Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: Bigger Parking Structure ... How are they going to get people across Harbor?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    Yep, the hotels add another aspect to the in-resort transportation needs for sure. I agree that people usually head to their hotels, but if you could arrive via HSR conveniently check right into any of the DLR hotels, drop your bags, and start enjoying the resort area immediately, I think that would be great. You may not be heading to the park that day, but you can go get dinner in DTD or do a little shopping that day you arrive and it would be so much more convenient then having to get on a shuttle and go to your individual hotel and check in.
    Disney's Magical Express from the ARTIC Complex to DLH, PPH, GCH and Garden Walk ?

• Senior Minion

Re: Bigger Parking Structure ... How are they going to get people across Harbor?

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Disney's Magical Express from the ARTIC Complex to DLH, PPH, GCH and Garden Walk ?
    That could be an option that Disney looks at, although that would seem to undermine the Fixed Guideway somewhat and add a lot of bus traffic to the city streets which I think the city would like to avoid.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    That could be an option that Disney looks at, although that would seem to undermine the Fixed Guideway somewhat and add a lot of bus traffic to the city streets which I think the city would like to avoid.
    NEAR TERM: ARTIC center opens without the CA high speed rail, just Amtrak and bus service. Arriving here or needing the AFG (Anaheim Fixed Guideway aka the People Mover or possible New Monorail line) would probably not yet be an option for people coming from far away or with luggage for an extended stay.

MIDTERM: The CA HSR starter line from Los Angeles to Anaheim opens, and anyone from the MTA's Red, Purple, Gold, Expo, Blue, Green or Gold lines can transfer to HSR at Union Station. Lots of day tripping Los Angeles people can leave their cars behind and come via train, transfering to AFG.

LONG TERM: CA High Speed Rail and CA-NV High Speed Rail allows bullet train travel from Sacramento, San Francisco, Las Vegas, San Diego to Anaheim. This is when you have a lot of vacationers arriving through ARTIC and it would be good to have the infrastructure in place and experience moving big groups of people into and out of the resort.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

I share Walt's enthusiasm for keeping people moving, and this is why I want to be a transportation engineer at Disneyland. If only they hired Canadians more often...

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Disney hires Canadians. Don't let that get in your way, get the education you need and apply!

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Walt Disney would have LOVED this challenge. Dust off his old EPCOT drawings.

Maybe this is the natural progression of the transportation systems he developed for the park in the 60s coming to practical use, ironically enough, in getting millions of people into, around and back out of - Disneyland.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Disney hires Canadians. Don't let that get in your way, get the education you need and apply!
    Haha, Ironically I should be studying right now for a first year engineering midterm, but I'm on Micechat instead....

I will apply, and I will give it my all, but what I'm refering to is the college programs and internships. There both for American students only.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213