View Poll Results: Welcome home starbucks?

Voters
382. You may not vote on this poll
  • LOVE starbucks! Can't wait for this!

203 53.14%
  • Hate it! Just more evidence that Main St is losing it's charm!

134 35.08%
  • How bout Seatle's Best, or another option. Anything is better than whats there now!

45 11.78%
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Starbucks on Main Street!

This is the Disney Gallery all over again. People are making extreme exaggerations even though no other information has been released! It could also end up like the Disney Gallery, a great addition to Main St!!

• living in the sprawl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 4Apples4Disney View Post
    I want to vomit. Nothing like losing the nostalgia of Main Street. Why not just rip Main Street apart and put in a new strip mall. Or better yet, put a giant Starbucks sign right on Main Street. I wouldn't have a problem if it was outside of the park, but Main Street?? Boo! BAD, BAD, BAD IDEA!!

(It's easy when your right about everything in life, at least that's what I tell my wife.)

Although I am right about this!
    You're not right. None of us are. We've heard it will be themed to fit Main St but we don't know anything else. Logos, cups, FRAPPUCINOS? None of that is confirmed.

• living in the sprawl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    This is the Disney Gallery all over again. People are making extreme exaggerations even though no other information has been released! It could also end up like the Disney Gallery, a great addition to Main St!!
    I'm with you on this one. I'm staying optimistic.

• Yeti Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by astrologic View Post
    Okay so then what do you propose Disney do about its complaints about the coffee?
    I think implying that adding a Starbucks is seemingly the only way Disney can go about improving the quality of the coffee in its theme parks is the sort of brand transparency Wiggins is talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    This board is about opinions, and the expression of them. I think criticizing an idea, even before it's executed in the park, is completely within bounds. However well executed a Starbucks is on Main Street, in the mind of many people on this board a brand like Starbucks will never have a welcome place in the park, just like an art gallery inside a bank. You don't have to agree with it, but you should get used to the idea that on this board there are fundamentally opposing opinions of what Disneyland should aspire to be.

• Senior Minion

Okay so then what do you propose Disney do about its complaints about the coffee?
    I propose that every TDA executive from Jay and George on down, should have to eat five lunches a week of the same Disneyland food that their customers eat, and drink the same coffee, tea and other beverages that their customers drink. The same hamburgers, the same turkey legs, the same churros, the same coffee -- the same entire menu, from every restaurant, food stand and ODV cart in Disneyland. They should have to fill out a quality control report after each meal, signed by the exec and countersigned by George.

TDA should make it a mandate of the job description, if not a point of professional pride, that if they expect their paying customers to consume the food and drink that Disneyland sells at the prices Disneyland charges, Disneyland management should eat and drink the same items every day they are at work, and sign off on it as Disneyland quality.

Cheap-crap coffee and cheap-crap hamburgers come from the same cheap-crap management philosophy, made possible in large part by an elite management class that distances itself from the reality of the business they are charged to manage, taking shelter in the comfort of improved cash flow curves on their spreadsheets and PowerPoint charts.

Close the distance between management's mouths and the food they sell, and you'll see how fast Disneyland's coffee improves.

Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 10-14-2009 at 07:44 PM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• living in the sprawl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Close the distance between management's mouths and the food they sell, and you'll see how fast Disneyland's coffee improves.
    I understand that, and I wish they really had to go through what you just said, but in the end the coffee would still have to be improved somehow, right? Most likely switching to a new brand. I feel like no matter what they switched to, some various form of uproar would take place.

• Seeker of Fun

I do have to say, I personally could take or leave Starbucks's. It's incredibly overpriced, and I always laugh when people I know are having financial struggles....but continue to buy their precious Starbucks at $5 a pop. Trendy. However, as has been pointed out, there has always been companies in the park. I just needed to vent a bit. It just needs to be done very carefully!

• living in the sprawl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 4Apples4Disney View Post
    I do have to say, I personally could take or leave Starbucks's. It's incredibly overpriced, and I always laugh when people I know are having financial struggles....but continue to buy their precious Starbucks at $5 a pop. Trendy. However, as has been pointed out, there has always been companies in the park. I just needed to vent a bit. It just needs to be done very carefully!
    Venting is understandable! As someone mentioned above, this board welcomes differing opinions.

• Seeker of Fun

Wink Re: Starbucks on Main Street!

You're not right. None of us are. We've heard it will be themed to fit Main St but we don't know anything else. Logos, cups, FRAPPUCINOS? None of that is confirmed.
    Of course I'm right..didn't you read my last post??

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

im in support of thios..only if they can make it looks like a old fashioned coffeehouse

• Senior Minion

I feel like no matter what they switched to, some various form of uproar would take place.
    I disagree. If I saw coffee listed on a Main Street restaurant menu with the notice "Coffee by Hills Bros." or "We proudly service Hills Bros. Coffee" (or Yuban or any other brand than Starbucks), I'd have no problem with it. The only coffee brand that would feel inappropriate to Main Street is Starbucks.

The reason, as has been repeated above ad nauseum, is that Starbucks is a MODERN LIFESTYLE BRAND that has super-saturated our society with BRANDED COFFEE STORES on every street corner and mall. It no more fits on Disneyland's Main Street than would McDonald's or Microsoft.

It is perfectly valid to say, "So? Starbucks on Main Street doesn't bother me." That's fine -- what is being argued against here is the contention that Starbucks on Disneyland's Main Street is the same thing as Hills Bros., Carnation, Sunkist or Coca-Cola.

Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 10-14-2009 at 09:21 PM.

- Neil Gabler

• Minion

There's a Niketown store coming to Tomorrowland?

Also, the point I was making earlier is no one complains about seeing Coca-Cola in the park, even though it's part of the "real world." Coke is part of our lives, yeah, but face it... Starbucks is too. And how come no one is like "OMG NESCAFE IN THE PARK"?
    Coca Cola on Main St. fits. It's a beverage that goes back to the turn of the century.

Starbuck is a part of our lives.....our lives in 2009.

Main St. is not meant to represent 2009. In fact, I don't think it really was meant to represent 1955.

They're going to do what they're going to do regardless. And in the end it really doesn't change or alter the rotation or orbit of our planet.

It's certainly worthy of debate on a Disney board though.

• living in the sprawl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    I disagree. If I saw coffee listed on a Main Street restaurant menu with the notice "Coffee by Hills Bros." or "We proudly service Hills Bros. Coffee" (or Yuban or any other brand than Starbucks), I'd have no problem with it. The only coffee brand that would feel inappropriate to Main Street is Starbucks.
    What about Dunkin' Donuts?

• Senior Minion

Agggghhh!

But outside of Disneyland... *drool*!!!

- Neil Gabler

• Genteel Amphibian

Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    I like Starbucks, but I really hope they stick with Disney cups. People walking down Main Street with Starbucks cups just doesn't seem right to me.
    It will be a Disney cup with a starbucks logo on it somwhere just like the Nescafe cups they have now.
    Other places you can find me:

Digg
    Steam

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 10-16-2009, 10:00 AM
  2. 10-14-2009, 05:20 PM