Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: Bigger Parking Structure ... How are they going to get people across Harbor?

Those slingshot / catapult ideas overshot the box.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Re: Bigger Parking Structure ... How are they going to get people across Harbor?

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Those slingshot / catapult ideas overshot the box.
    Ok, ok, how about zip lines?
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Sock Puppet

bring back the skyway lol

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Don't you all know you can put an eye out with a slingshot?

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by DLLocal View Post
    bring back the skyway lol
    In all seriousness that's not a bad idea.

Portland Aerial Tram - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Can Only Wish For More!

Why not a peoplemover system linking the Mickey & Friends, the Paradise Pier lot, Convention Center lot, Buzz/Strawberry Field, Pumba, and Harbor entrance?

The city could even market the whole thing as a tourist attraction and it would help with getting people from parking to the parks/convention center! The DLR and the Center can actually expand all their parking areas by sharing every single spot!
    Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
    - March 1, 2006

She screamed, cried, and laughed...
    - me too!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Ok, ok, how about zip lines?
    FUN! I could probably use the monkeybars, too, though.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    In all seriousness that's not a bad idea.
    Skyway to Pumbaa ? ? ? Can we rename the garage?

Portland Aerial Tram - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think it's too long a distance to suspend guests on cables.

Quote Originally Posted by WannaCub View Post
    Why not a peoplemover system linking the Mickey & Friends, the Paradise Pier lot, Convention Center lot, Buzz/Strawberry Field, Pumba, and Harbor entrance?

The city could even market the whole thing as a tourist attraction and it would help with getting people from parking to the parks/convention center! The DLR and the Center can actually expand all their parking areas by sharing every single spot!
    Also a good idea.

• Member; Mousketeer

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    One thing that desperately needs to be considered by the city of Anaheim and Disney is to build elevated crossing points along a couple major streets.
    Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    I've often thought this. Usually when I'm in Vegas. Those elevated crossing points are genius.
    Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    I think a big portion of it is what the city will allow them to get away with. The bridges in Vegas, etc are all good examples of what can be done to solve the issue.
    The idea to utilize pedestrian overpasses will
    be one Disney more likely attempt to pursue first.

The overpasses do make a difference.
    Especially when there are large masses of crowds i.e. Las Vegas.

However the bridges have to be observed and maintained.

The elevators and escalators often break down
    causing foot traffic backup and the structures suffer from
    vandalism such as graffiti on the walls.

Other than that, the overpasses do their job well.

• Senior Monorail Minion

Not sure, but we have a big mouse in town ;)

My guess is we will see an underground tunnel for a tram and walking route, as shown below:

This tunnel will have a two directional tram path as well as a walkway for those who do not want to ride. Both will end up in the Esplenade. The tunnell is very small, and only goes under Harbor and goes right back up on either side.

On my picture, the Red represent the old tram route, no longer getting any real use. The blue shows the new route, using pieces of the old route. The purple indicates a walking path, while the grren shows the new tram load area.
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

• We Go On.

Peoplemover, definitely. Just make it a little more like a transportation system than an attraction, and have it go at higher speeds. While we're at it, let's replace the Mickey and Friends tram with this!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

I think what will happen, a bridge that starts at the thrid level of the new Pumbaa Parking Structure that goes west, over what is now the pathway used for Pumbaa.

It crosses the street at the elevated height, and then makes a 90 degree turn to the North. Then a ADA accessable ramp that goes from the bridge and ends near the current Parking Entrance. No need for extra elevators, just a long ramp that will allow folks to avoid stairs and wheelchairs can easily access. Once they get to the parking structure, they can take advantage of the elevators and escalators already built into the structure.

Also, if the bridge remains "Disney" property, you wouldn't have to worry about folks trying to sell you things, and hand you flyers, etc.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Returning to DL 2/29

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Al mentioned this briefly with respect to the high speed rail center DLR connection.

I've often thought this. Usually when I'm in Vegas. Those elevated crossing points are genius.
    When I went to Excalibur getting to luxor was a snap with the elevated flatways (moving sidewalks) <<<dont know what there called but I loved it because it is fast and easy to get across
    I'm back and now what!

followme on Twiiter @hurricanefreak

• Returning to DL 2/29

Quote Originally Posted by Eric5675 View Post
    My guess is we will see an underground tunnel for a tram and walking route, as shown below:

This tunnel will have a two directional tram path as well as a walkway for those who do not want to ride. Both will end up in the Esplenade. The tunnell is very small, and only goes under Harbor and goes right back up on either side.

On my picture, the Red represent the old tram route, no longer getting any real use. The blue shows the new route, using pieces of the old route. The purple indicates a walking path, while the grren shows the new tram load area.
    Lets the ideas begin
    I'm back and now what!

followme on Twiiter @hurricanefreak

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    • PeopleMover. An automated system to get people from the parking structure to the entry plaza. While your at it, do the same thing for M&F as well. Have the Peoplemover be for regular guests without strollers/wheelchairs and have shuttle for wheelchair guests/people with strollers
    I assume you mean WEDway PeopleMover. I see no reason why these could not be utilized by wheelchairs or strollers. It would just required larger vehicles than used in the parks and making the platform level with the interior of the car.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast