View Poll Results: Would you like to see Casey Jr. Circus Train as a thrill ride?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

16 25.81%
  • No!

41 66.13%
  • I wouldn't mind either way

5 8.06%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Future Cast Member

Lightbulb Casey Jr. Circus Train Discussion: Original Idea

I'm sure most Disney fans know the original idea for Casey Jr. Circus Train to be a thrill ride. It was, for a day, but it kept breaking down, and they just closed it for the day. Two weeks later, it reopened as the Casey Jr. we know today, because problems kept it from being a thrill ride at the time.

However, the question I want to ask and discuss is this: would you want the original idea to be executed and make Casey Jr. Circus Train into a fun thrill ride for the whole family? What would you do to make this happen? What would you change, and how would you incorporate the thrill ride into the concept of Casey Jr. from Dumbo?

I, myself, have grown to love the Casey Jr. we currently have, however, I think it could be really fun and unique to create a thrill ride out of it. I've heard from Imagineering books that the orginal concept for the StorybookLand Canal boats was also a thrill ride, where there would be a drop, similar to splash mountain, but you would come out of the whale's mouth. I think one thrill ride for Storybookland and one slower ride would be nice. I'd choose Storybookland Canal Boats to stay as it is, becuase I like the facts and different things you hear, like how Walt planted some of the little trees himself. Casey Jr. Circus Train could easily be a thrill ride, especially with a more stressed "I think I can" segment of the ride.

• Future Cast Member

Re: Casey Jr. Circus Train Discussion: Original Idea

I just put up a poll. =) If you do participate in the poll, please explain the answer you chose with a post, so we can hear different viewpoints and discussion on the subject.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I blieve in Disneyland Paris, they went the original route and Casey Jr. is more of a thrill ride than here. Kiddie Coaster at best, but more thrills than CA.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

I like it the way it is now, and going so fast down the hill i pretty thrilling
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Minion

I would say I prefer it the way it has been for all these years. I wouldn't have minded it as more of a thrill ride if that's how it had been since the beginning, but I've grown to appreciate it as is.

There is that moment when it does speed up a bit through the Alps section, which is kind of fun, but I think having a slower paced ride allows you to look around a bit more.

It was the first attraction after Small World that I was trained on (as part of the Snow White/Pinocchio/Casey rotation) and I always enjoyed working it. Seeing the little kids get such a kick out of climbing into the monkey cages.

Fun stuff.

• world class bilge rat

I don't like thrill rides. Thunder Mountain and the Matterhorn are pretty much my limit.

There are already plenty of thrill rides in DL, and too many in DCA.

Casey Jr. and the Storybook boats are some of my favorite rides ever. Especially after dark. Nice and slow, and you can see all the details of the miniatures and landscaping.

These rides are in a section of the park that's aimed at kids. (Even ones who are 52, and 6' tall! lol) If either of these rides were thrill, I shudder to think of the abuse that would go on there. Little Johnny doesn't like thrill rides, but Daddy decides that Johnny is going on it anyway. Of course, Daddy always gets his way...... Then little Johnnys hysterical screaming throughout the ride pretty much ruins it for everyone else.

DL is supposed to be a fun place that you'll have fond memories of forever.

Rob

• Future Cast Member

These are great points. =)

What I like about Casey Jr. is you can also sit in the last seat and ride backwards, which is really fun! =D I think if it was more of a thrill ride, it'd lose hidden gems like that, plus the I think I can part might not be as special anymore. =)

And I don't like thrill rides, either, I only go on Disney ones, and even then, I'll only go on ones like Matterhorn or Big Thunder, not Tower of Terror!

• Banned User

No. We have a thing called Gadget's Go Coaster and that fits it just perfectly.

• Cranky Dragon is Cranky

There are plenty of thrill rides in the other lands; Casey Jr. is fine as it is.
    Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
    : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

I loved the roller-coaster style one in Paris, but I always grew up with DL's and I want it to stay that way. Also it is pretty much buried in the center of Fantasyland, so the noisy coaster mechanics would sort of ruin the tranquil, dream-like atmosphere, whereas the one in Paris is tucked out in the corner.

• Collision speed....FULL!

Casey Jr. was never meant to be a thrill ride in the beginning, I don't think. Mr. Toad was originally going to be a thrill ride, but was toned down in order to provide for a broader audience which is probably what you're thinking of. Casey Jr. is fine the way it is, because it's an actual train on a track with rails, ties, ballast (and the wheels you see aren't for show!) unlike it's cousin in Paris that's a "powered coaster" on standard roller coaster track.

Casey Jr. actually goes at a pretty fast clip as it is now, and it doesn't need to go any faster than that. Besides, even in the movie it doesn't even go that fast to warrant making it into a thrill ride.

• Disney fanatic

I'm torn, but lean towards making it a faster ride. I don't know if I'd go all out thrill ride, but we got the chance to ride it once when it seemed to be moving at a faster clip and it was a blast.

• Banned User

Casey Jr. still goes pretty fast down the hills. Besides, Paris's was designed to be a thrill coaster, with a longer course and not as detailed miniture scenes. If Casey Jr. was made faster the ride would just go by to quick.

• Don't mess with the duck!

Love this ride just the way that it is. Gives you time to look around and see parts of Storybook Land. The brief spurts of speed are plenty for my family and is small child friendly.

• Minion

You mean it's not thrilling already?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast