Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

•   

New Disneyland Resort President Named(Merged Threads)

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

re: New Disneyland Resort President Named(Merged Threads)

So is this good or bad?
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Shubisha

From that list of 3 suggestions he seemed best.. I'd be concerned if the VP of wdw operations was brought over. Really it's another case of "wait and see what he does"... well if he does anything this time :P

• =)

I feel sorry for this guy...if folks online have been talking about "Quimet" and "Rasolu", I can't imagine what they'll do with a surname like Kalogridis! =/ But seriously, I hope he does a good job. We we'll indeed have to wait and see.

• I'm not really here

I'd like to offer him my congratulations on getting this position. I hope he's able to hit the ground running fairly well. I look forward to seeing what he does with the position.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    I'd like to offer him my congratulations on getting this position. I hope he's able to hit the ground running fairly well. I look forward to seeing what he does with the position.
    Applying for a senior position at TDA there?

All kidding aside I'm thinking this is good. I mean DLRP was run fairly well during his tenure there wasn't it?

• Banned User

His prior experience includes being the park operations VP for both DLP and Epcot, he was the GM for the Grand Floridian, and shortly was a VP of DLR operations during the DCA rollout. From what I remember about DCA's opening, the execution of the park's rollout to the general public was done very well. I don't believe that there were any unfinished projects or significant opening day malfunctions or glitches in the park that would have gave the critics any ammunition. If Kalogridis played a major part in this rollout then I would say that it was a great success and it should be noted as such. Needless to say that other departments and executive offices (namely Eisner) contributed to the downfall of DCA. I didn't see much fault in the operational side of things to cite Kalogridis or the operations team on. Hopefully as president he will enforce the same Disney-standard for the parks during this time of revitalization for DCA. With that said and his prior experience with DCA as a major project I would think that we should not expect any MAJOR changes to happen at Disneyland Park anytime soon.

• Done waiting!!

Seems like the right guy at the time at the right place. We'll see. Any CMs from that time period remember him?
    I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

Good to hear an Ops person is heading the Resort.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by goofypirate View Post
    Seems like the right guy at the time at the right place. We'll see. Any CMs from that time period remember him?
    I was a CM at Disneyland during Kalogridis' time and for the most part nothing that he did seemed to affect Disneyland itself. The most that I could remember being stirred up on the CM level was the last-minute campaign to get mass amounts of DL CM's to transfer to DCA based off the fact that there were not enough new CM's being hired into the park and at the same time there was a lack of CM leadership. Other than that nothing really changed as far as Disneyland Park was concerned.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Applying for a senior position at TDA there?
    LOL... definitely not. I wouldn't want a TDA position. I would much rather be a front-line CM.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Done waiting!!

Hmmmm just did a search of Kalogridis on the forums here. Seems like he and Karl Holz were sent out to DLP and they had a tendency to raise prices and focus on the bottom line. The only other noticeable thing that George did was cut Epcot's hours so that they closed at 9. I didn't really find anything positive. Its clear he's one of Rasulo's lackeys though.
    I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

• Kawasaki Kreep

Disneyland's new president is named

Editor's Note 10/12: George Kalogridis, who previously oversaw Anaheim theme parks' operations, today took over as the new president of the Disneyland Resort. More at the OC Register. - Al Lutz
    What does this mean for the parks? I've never heard of this guy (but that's just me).
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Jenny1987 View Post
    Oh dear sweet zombie jesus on a stick no.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Disneylands new president is named.

Well, we had never heard of Ed Grier either, so who knows?

• Banned User

Re: Disneylands new president is named.

this is the abosulte worst choice. To quote O.C. Register comments:

"
    Okay… Disneyland Paris is renowned for its struggle and DCA was viewed as a colossal misfire when it opened. So now, they are going to bring in the guy overseeing these failures? You can tell just by the stuffed suit that he is wearing in this photo that he probably subscribes to the M. Eisner school of thought where we: Build it on the cheap then sell it to the fans using an outrageous and misleading marketing campaign.
    DLR is now doomed"

I'm familar with this guy's work in DLP and he was one of the people who were proud of DCA when it opened echoing the statement "DCA will be so popular that the problem will be telling guests that DCA is full and that they will have to settle for Disneyland". Hes gonna be a troublemaker for the resort. You guys will be begging for Paul Pressler after this guy.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast