Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

Lightbulb Possable theme change to Monsters Inc. in DCA.

I going to pretend that Disney has anounced that Hollywood Pictures Backlot is going to become Hollywoodland.

Anyway, this is only for the outdoor exterior of the buliding.The current exterior(the one with many doors and pretending it's a movie set) is changed to that of Union Station(the one from LA and not pretending to be a movie set.) The entrance has little details(like some eyes and some doors.) when we enter, we see that the lights look like the ones inside the real Union Station from LA(execpt, the lights look like they have claws on them.) We go though the queue(again the queue would lead up to the automatic doors and look like the interior of Union Station from LA.), we see posters and ads about how the many different offerings in Monstropolis. then we enter the automatic doors and the rest of the ride is the same...

...After exiting the attraction, we again see the interior of Union Station and exit in the open air of HWL.

Your thoughts on my idea please. ( if this Idea was said by a different poster. Sorry, I kind of thought it up for this attraction.) Also, I am ok if this Idea does not work.

Timekeeper.

• Minion

Re: Possable theme change to Monsters Inc. in DCA.

Ummmmmm...... I don't think it would work. If a Union Station exterior were to be used, it would look much better on Buena Vista Street. Also, there is no unity between Union Station and Monstropolis. I was a great thought, just I don't think it could be executed properly without some major changes.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    Ummmmmm...... I don't think it would work. If a Union Station exterior were to be used, it would look much better on Buena Vista Street. Also, there is no unity between Union Station and Monstropolis. I was a great thought, just I don't think it could be executed properly without some major changes.
    Ok, I kind of see your point(it might not transtion well.)

Timekeeper.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Timekeeper View Post
    Ok, I kind of see your point(it might not transtion well.)

Timekeeper.
    Yeah that is what I meant. It would be very hard to transition a 1930s LA Union Station to a modern day taxi company in Monstropolis.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Wink Re: Possable theme change to Monsters Inc. in DCA.

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    Yeah that is what I meant. It would be very hard to transition a 1930s LA Union Station to a modern day taxi company in Monstropolis.
    yeah, unless...hmmm, if the modern taxi company was turned in to a 1930's taxi company?(was there any taxi's in 1930's LA?) also, they could use a door in 1930's LA Union Station.

Timekeeper.

• All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Timekeeper View Post
    I going to pretend that Disney has anounced that Hollywood Pictures Backlot is going to become Hollywoodland.

Anyway, this is only for the outdoor exterior of the buliding.The current exterior(the one with many doors and pretending it's a movie set) is changed to that of Union Station(the one from LA and not pretending to be a movie set.) The entrance has little details(like some eyes and some doors.) when we enter, we see that the lights look like the ones inside the real Union Station from LA(execpt, the lights look like they have claws on them.) We go though the queue(again the queue would lead up to the automatic doors and look like the interior of Union Station from LA.), we see posters and ads about how the many different offerings in Monstropolis. then we enter the automatic doors and the rest of the ride is the same...

...After exiting the attraction, we again see the interior of Union Station and exit in the open air of HWL.

Your thoughts on my idea please. ( if this Idea was said by a different poster. Sorry, I kind of thought it up for this attraction.) Also, I am ok if this Idea does not work.

Timekeeper.

This idea has potential - I like the idea of an art deco transportation center for a facade. What if the queue were rethemed to a taxi company offering service to Monstropolis? Then when you board your vehicle, the ride starts out like Hollywood, until you pass through a door... this really is the only way I could see this attraction being justified thematically. I'm personally hoping for a change of attraction.

Nope not gonna happen because of course they're putting in that wonderful trackless GMR.....

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

my idea is just to scrap the ride and put something that is worth going over to DCA for.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• We Go On.

Retheming Monsters Inc to Monsters Inc in Union Station isn't worth it. I say go with DLFreak71's plan.

The title of this thread is very misleading... you might consider naming threads like these with the addition of the word "idea" in them.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by WDITrent View Post
    Retheming Monsters Inc to Monsters Inc in Union Station isn't worth it. I say go with DLFreak71's plan.

The title of this thread is very misleading... you might consider naming threads like these with the addition of the word "idea" in them.
    Thanks!

I don't think the ride concept is terrible (not great)
    But we know what the Disney company can do.
    If a ride built in the 60's is far superior to what was built in 2006
    then Houston, we have a problem.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Banned User

I have a better idea, demolition.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    I have a better idea:

what myself and WDITrent suggested (minus the picture)
    Quote by Al:
    -Al Lutz

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

I demand the return of SuperStar Limo

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Quote Originally Posted by WDITrent View Post

Ok, I will remember that for next time.

Timekeeper.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Sosai X View Post
    I demand the return of SuperStar Limo
    Did you ever ride it?
    It was past stupid.
    It's not often you can say you walked out on a ride
    but luckily (my first ride) it broke down and we were able to be spared and walk out half way through.
    Quote by Al:
    -Al Lutz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast