At a table in front of the French Quarter Market

Last nite - rides open well past closing?

Last nite DL was supposed to close at 8pm but at 8:40, when we had to leave, the ride lines were still open. (Normally I have to be dragged out of DL but dd has school today ). We got into a 15 min line for Indiana Jones at 8:25. I had heard a lot of people complaining about the awful heat and the crowds (wasn't that crowded but people from out of town thought it would be better). Is that why?

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Last nite - rides open well past closing?

There may have been a private party that night.

We have gotten lucky in the past when there has been a party and not too many people in the park. They will basically "Close" the park but let you stay in.

Sometimes they will make you leave, others they will let you stay. It probably depends on the size of the private party.

• See Ya Real Soon!

doesn't that suck for the people who paid the big $$ for a private party, for Disney to make the decision to allow public guests to remain?

• Former CM

I know that Disney has had some unannounced hour changes. Last night they decided to stay open till 9pm instead of 8. You could of easily missed the announcement if you were on an attraction unless it was the Train or Monorail were they did anounce it too.

• Huh?

Sometimes, seems to just depend on how long a certain ride wants to stay open -- at least it's that way at Magic Kingdom.

When I was there back in 2001 on the last night of the MSEP, as soon as the parade had gone behind the gates, we made our way through Caribbean Plaza to find PotC still letting a few more guests go way past the closing time -- all other rides were definately closed down and not taking anybody else. So, we went on that a couple of times before heading out for the day.
    -Tim

Due to high attendance, they extended the Park operating hours. No private party behind it.

• Minion

Well, actually several high capacity rides broke down for long periods of time. Somehow everyride I wanted to get on broke down right as I reached the queue...

HMH broke down because it needed a spring...

BTM was broke down for a few hours...

IASW broke down with me in it. Must have been at least half an hour...

Even Pooh broke down!

Matterhorn only had the right side running.

There were a LOT of people in the park, and with those high capacity rides broken down, they made every other line huge. Especially the Matterhorn line. It wrapped all the way around from the left side back to Fantasyland...

Rough day.

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by disneychrista
    doesn't that suck for the people who paid the big $$ for a private party, for Disney to make the decision to allow public guests to remain?
    Mix-ins are usually the decision of those holding the function... usually because they don't have enough folks attending themselves to warrent renting out the whole Park to themselves. Rather then limit the area that their function covers, they allow Disney to hold a mix-in instead.

Cheaper, I would assume, for the function planning. Most everyone leaves anyways and never notice that the Park was "still open" in an unofficial capacity.

• Artsy Fartsy

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Toast
    Mix-ins are usually the decision of those holding the function... usually because they don't have enough folks attending themselves to warrent renting out the whole Park to themselves. Rather then limit the area that their function covers, they allow Disney to hold a mix-in instead.

Cheaper, I would assume, for the function planning. Most everyone leaves anyways and never notice that the Park was "still open" in an unofficial capacity.

I wonder....... does any one know what it would cost to hold an event at DL?? I 'm assuming a whole lotta $$$$$$$. Just wondering though.

[IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m4v8ubq0103m8.png[/IMG]