Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Walk in Walt's Footstep's

We are taking the tour 2 monday's from now for the first time.
    I was hoping for some information and maybe a few tips from those who have been on it.

This one time on Friends . . .

• Senior Minion

Re: Walk im Walt's Footstep's

I'm going on it this morning, as a matter of fact; I'll let you know what I think afterwards.

That would be great. Ask if you can go to the bathroom in Club 33. I wonder if they will let you!

It is a fun and interesting tour. If you consider yourself pretty knowledgeable with your Disney/Disneyland history, you won't get too much new information but it is still definitely worth it.

Plus it is definitely fun to see some minor "backstage" areas! Have fun!

• Senior Minion

Re: Walk in Walt's Footstep's

You will love it. I did it back in March. It has some new information,some you may already know. There were a couple of surprises. I dont want to give away to much.
    Last edited by Alchimedes; 10-16-2005 at 07:08 PM.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Surprises that sounds fun!

• A Pirate's life for me!

We did it last June. It was fun and educating. We'll do it again next spring.

I agree. Wait until the Club 33 part then act like you need to go REAL bad!!!

Have a BLAST!

• Senior Minion

Well, I've gone, I've done it, and now I'm back.

The tour is pretty good. I think it works across a number of levels of interest, and if you get a good tour guide (we had Mary), it's enjoyable, and entertaining.

How much you learn, of course, is going to depend on how much of a Disney information store you have. Do you know what Walt's favorite sandwich is? Do you know why everyone used to stomp their feet to wake up Jose? The story behind the statues of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs? If you're one of those who lives on everything Walt ever said, did, or thought about, there may not be much new. Even still, however, the luncheon they serve in the Disney Gallery is extremely nice, and if the weather is good (as it was on Friday), it's even better.

In fact, I'd never considered doing the Fantasmic Buffet until I saw what the view was like.

They also have a special pin for the tour this year for the 50th; when Wolfy999 saw mine, she instantly said she had to have one.

Do be prepared for a lot of walking. There's some stops, but there are long sections where you'll be on your feet.

The tour works its way up Main Street, then goes to the Tiki Room (where they show you one of the original animatronics), then to the famed Club 33 lobby. You then take the train to Tomorrowland, and work your way from there to the hub to the Gallery.

Wonton thanks for the info. I am not a huge Disney know-it-all so I should find it very interesting and since it is only my husband 2nd trip to DL he will love it.
    I am excited and cannot wait to see the pin.
    All I can do now is wait and hope for a good tour guide.
    Thanks Again for the report!

• Photographer/Disney Lover

So how much for the tour?
    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." ~ Walt Disney

• Senior Minion

I think the regular price is about $49; I might have gotten a discount when I booked the package through AAA, but can't say for sure...

• Photographer/Disney Lover

Sounds like a hoot. I really want to see some of the things you have described on here. How long does it last? and when do they begin?
    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." ~ Walt Disney

• Senior Minion

When I did it, it was $49 dollars.$39 With a Disney AP or Disney Visa there are discounts(Im not sure how much off), also possibly AAA discount. I enjoyed it but as Wotan said be prepared for lots of walking and standing. Also I recieved the pin as well. My Tour actually ended at the Golden Horseshoe and I had Walt's favorite, Cornbread Chili. Im sure the menu has changed. I would love to tell you more but that would ruin the mystery and discovery. One thing interesting, is the slab of concrete foundation that is still there. I cant say anymore.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Senior Minion

The tour itself runs about 3-3½ hours; and give yourself time to enjoy lunch at the end. I think this one generally starts at 9 AM.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TicTocDragon
    One thing interesting, is the slab of concrete foundation that is still there. I cant say anymore.
    Yes, it still is! I liked that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast