Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Disneyland Improvement?

So I wasn't sure what to put in the title but I guess that's the overall theme. Disneyland is an awesome park and it just seems to keep getting better. It's like the Godzilla of all the theme parks. (Though it's size doesn't reflect that) Now I am aware that there are many here that disagree with the Pixar influx and major ride replacements, like pooh and Tarzan, but personally I think that these changes are in the best interest of Disneyland. I think it's good that older less identifiable attractions like these have been replaced with more recent film themes. That being said and with the interest of Walt's idea of a constantly changing park what do you think should be "improved" next? (Please no "I would bring back..." posts) Whether it be a restaurant, attraction, or show what would you add, or replace? What Films and Disney related themes have been underused or overlooked?

Personally I think that Marry Poppins is one of the most identifiable themes that aren’t used in the least. I would love to see the Carnations Plaza changed into a restaurant/rest area themed to "A Jolly Holiday with Mary". There could be a meet and great and it would be a great use of space.
    Last edited by Dirton; 10-14-2005 at 09:36 AM.

• Still lost in Neverland

Re: Disneyland Improvement?

The addition of Pixar rides, and Tarzan's Treehous, Indy, Star Tours and the rest, don't bother me at all. It adds to the variety of things to do. Lets face it here, with all the complaints about too much cartoon stuff coming into Disneyland, what else is there. The most successfull of Disney movies are the animated features. I can't think of any live action movie, other than those like Marry Poppins (I think that is a great idea by the way), Song of the South and 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea. Would I really want a ride based on Herbie, The Monkey's Uncle, The Shaggy Dog, Tron (well maybe a high speed ride, but that was already tired in Tomorrowland and it failed), The Black Hole? No, I think notl. If outside people like Pixar, Lucas and Speilberg are producing far better live action or in Pixar's case CGI movies, then why not do something at Disneyland? I have no problems with that at all. In fact, now that The Disney Channel is showing the Harry Potter Movies all the time, I would love to see something like a Diagon Alley recreated at Disneyland. It could be in back of Main Street on the East side where they were planning to put Edison Square many years ago.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• In Technicolor!

I've always wondered why there isn't more Mary in Disneyland.

How about a Mary Poppins show as the replacement for "hiatused" Snow White show at the Fantasyland Theater?

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Mary Poppin's is open on broadway in london, and opening soon in New York, disneyland won't get it for quite some time.... I'd love to see a Beauty and the beast dark ride!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Minion

You know going into a black hole would not be bad for a new Tomorrowland ride, except for there is already a space ride.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Evan-500
    Mary Poppin's is open on broadway in london, and opening soon in New York, disneyland won't get it for quite some time.... I'd love to see a Beauty and the beast dark ride!
    Way to be creative! Where would you put it and how would it be done?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I think the burning village in POTC needs to be updated. All the fire should now be digital images, the heat should be cranked up a bit so you can actually feel as if you are in a burning village, and maybey you should be able to smell burning wood.

• Northwest Disneyphile

I would like to see a ride based on the most successful Disney film in recent memory. That’s right I’m talking about “Pirates of the Caribbean”. It would be a lot of fun.

This is a joke
    Broadway Duchess, Darling if you only knew half as much as everybody thinks you do

• Koubu Pilot

If some kind of attraction were made for Mary Poppins, where would it fit best? Fantasyland is ideal because Mary Poppins is pure fantasy. Main St., while looking like turn of the century America, still has Victorian themed architecture (like the Plaza Inn).

• Tom Chaney R.I. P.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirton
    So I wasn't sure what to put in the title but I guess that's the overall theme. Disneyland is an awesome park and it just seems to keep getting better. It's like the Godzilla of all the theme parks. (Though it's size doesn't reflect that) Now I am aware that there are many here that disagree with the Pixar influx and major ride replacements, like pooh and Tarzan, but personally I think that these changes are in the best interest of Disneyland. I think it's good that older less identifiable attractions like these have been replaced with more recent film themes. That being said and with the interest of Walt's idea of a constantly changing park what do you think should be "improved" next? (Please no "I would bring back..." posts) Whether it be a restaurant, attraction, or show what would you add, or replace? What Films and Disney related themes have been underused or overlooked?

Personally I think that Marry Poppins is one of the most identifiable themes that aren’t used in the least. I would love to see the Carnations Plaza changed into a restaurant/rest area themed to "A Jolly Holiday with Mary". There could be a meet and great and it would be a great use of space.

What I would like to see is a old style wooden rollercoaster, something along the line the Giant Dipper at Santa Cruz. i know that is the look they were after with CS, but just not the feel

Actually, I think a dark ride based on "101 Dalamations" would be fun. Cruella is such a great villianess and the chase scene would lend itself to the theme.
    You could start as part of the twilight bark brigade and ride thru the mansion, then onto the way back to London with Cruella and her henchman chasing you all the way thru.
    The only negative aspect would be the two London-based darkrides, Mr. Toad and Peter Pan already there. Still, it would be an opportunity to utilize one of the better-loved movies that hardly gets any recognition in the parks.
    "I'll be in my bunk...."

• ROFLCOPTER

I would add "China Town" and "Liberty Street" to Main Street, USA. Also a Alein Incounter meets Tower of Terror type ride would go where Inovenntions is.
    Go Bengals.

WDW>DL

I would love to have a "Davey Crockett" shooting Gallery. Take the Existing shooting gallery and put a ride there. Take the tech from Buzz Lightyear, and theme it Western. You get on a stagecoach and armed with your rifle, you go through the wild fronteer. Instead of getting points, your "hits" cause things to happen like in the shooting gallery.

Put Mike Fink on a Keel Boat every now and then, and with the small cannon firing blanks, you could do a show of Mike Fink taking on the River Pirates.

Bring out the Wild West Ledgends and use Fronteerland... Let everyone enjoy the wild west!

• Banned User

WOW! ^^^^ Now that idea I like !!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Off the cuff here, replace Innoventions with a Space Station type show. I'm not sure what would work, but since you already have a building that revolves, they could come up with some visual system to have a show about space exploration/education. Disney was good at making immersive type show experiences (i.e. CircleVision.)
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast