Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: Should the Disney hotels give away WOC viewing passes to their guests?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSkyDriveBy View Post
    No problem. I'm glad others are thinking about this and posting. Hopefully, this idea will also blossom in TDA, where it can be made a reality.

Giving DLR hotel guests at least one show pass for WoC upon check-in would be a great selling point for the vacation packages. I typically stay off property when I visit the parks, but this one perk would definitely entice me to stay on property for a change. I wouldn't have to camp out hours before the show, nor stand in line at the main entrance hours before opening in order to guarantee a show pass from the old Tough to be a Bug FP machines.

I'm also hoping that dinner packages will be offered with WoC show passes as well. Napa, Storyteller's, just about any table service restaurant in DCA and GCH would be great, with different price points depending upon the restaurant. Everyone I know would definitely reserve these packages to enjoy a terrific night in the park, without having to spend several hours guaranteeing a decent seat for WoC, not to mention braving the dinner crowds before the show.
    Ariel's Grotto better make money off this, the show is directly in front of their tables.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    ^I like it!
    Or they could just dispense Showpasses at the hotels' front desks for hotel guests, for that day's show.

I like the idea of guests at Disney hotels getting that extra perk. There is no reason to add any of the other good neighbor hotels. Disney hotel guests pay a premium to stay their and it makes good sense to give them that option.

I am sure Disney could set up a system that allows them to give out a certain percentage of tickets per day for the guests.

another thing that might work is adding a fastpass system inside the hotel. Hotel guests could have the option of getting a ticket without the extra hassle of waiting in line at the park along with a few thousand annual passholders.

I remember disney consider the idea of a virtual fastpass system for hotel guests. I wonder if that could also be an option

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    On nights when you only have 1 show... what do you do? Do you stuff it full of hotel guests or do you encourage everyone to get their tickets and then get there early?
    Simple... you give out one ticket per stay, or some low amount. You don't have to give every hotel guest a ticket to every show. You can't do it. So you distribute the load. If I'm there Fri-Sun, I get a ticket for either Fri or Sat shows. You could even make it so you have to be there a certain number of days, so 3 days or more.

The point is that it's a PERK you offer, not that it's some new god given right. You get what you are offered in return for a certain commitment up front. Stay for 3 days, at checkin you can get issued a pass good for one certain showing.

Or to better simplify the backend... instead of guaranteeing a pass, simply give Hotel Guests their own allotment of Showpass capacity. At the hotels, guests are either given a pass they can use for any time during their stay to exchange for a Showpass from the specific hotel allotment... or make it a First Come, First Serve to the specific Hotel allotment of Showpasses. This model would negate the need for check-in to 'issue' you a show. The guests pick which shows they want to try to goto, and if they can't or it's sold out, they try again the next time.

If the hotel allotment is not consumed, the capacity rolls over to general access past a certain time (say noon).

The point is to offer a perk.. either preferred access or garunteed access. Preferred access is way more flexible to cope with consumer variations.

We can dream up all kinds of models with various improvements. It's all just a matter of if Disney WANTS to do it, and what are their end-goals. I think they NEED to be doing these things if they ever really want to fill those hotel rooms and beat out the off-site competition.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12