I had not been to DLR in two years. I just got back from a wonderful visit. It was my husbandís first time at he enjoyed it greatly. He canít wait for our next trip. I am glad he turned into a big fan like meÖI would have hated our marriage to be in jeopardy due to conflicting Disneyland opinions. I am going to try to figure out how to do a Trip Report with pictures but until then, my top 10 list will have to do. Although I have been to the parks a gazillion times (this past two year dry spell being my longest ever time away from the parks) things were a bit different this time because of the awesomeness that is Micechat. Sorry I donít have names, but a big thank you to all of those who brought things to my attention that really made my trip great.
Top 10 things that I learned on Micechat that made my recent trip to DLR great!
10) The Happiest Haunts Tour: I have never taken the time or paid money for a tour at DLR. This was such a fun tour. Andrew, one of our guides, was so sarcastic and made the tour a blast. We laughed so much. The partially obstructed fireworks viewing area was not perfect but when I leaned my head just soÖit was a good enough view for me. Great treat and keepsake included too. Not something I would do every visit, but it was a really nice treat.
9) Free Locker at Grizzly Rapids: I had no idea this was there. In fact, once thereÖ I still had to ask a CM where it was! I brought along dollar store ponchos and had everyone put stuff in the lockers. My group thought I was a genius. (sorry, I took all the credit). It was so nice not worrying about the camera and purse getting wet.
8) Hidden Mickeys: I had heard of these and knew a few but after hanging out here since March, I was much more prepared to look and find the Hidden Mickeys. I think I am going to pick up the book for the next visit so I can look more in depth next time.
7) Carnation Cafťís loaded baked potato soup: $5.99 (and an AP discount) for a bowl of delicious soup and a roll. I made a dinner reservation on Saturday morning. It was nice to sit down after a long day and be served and it was real food, rather than fried or fast. And this soup was so very yummy!
6) Fantasmic!: Ok, so I had never actually seen DLR Fantasmic!. I saw a show in Florida years ago that I think was similar but had never taken the time to see this show. We did not get there very early and ended up seeing it from the side but it was still a lot of fun and really cool to watch. And Murphy was great. I am glad that I took time out to watch Fantasmic!
5) Rides are not always the priority: Rushing from ride to ride makes a day seem hectic and crazy. I read trip reports here that include pictures with characters. We took the time to meet Alice and the Mad Hatter. We waited in line for Goofy in his skeleton costume because my 36 year old husband had to get a picture with him. The rides were not the most important thing all the time and it was really fun and nice. The park was richer and had more depth. It was fun being giggly and excited to see characters. I am glad that we included this aspect of the park in our trip.
4) Pins: We had so much fun trading pins. I big thank you for those in the pin trading section who taught me about Hidden Mickey pins and what to look for. I know we are still amateurs but we had a lot of fun.
3) Photo Pass: I always get the Photo Pass and get suckered into buying the CD and pictures. But I learned a couple of things here. First, I had the CM take pictures with my camera too every time and did not feel bad about it. Second, I did not even look at the pictures at the resort. You guys taught me that I can do it online up to 30 days after. So I did not even view the photo pass there. No messing with the crazy lines or feeling pressure to buy right then and there.
2) Big Thunder Mountain Railroad at night: I love this ride. It is usually one of the first I hit when I go. But I took someoneís advice and made sure to ride it at night. It is a totally different ride in the dark! It is so freakiní awesome. I loved it at night. It is now a must for me to do after the sun sets. It was really cool.
1) Bengal BBQ bacon wrapped asparagus: Another place I had never eaten at. The food here is great. Yummy grilled offerings and that asparagus is out of this world! I could eat that asparagus for every meal. How did I miss that all these years? So very delicious.
So here are 10 reasons that my recent trip was better because of Micechat. Thank you all!