Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31
  1. #1

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3

    Question Question regarding So Cal residents without ID.

    Hello, I'm asking this on behalf of a family member. He and his family have lived in the L.A. area for over 4 years, however they are not here legally. They have visited Disneyland, and would like to purchase So Cal annual passes since they do not live far, however they've never tried since they can't produce government issued ID such as a driver's license, CA resident ID, passport, etc.

    Anyone know if there is anything else they can produce to show that they southern California residents? They don't have anything with a picture ID that has their current address. I've tried to email Disney but have not received a reply.

    What do college students from out of state living in So Cal dorms do?

    Thanks for any information.

  2. #2

    • Fantasmic! Fanatic
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ventura County, California
    Posts
    598

    Re: Question regarding So Cal residents without ID.

    I would say that they are out of luck. You have to have ID no way around it. You don't have any you don't get your ap. I used my ID card from high school with my photo on it. But if they don't have anything they maybe they should worry about becoming legal than getting an AP.

  3. #3

    • Hukuna Matata!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Phoenix Arizona
    Posts
    3,788

    Re: Question regarding So Cal residents without ID.

    I have asked but all I got from them was that you had to have a valid Drivers Liscense or Government Identification, I dont know maybe you will have better luck than I. Good Luck

  4. #4

    • no flash photography...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In my own little world..
    Posts
    13,287

    Re: Question regarding So Cal residents without ID.

    they are not here legally? wow, just wow....maybe if they want a pass so bad they should just get a deluxe.

  5. #5

    • Darkbeer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Tustin
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Question regarding So Cal residents without ID.

    FYI, College Students are legally a resident of where they permanently live, usually still their parent's address. They are in state temporarily to attend college, and legally not residents of the state they are going to school at, unless they spend the entire year in the state. (And even then, some students prefer to keep their resident at their "real" home for tax purposes).
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

  6. #6

    • no flash photography...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In my own little world..
    Posts
    13,287

    Re: Question regarding So Cal residents without ID.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    FYI, College Students are legally a resident of where they permanently live, usually still their parent's address. They are in state temporarily to attend college, and legally not residents of the state they are going to school at, unless they spend the entire year in the state. (And even then, some students prefer to keep their resident at their "real" home for tax purposes).
    That doesn't seem to be the case snce the OP states this:

    He and his family have lived in the L.A. area for over 4 years, however they are not here legally.

  7. #7

    • Disney Fan
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    186 Miles North of Disneyland
    Posts
    458

    Re: Question regarding So Cal residents without ID.

    I guess that is one of the perks to becoming a legal citizen or getting a valid visa.
    --Leslie ~See my photos on FLICKR ~

  8. #8

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    543

    Re: Question regarding So Cal residents without ID.

    A utility or cable bill with official ID will suffice. I live in LA but am not a resident and don't have California I'd. My out of state I'd combined with a DirecTV bill is all I need.

  9. #9

    • Fantasmic! Fanatic
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ventura County, California
    Posts
    598

    Re: Question regarding So Cal residents without ID.

    Quote Originally Posted by MAH4546 View Post
    A utility or cable bill with official ID will suffice. I live in LA but am not a resident and don't have California I'd. My out of state I'd combined with a DirecTV bill is all I need.
    But they don't have any ID. They technically shouldn't have any bills either....Like I said before this person/persons should worry about becoming a Legal United States of America citizen and the state of California Citizen before they have a desire for a Disneyland Annual Passport that would not have existed without our legal citizen Walt Disney...

  10. #10

    • Disney Fan
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    186 Miles North of Disneyland
    Posts
    458

    Re: Question regarding So Cal residents without ID.

    I could care less if they are citizens or not. But couldn't they at least get a valid Visa?
    --Leslie ~See my photos on FLICKR ~

  11. #11

    • gunslinger
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    81

    Re: Question regarding So Cal residents without ID.

    Wow prioritizing. But yeah, I think an ID is required to verify information, even if one pays in cash up front.
    "Shall there be truth between us, as two men? Not as friends, but as equals? There is an offer you will get rarely, Roland. Only equals speak the truth, that's my thought on it. Friends and lovers lie endlessly, caught in the web of regard. How tiresome!"
    -Walter O' Dim.

  12. #12

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    22,687

    Re: Question regarding So Cal residents without ID.

    The only way to get a SoCal ID is to live in SoCal with a proper ID.

    Your friends will need to get a Deluxe or Premium.






    * Also, MiceChat does not endorse any kind of "way around" the rules set in place by Disney and any posts describing how to get around these rules will be removed.

    Thanks


  13. #13

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3

    Re: Question regarding So Cal residents without ID.

    Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    The only way to get a SoCal ID is to live in SoCal with a proper ID.

    Your friends will need to get a Deluxe or Premium.

    * Also, MiceChat does not endorse any kind of "way around" the rules set in place by Disney and any posts describing how to get around these rules will be removed.

    Thanks
    Thanks for the information, but I'm not necessarily trying to find a way around this - I feel this is a valid question. And not sure if you all know this, but there are a ton of illegal immigrants living in California as well as in the rest of the United States, not as easy to get documentation as many of the posters comments seem to possibly be implying that it is. Yes, an annual pass shouldn't be a priority, but when you have kids that want to go, in the end a pass would save more money. There's lots of reasons why people decide to come here to try and provide a better life for themselves and their families, and several fears and reasons why they wouldn't try to reside here legally. I don't know if my relatives are considering doing things legally, I'm sure they've considered or would like to. For now they are simply wondering what other forms of documenations - if any, Disney would accept for a So. Cal pass. If a Deluxe or Premium would be less of a hassle, then I will pass along the information.

  14. #14

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    22,687

    Re: Question regarding So Cal residents without ID.

    A Deluxe or Premium will be their only options.

    They also will not be able to get on any of the payment plans without documentation as you have to be SoCal residents to have one of those as well.


  15. #15

    • Nerd
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Posts
    2,363

    Wink Re: Question regarding So Cal residents without ID.

    Quote Originally Posted by Picot76 View Post
    Thanks for the information, but I'm not necessarily trying to find a way around this - I feel this is a valid question. And not sure if you all know this, but there are a ton of illegal immigrants living in California as well as in the rest of the United States, not as easy to get documentation as many of the posters comments seem to possibly be implying that it is. Yes, an annual pass shouldn't be a priority, but when you have kids that want to go, in the end a pass would save more money. There's lots of reasons why people decide to come here to try and provide a better life for themselves and their families, and several fears and reasons why they wouldn't try to reside here legally. I don't know if my relatives are considering doing things legally, I'm sure they've considered or would like to. For now they are simply wondering what other forms of documenations - if any, Disney would accept for a So. Cal pass. If a Deluxe or Premium would be less of a hassle, then I will pass along the information.
    I talked to a person who works in the ticket booths and they say if they live in Socal and give a valid zip code they "should" sell them Southern Cal passes. (she would, anyway). They don't really need an ID or even a utility bill, but they will need to give them an address to enter into the database. Its not Disney's job to verify citizenship. They would obviously NOT be able to buy with a contract because then they would need ID. But hey, Cash is King anyway.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Fun] Calling All WDW Locals/FL Residents!!
    By SummerInFL in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-03-2008, 11:09 PM
  2. Residents of Duckburg
    By Disney Wrassler in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-23-2006, 02:32 PM
  3. Fullerton Residents
    By BFJen in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-30-2006, 10:28 PM
  4. For you Orlando Residents...
    By sum0p0ng in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-27-2006, 07:19 AM
  5. Special Promotion for HK residents
    By HongKongDisneyland in forum Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-07-2005, 12:58 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •