• Banned User

will disneyland ever have another enterance/exit

Hey at work today I was wondering if they would ever consider giving Disneyland another enterance/exit. Would it make a difference capacity numbers wise? If they ever did add another turnstile, where do you think would be more appropriate for it? I personaly don't think they should add another one, I dunno where they'd put it

• =)

Re: will disneyland ever have another enterance/exit

Yeah, I can't think of any good place to put it, and the experience of entering the park wouldn't be as nice. What they really need is more places in the park for people to go, not more places for people to enter through, if you ask me.

• Cars Land Rocks!

I'd like to see more exits other than Main Street to clear the area faster.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by OC2Epcot View Post
    I'd like to see more exits other than Main Street to clear the area faster.
    Site-to-site matter transporters.

• Trouble a'Bruin

perhaps a second exit to be used during parades or fireworks but a second entrance would suck. the whole first 100 yards of the park is designed to immerse and relax you into the experience. if u just popped into the park somewhere your mind wouldn't be ready for it.
    I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing-it was all started by a mouse

• Pongo is my hero.

Epcot has one. It's so nice and relaxing entering into the World Showcase... ahhh. But two different scenarios. What would Disneyland be if it weren't packed to the brim on Main Street during a mass exodus after Fantasmic or Magical? How can there be another Main Street? Maybe DCA, but not DL imo.

one hundred and one

• Future Indy Castmember

I was thinking about the Monorail's DTD station since that is technically a second entrance/exit. But yeah, there isn't space for another entrance/exit.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Yeah.....

I always thought it would be great to have an exit-only gate open up out at the very edge of Critter Country. I mean, you're only a couple hundred feet away from Disneyland Drive, and then just another like 50 feet to the crosswalk that takes you across to the M&F structure. They could do it only for the extreme situations and make sure it's clear that there's no re-entry from that point and that it's really only beneficial to those parked in the structure. It could work...

• Minion

That's a great idea. And I would hope they have several emergency exits already, in case of an earthquake, fire, terrorist attack, reinstatement of a past executive other than Matt Ouimet, or other disaster.

• Cars Land Rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Didymus View Post
    I always thought it would be great to have an exit-only gate open up out at the very edge of Critter Country. I mean, you're only a couple hundred feet away from Disneyland Drive, and then just another like 50 feet to the crosswalk that takes you across to the M&F structure. They could do it only for the extreme situations and make sure it's clear that there's no re-entry from that point and that it's really only beneficial to those parked in the structure. It could work...
    That's what I was thinking. Something that is an exit only, especially for the Fantasmic crowds that want to leave the park. Of course Disney doesn't want you to miss the gift shops on the way out.

• We Want The Redhead

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    That's a great idea. And I would hope they have several emergency exits .
    This has been discussed in the past. There are several exits that can be used in the case of serious emergency. There is one behind Innoventions, behind Main Street on the east side, one behind New Orleans Square as well as another in Frontierland, the big gate in Critter Country next to the exit of Spalsh Mountain, at the rear of Toon Town by Mickey's House, between Toon Town station and Tomorrowland station where the Monorail/DLRR roundhouse is, one up behind the Circle D Ranch leading from the old Festival of Fools Arena, and a few others I'm forgetting.
    Park administration brags that in case of serious emergency conditions, the park can be evacuated totally in 15 minutes.
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

• Future Cast Member

I think the normal exit and the monorail one to downtown disney is enough. I don't think there should be more than those, because then kids can go through the exit, things just won't work out well. Everything's great as it is, with DCA across, ticket booths in between, etc. with the Esplanade having lots of different places to get to. Plus, it's part of the experience walking down Main Street into and out of the park. I think it might ruin the magic, in my opinion

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Other than the monorail station, exiting to downtown disney, which is limited, there is also the limited stops at the train station that will take you to the other train stations including the one at the main entrance, so there is a more relaxing way to get through the crowds.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

One time we took a friend to Disneyland and she had a fit when we were boarding a monorail. "I wanted to go in through Main Street!"

Jeesh. Mix it up a little. If they had built Disney's Grand Californian behind Frontierland and called it Wilderness Lodge, they could have an entry like DCA's second entrance. It would be just like we have there. I heard a rumor they were considering building a couple of new Disney hotels behind the park, so that's how it would work. I don't know if you could cut through the hotels after the parks close on your way to Mickey and Friends, but it would be a lot easier to walk a couple of blocks than to go all the way out to the tram boarding area and wait in a big long line.

• Minion

They could have an exit from Interstate 5 that puts you directly onto the Autopia.