• former CM

Fireworks from parking garage roof?

My four-year-old was slightly freaked out by 4th of July Fireworks, and Disneyland's Halloween fireworks might be a little too intense for her,
    so
    in order to ease her into fireworks
    and hit the freeway a little earlier. . .
    can we watch the fireworks from the top of the parking garage?
    Of course the view won't be as good
    and we won't get the music, but may/can we watch them from there?

• =)

Re: Fireworks from parking garage roof?

You can definitely see them from there! I've done that before. It's still loud and visually intense, but perhaps not quite as much so. And the crowds will certainly be thinner! It can also be cool for the adults because you get to see where many of the fireworks are being launched from; many of the backstage mortars are clearly visible in the distance.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

You can definitely see them from the roof but as I recall they sounded a lot louder up there, plus with the car alarms going off the noise at times was intense.

If you are looking for a quieter spot to watch them I would recommend the Esplanade or the parking lot at Mimi's.

• Future Cast Member

Yeah, it might be better to actually view them from the hub because she might get distracted by the projections, zero, and jack. The 4th of july ones seemed very boring to me, they only had unmemorable music and some equally unmemorable fireworks that were just plain. the new ones are a lot nicer and small children may enjoy them more. My 2 yr old brother does

yahhh you can but you are closer to the fireworks than if you are in the park...it is more intense frm the top
    First Trip To WDW 8/16/09-8/27/09 was the best!!

• DLR Cast Member

If you're going to watch from the parking structure, the landing on the stairs between the 5th and 6th floors offers a better view than the top floor (there is an overhang that blocks the view of some of the fireworks when you are on the top floor). The last 2 times I have done it, the car alarms weren't going off (don't know why, they certainly used to).

That said, I don't think you can see the projections on the balloon (and certainly not on the front of the castle) from there - perhaps a brief view of Zero.

• former CM

Thumbs up Thank you!

Thanks, for all the tips! ! ! ! ! !

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Jim View Post
    If you're going to watch from the parking structure, the landing on the stairs between the 5th and 6th floors offers a better view than the top floor (there is an overhang that blocks the view of some of the fireworks when you are on the top floor).
    Ah, yes, I forgot about that. Just don't clog the stairwell so people can't get through.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

I've done this before and it really sets you up well for a quick getaway. The experience isn't quite the same, but you still get a great fireworks show from a different angle. It will still be loud, and you'll probably get quite a few car alarms going off. The trade off is definitely being first in line for the freeway. As soon as the show is over, you make a bee-line for the five freeway without the massive crowds swarming the trams. I think since your little one might be afraid of the fireworks to begin with, you're making a good call.

• 11 Year Annual Passholder

I definitely don't recommend it. I just did this a week or so back and I loved it- but if it is the loud bang sounds your kid is afraid of then it's much more intense from the parking garage (car alarms went off). If it's the music then it's fine.

^Art by me!^
    Check out my
    Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 12.15.14}
    You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
    Visit my
    Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
    Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 19

• Yeah.....

There are two stairwells, facing east toward the park. The southeast one (the one closest to the escalators) usually gets full of people at show time. The other one at the northeast corner of the structure is almost always empty. And yes, it's very loud up there!

• Minion

The roof top is way to loud and the car alarms could be scary.

To me the best place to watch them is it's a small world. There are visuals on it's a small world that are neat for kids and adults. It is never crowded. It's like watching a movies on small world. After that you ride small world and then take the train to Main st by the time u get there alot of the traffic will be gone and ur little one get two more rides. My fiancee and i do this all the time. We go every weekend my far the best place and u don't get stuck in that much crowd.