrieve Prescription Glasses 10.9.09

So last night I was at Disneyland, which was at capacity by 8:00 pm, mind you, and I decided to use my Space FP around 7:00pm. The stand by line at the time was about two hours and fifteen minutes long. I was just about to be grouped into a train when all of the sudden, a lead walked across the track hurriedly and told the grouper to stop grouping people! I was confused to say the least...

After they unloaded everyone off of every train, they started to send empty trains, pulling every other one off of the track. Still no word on what was going on. After pulling three or so trains off the track, the trains began to start backing up in the loading area almost to area where you make your final turn coming out of the photo tunnel. And all of the sudden, the lights came on!

It was down for maybe 15 minutes or so, but in the end, the final story was that a guest had lost their prescription glasses inside the ride, and the cast shut down the entire ride to retrieve the glasses...

Now for the point of my story! I think its absolutely amazing that Disney did so much simply to retrieve a pair of glasses. Shutting down a ride as popular as Space Mountain on a Friday night that had a nearly two and a half hour wait... I think that kinda really cool. Sure, it couldn't have happened at a more inconvenient time, but they could have EASILY said, "Oh too bad, you'll have to wait til the park closes and we shut down the ride then." So kudos to you Space Mountain cast members

What are your thoughts?

• Banned User

Re: Shutting Down Space To Retrieve Prescription Glasses 10.9.09

That is really cool. I am surprised they did that. A really great story! Thanks for sharing.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I bet they probably wouldn't have done that for many material objects but they did it for the fact that the glasses were prescription. But I can be wrong.

I would be heated just for some glasses?....... No just kidding, but that's a first time I have ever heard of them doing that. Plus the fact that they found them is amazing considering they could have fallen or flew anywhere is something else.

EDIT: thats better lol
    Last edited by Explicit; 10-10-2009 at 08:57 AM.
    DL Trips: '86, '87, '88, '89, '91, '92, '93, '94, '95, '96, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit View Post
    I would be heated just for some glasses?....... No kidding, but that's a first time I have ever heard of them doing that. Plus the fact that they found them is amazing considering they could have fallen or flew anywhere is something else.
    Some glasses that someone needs to see with. They aren't just "Some Glasses." Sunglasses are just "Some glasses." Prescription glasses are much more important considering the fact that the person can't see without them.

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
    Some glasses that someone needs to see with. They aren't just "Some Glasses." Sunglasses are just "Some glasses." Prescription glasses are much more important considering the fact that the person can't see without them.
    Obviously you don't see that I was joking. Read before you comment.
    DL Trips: '86, '87, '88, '89, '91, '92, '93, '94, '95, '96, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Oh. My Sarcasm pills didn't kick in yet .

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
    Oh. My Sarcasm pills didn't kick in yet .
    No worries, I wasn't sure how my initial response would turn out. got to put a just before the kidding.

• Future Cast Member

If they're so important, why wear them on Space Mountain after seeing a million videos saying to put them away?

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by ♥disney.princess♥ View Post
    If they're so important, why wear them on Space Mountain after seeing a million videos saying to put them away?
    exactly, when I had to wear glasses I took them off on the fast rides.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ♥disney.princess♥ View Post
    Oh trust me glasses usually stay on. I know I always wear mine on rollercoasters and such and they never fall off. they're designed to stay on(all glasses in general) but not gauranteed.

• Pongo is my hero.

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    exactly, when I had to wear glasses I took them off on the fast rides.
    I wear glasses on all roller coasters including ones like The Hulk, Dueling Dragons, RnRC but they never fall off. Perhaps CMs know people never usually take off their glasses, and to expect accidents to happen when they do lose them.

one hundred and one

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer Scott View Post
    Perhaps CMs know people never usually take off their glasses, and to expect accidents to happen when they do lose them.
    well, I guess it's good the plan for people who choose not to follow instructions. .

• Not a Minion

So if I wanted to simply see the ride witht he lights on, I should just throw down my prescription glasses?

Then again, if I do that, I won't see anything since I won't have my glasses.

And on top of that, as im writing this, I see a nice ad for LensCrafters

• Pongo is my hero.

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    well, I guess it's good the plan for people who choose not to follow instructions. .
    ... You don't see people wearing glasses on roller coasters or othe thrill rides like Splash? I suppose you have a problem with them stopping the ride then?

one hundred and one

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast