View Poll Results: Welcome home starbucks?

Voters
382. You may not vote on this poll
  • LOVE starbucks! Can't wait for this!

203 53.14%
  • Hate it! Just more evidence that Main St is losing it's charm!

134 35.08%
  • How bout Seatle's Best, or another option. Anything is better than whats there now!

45 11.78%
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91617181920 LastLast

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Re: Starbucks on Main Street!

Yesterday I was walking in Fantasyland towards Main Street. I was walking toward the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and noticed the huge sign taking up a quarter of the field of vision. At the top was the Ronald McDonald of the BBB, aka Cinderella taking much of the sign. You cannot miss this sign. As it is big and bright.

And I thought to myself, how is this sign any different from the Starbucks logo?

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    And I thought to myself, how is this sign any different from the Starbucks logo?
    And Disneyland historians will note that mermaids are nothing new to the park...
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

I can't believe no one, well i haven't read through the entire thread, has thought about prices!!!

How much more are they going to charge over the regular price?!? Everyone willing to pay more for the same coffee that will be no doubt less outside the park?
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Cranky Dragon is Cranky

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    And Disneyland historians will note that mermaids are nothing new to the park...
    Ariel, the human world, it's filled with delicious Starbucks coffee!
    Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
    : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

• Yeti Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandtour View Post
    OK, off the top of my head:
    Hollywood Maxwell's Intimate Apperal
    Timex (the watch company didn't even use that name until the 1950s)
    Bank of America, comes out of the stock market crash of 1929 or 1930.

I'm sure there's more.
    I knew there would be some nitpicking of that statement.

Doing a little research, both of those companies have roots that date back to the turn of the century. While Timex was a contemporary name, the Waterbury clock company itself has been around since 1851. The Banks that merged to become Bank Of America started in 1874 and 1904. These weren't new companies.

The Bra store seems like a case of Walt appeasing a Los Angeles-based sponsor for some needed funding. The store was around for less than a year, and half of it was devoted to a display on "intimate apparel" of the period.

These minor violations (If you can even call them that) don't really justify the placement of Starbucks, a modern "branded lifestyle" corporation that is essentially the antithesis of the time period Main Street is meant to represent.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    I can't believe no one, well i haven't read through the entire thread, has thought about prices!!!

How much more are they going to charge over the regular price?!? Everyone willing to pay more for the same coffee that will be no doubt less outside the park?
    $10 for a short, $15 for a tall, $20 for a grande, $25 for a venti. Special Disney prices. Feel the magic. (The magic that makes your money disappear.)

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Matterhorn Boy View Post
    I knew there would be some nitpicking of that statement.

Doing a little research, both of those companies have roots that date back to the turn of the century. While Timex was a contemporary name, the Waterbury clock company itself has been around since 1851. The Banks that merged to become Bank Of America started in 1874 and 1904. These weren't new companies.

The Bra store seems like a case of Walt appeasing a Los Angeles-based sponsor for some needed funding. The store was around for less than a year, and half of it was devoted to a display on "intimate apparel" of the period.

These minor violations (If you can even call them that) don't really justify the placement of Starbucks, a modern "branded lifestyle" corporation that is essentially the antithesis of the time period Main Street is meant to represent.
    I can't say that I disagree. Hills Bros., Maxwell House, MJB, or Folger's would make sense in keeping the sponsorship and theming parallel. Starbucks wouldn't. It wouldn't be quite like putting an Apple Store on Main Street, but perhaps Disney could persuade Starbucks to come up with some sort of special new brand that evokes the time period and yet isn't "Starbucks," although it would be owned by them (like Seattle's Best Coffee, which they own).

See, the issue isn't the company, but the brand. Who owns what brand, and what brands existed at the turn of the 20th century that are still around?

Massimo Zanetti Beverage USA owns the Chase & Sanborn, Chock Full O' Nuts, Hills Bros., and MJB brands. It might be a good idea for Disney to broker a deal with them so they can bring back the Hills Bros. brand in a nice way.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Joshnyah View Post
    Yeah and they were mistakes, How many are still standing?
    Those may not be, but, Dole is! So is Coke! (Coke Corner, etc.) They even have Coca Cola stained glass lamps in there, on the ceiling. That's pretty much a HUGE corporation.

• Stop That!

Quote Originally Posted by saphron37 View Post
    Being a teacher I get bombarded by starbucks gift cards around the holidays and would probably be more pro "starbucks in the parks" if I am able to use the gift cards.
    Actually, that's one thing you probably won't be able to do. I don't believe the Starbucks inside the Universal Orlando park accepts Starbucks Cards; same with the Barnes & Noble Cafes. I guess it might depend on whether Starbucks itself is running the joint...

• Wilderness Explorer

Disneyland has some of the best food around in my opinion. Yes it's expensive, but it's delicious. I feel like almost everything I get there is top notch... except Disneyland coffee. Can't stand the stuff, the coffee itself is flavorless, and they add way too much sweetener to balance it out.
    I had a Pumpkin Spice Latte the other day (and was really looking forward to it because I LOVE them elsewhere), and it was disgusting. I was disappointed.
    A Starbucks would be an Awesomely-welcome improvement over regular Disneyland coffee in my book.

• See Ya Real Soon!

I see the prices being on par with the Starbucks in Hotels & Airports.

I am so giddy about this! I want to be on the Star team for training cast members!!! Pick meeeeeee Howard Schultz!!! I work at 4964 Departure Bay Ferry Terminal!!! LOL I was SO proud when I found this news out,to be affiliated with Disneyland,my favorite place in the world is soooo awesome. I think it is a smart move for Starbucks,which seems to be vilified these days even though they employ so many people and provide amazing benefits. If it wasn't for Starbucks I wouldn't have my medication that currently costs 400.00$. I can't wait to order my first Starbucks coffee. Or should I say double tall half sweet no whip easy foam mocha And I'm still holding onto the hope of being on the Star Team. Starting my letters to head office...

• Local

Not a fan of Starbucks... will only drink it if that is all that is around. Hills Brothers is quite good for coffee. Or Diedritchs! That would be very good.

But ultimately I don't care about brand, just as long as it tastes good. Some here are saying NesCafe is being served in the park? Is that not an "instant" coffee. I was in the Market House a couple days ago, and was told they brew the Disney branded coffee that they sell cans of in the shops. (I realize that this is provided by some other vendor)

But anyway, if the coffee tastes good (not burnt like Starbucks), and Market House continues to do the free refills, then I am ok.

• Sock Puppet

So this whole thread was for not???

Rumors... Gotta love 'em!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BoogaFrito View Post
    Actually, that's one thing you probably won't be able to do. I don't believe the Starbucks inside the Universal Orlando park accepts Starbucks Cards; same with the Barnes & Noble Cafes. I guess it might depend on whether Starbucks itself is running the joint...
    You can't use them at the Starbucks inside supermarkets either. The people working those are the store's employees, and not Starbucks. If they were to come into DL, I would think it would be the same situation there.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91617181920 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 10-16-2009, 10:00 AM
  2. 10-14-2009, 05:20 PM