View Poll Results: Welcome home starbucks?

Voters
382. You may not vote on this poll
  • LOVE starbucks! Can't wait for this!

    203 53.14%
  • Hate it! Just more evidence that Main St is losing it's charm!

    134 35.08%
  • How bout Seatle's Best, or another option. Anything is better than whats there now!

    45 11.78%
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920 LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 297
  1. #241

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    1,166

    Re: Starbucks on Main Street!

    Ok, I think A LOT of Micechatters are confused here.

    Starbucks is NOT taking over the location. Disney will be simply SERVING Starbucks Coffee, not the frappuccino's..etc.

    Don't think that in a couple months your going to walk into the Market House and feel like you are at your local Starbucks, that is not the case.
    Jeff Wayne







  2. #242

    • HauntedOne999
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    San Pedro, CA
    Posts
    938

    Re: Starbucks on Main Street!

    Quote Originally Posted by Roo719 View Post
    Grant you, anything would be better than the swill they have now. This is one of the two criticisms I have of my home-away-from-home. However, I do love my Starbuck's, and I think these two companies have much in common.

    In addition, the fantastic tea-house they have in Animal Kingdom would also make a great addition to Adventureland. Then I can have my afternoon tea as well.

    peace,
    Roo

    oooooooooh i like the Tea house idea... Adventureland has many exotic locales depicted but nothing really asian... they should turn Aladdin's Oasis into a tea garden and then they can Mulan come out once in awhile for a meet and greet and show. or even bring in some of the unused elements coceptualized for the Chung King Restaurant of the Chinatown addition of Main Street back from the late 50's.
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

    "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

    Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

  3. #243

    • Yeti Enthusiast
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    553

    Re: Starbucks on Main Street!

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
    Ok, I think A LOT of Micechatters are confused here.

    Starbucks is NOT taking over the location. Disney will be simply SERVING Starbucks Coffee, not the frappuccino's..etc.

    Don't think that in a couple months your going to walk into the Market House and feel like you are at your local Starbucks, that is not the case.
    Until that proves to be the case, I don't think there's any reason not to have some unease and trepidation about a very modern and trendy brand moving in on Main Street.

    And even if their presence on Main Street is low-key, that doesn't magically add 80 or 90 years to Starbucks' history. The company wasn't even around when Disneyland first opened, much less the time period Main Street is supposed to represent.

  4. #244

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Paris, France / Los Angeles
    Posts
    38,886
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Starbucks on Main Street!

    I don't think Starbucks is being given the opportunity to sell any products. Disney is serving their coffee, that is all.

  5. #245

    • living in the sprawl
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    the University of Kansas
    Posts
    4,570
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Starbucks on Main Street!

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
    Ok, I think A LOT of Micechatters are confused here.

    Starbucks is NOT taking over the location. Disney will be simply SERVING Starbucks Coffee, not the frappuccino's..etc.

    Don't think that in a couple months your going to walk into the Market House and feel like you are at your local Starbucks, that is not the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by californiaadventurer View Post
    i don't think starbucks is being given the opportunity to sell any products. Disney is serving their coffee, that is all.
    THANK YOU. thank you thank you thank you.



  6. #246

    • Future Cast Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Wonderland
    Posts
    6,930

    Re: Starbucks on Main Street!

    I have to agree, give Starbucks a chance on Main Street. They aren't taking over the location like another area of main street,*coughmagicshopcough*, they're just serving their coffee at a location that's staying on Main Street.

  7. #247

    • See Ya Real Soon!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    499

    Re: Starbucks on Main Street!

    What is wrong with them serving Starbucks COFFEE on Main Street? It does not mean that the location is going to turn into a full blown Starbucks. And most likely this is going to be a licensing agreementjust like the Target and Albertsons locations.

  8. #248

    • Mouseketeer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    State of Insanity
    Posts
    438

    Re: Starbucks on Main Street!

    Could be a deal like at Barnes and Noble's cafes. Based on having worked there a few years ago their deal let the cafes:
    • serve Starbucks' coffee, espresso based, and frappuccino drinks
    • be worked by Barnes and Nobles employees (they did all their own training too)
    • use the pitiful B&N wages *grumble grumble*
    • set their own dress standards
    • use specially printed cups with both the B&N and Starbucks logos
    • have some seasonal drinks (no gingerbread when I was working there, but it was asked for a lot)
    • have a few different brews to choose from
    • sell Starbucks coffee beans
    • not sell Starbucks' bakery items
    • not accept Starbucks cards
    • not sell any Starbucks mechandise

    I think they used their own hot chocolate, chai, and teas. But I'm not sure since I never go to normal Starbucks. This all may not be up to date since I don't go to the B&N cafes at all anymore, either.
    "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing" -Walt Disney

  9. #249

    • Cars Land Rocks!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    4,633

    Re: Starbucks on Main Street!

    Quote Originally Posted by Semiquaver View Post
    Could be a deal like at Barnes and Noble's cafes. Based on having worked there a few years ago their deal let the cafes:
    • serve Starbucks' coffee, espresso based, and frappuccino drinks
    • be worked by Barnes and Nobles employees (they did all their own training too)
    • use the pitiful B&N wages *grumble grumble*
    • set their own dress standards
    • use specially printed cups with both the B&N and Starbucks logos
    • have some seasonal drinks (no gingerbread when I was working there, but it was asked for a lot)
    • have a few different brews to choose from
    • sell Starbucks coffee beans
    • not sell Starbucks' bakery items
    • not accept Starbucks cards
    • not sell any Starbucks mechandise

    I think they used their own hot chocolate, chai, and teas. But I'm not sure since I never go to normal Starbucks. This all may not be up to date since I don't go to the B&N cafes at all anymore, either.
    I'm not a Starbucks or coffee person myself, but I believe this is similar to how the one at Universal CityWalk operates. Though, I don't know about the bakery and other Starbucks merchandise.
    Last edited by OC2Epcot; 10-17-2009 at 09:23 PM.





  10. #250

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    8,890

    Re: Starbucks on Main Street!

    Barnes & Noble... Universal Citywalk... Starbucks...

    Sounds more like Mall Street, U.S.A. all the time.


    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

    - Neil Gabler


  11. #251

    • living in the sprawl
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    the University of Kansas
    Posts
    4,570
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Starbucks on Main Street!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Barnes & Noble... Universal Citywalk... Starbucks...

    Sounds more like Mall Street, U.S.A. all the time.

    I suppose it would... if we added a Barnes & Noble to Main Street?



  12. #252

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    8,138

    Re: Starbucks on Main Street!

    Quote Originally Posted by astrologic View Post
    I suppose it would... if we added a Barnes & Noble to Main Street?
    Not to mention if we demolished some exteriors, added a light canopy over the street, had the parade lights on constantly, and blared top-40 all day.

  13. #253

    • living in the sprawl
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    the University of Kansas
    Posts
    4,570
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Starbucks on Main Street!

    Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    Not to mention if we demolished some exteriors, added a light canopy over the street, had the parade lights on constantly, and blared top-40 all day.
    Yes! Top 40! I propose Main St become the new DTD!



  14. #254

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    1,166

    Re: Starbucks on Main Street!

    Quote Originally Posted by Matterhorn Boy View Post
    Until that proves to be the case, I don't think there's any reason not to have some unease and trepidation about a very modern and trendy brand moving in on Main Street.

    And even if their presence on Main Street is low-key, that doesn't magically add 80 or 90 years to Starbucks' history. The company wasn't even around when Disneyland first opened, much less the time period Main Street is supposed to represent.
    Are you serious? Because the company wasn't around 80-90 years ago doesn't make it appropriate for Disney to have that product available to guest on Main Street? Just because a company has been around for that long does not mean its the better one in the business. Plus if we went by that rule, I don't think we would see A LOT of things on Main Street that we do now.
    Jeff Wayne







  15. #255

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    8,138

    Re: Starbucks on Main Street!

    Quote Originally Posted by astrologic View Post
    Yes! Top 40! I propose Main St become the new DTD!
    Make sure we put up giant metallic spires that reach 20 or 30 feet in the air and then coat them in neon colors. Also... screw the light canopy. Let's build a gigantic dome over Main Street and then have LEDs embedded in it. It could be the Disney version of the Fremont Street Experience... we could call it the FreMOUSE Street Experience (people love that sort of thing!).

LinkBacks (?)

  1. 10-16-2009, 10:00 AM
  2. 10-14-2009, 05:20 PM

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Main Street
    By Skoolboiedd in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-10-2008, 10:41 PM
  2. Iger wins over Wall Street and Main Street - Marketwatch.com
    By OogieBoogie in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-07-2006, 09:36 AM
  3. Iger wins over Wall Street and Main Street - MarketWatch, 12/6/06
    By disneytim in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-05-2006, 09:38 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-13-2006, 02:29 PM
  5. Main Street, Not Disney, Main Street Electrical Parade
    By mp3piratesavvy in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 07-06-2005, 06:09 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •