Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• the liza minnelli of MC

Re: Is There A Point Where the "Hassle" of Visiting the DLR Makes You Not Want To Go?

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Reason # 6,987 that the AP program should be eliminated......people are starting to see the place as a "hassle".

Does Disney really want their brand associated with such a negative word?
    heyheyhey!

i LOVE my AP, and my face is never bovvered!

• Rock Star Minion

Re: Is There A Point Where the "Hassle" of Visiting the DLR Makes You Not Want To Go?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    It would help if they had another entry gate, close to the Mickey and Friends parking structure. You would enter the park at Critter Country, but so what. And another gate at Tomorrowland if they do build that parking structure on the other side of Harbor. Anything to reduce crowding and waiting at the main gate.
    Or -- now hear me out, this might be stupid but I just want to put it out there -- they could build a parking lot just south of the main gate!
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by skipper View Post
    heyheyhey!

i LOVE my AP..
    And I love my cat.....but I wouldn't want 850,000 of them wandering around my neighborhood
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Is there any way of discussing this without pointing fingers at one certain group of Disneyland lovers or another? I was hoping so.

Maybe some fingers need to be pointed to Disney management and tda for decisions that have been made to improve their bottom line, but reduce the quality of the guest experience.
    Last edited by Radiobarry; 10-16-2009 at 01:52 PM. Reason: fix typo
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Is there any way of discussing this without pointing fingers at one certain group of Disneyland lovers or another? I was hoping so.

Maybe some fingers need to be pointed to Disney management and tda fpr decisions that have been made to improve their bottom line, but reduce the quality of the guest experience.
    Who implemented the AP program?
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    It's all about the parking.

Related to this....it's all about getting BACK to the parking. When you're exhausted and you're mashed into a sea of humanity trying to "politely" get on the next tram....to me, that's the biggest hassle of all. Much worse than waiting for the tram on the way in. On more than one occassion, we've waited for upwards of four or five trams. It may only be 15 or 20 minutes, but when you are that tired, it's a frigging eternity.

And 45 minute lines are not my thing either, so generally we try to hit the park when it is not crowded.

OH...FYI for anyone who is interested, I'll keep saying this until I am blue in the face. The gate off of Magic Way (Heading into DTD) RARELY has a large line. Last Saturday at 10 AM we were the ONLY car going in that way to Mickey and Friends.

Just sayin.

• Down Pluto!

To answer the OP's original question...

OH HELL NO!

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Who implemented the AP program?
    That's my point, but again I didn't want to make the discussion solely about that. But MC'ers will take this thread in whichever direction they will.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Hukuna Matata!

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Josh: That was just a joke. I was just joshn' ya .
    Nice

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post
    Related to this....it's all about getting BACK to the parking. When you're exhausted and you're mashed into a sea of humanity trying to "politely" get on the next tram....to me, that's the biggest hassle of all. Much worse than waiting for the tram on the way in. On more than one occassion, we've waited for upwards of four or five trams. It may only be 15 or 20 minutes, but when you are that tired, it's a frigging eternity.

And 45 minute lines are not my thing either, so generally we try to hit the park when it is not crowded.

OH...FYI for anyone who is interested, I'll keep saying this until I am blue in the face. The gate off of Magic Way (Heading into DTD) RARELY has a large line. Last Saturday at 10 AM we were the ONLY car going in that way to Mickey and Friends.

Just sayin.
    I refuse to wait for 3 or 4 trams. I'll walk back to the car no matter how far I parked. D & F structure, Pumbaa, Gardenwalk doesn't matter, I'd rather walk than wait.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I refuse to wait for 3 or 4 trams. I'll walk back to the car no matter how far I parked. D & F structure, Pumbaa, Gardenwalk doesn't matter, I'd rather walk than wait.
    Not all of us are the amazing physical specimen and hunk of man that you are though, Chad.

• Hukuna Matata!

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post
    When you're exhausted and you're mashed into a sea of humanity trying to "politely" get on the next tram....to me, that's the biggest hassle of all. Much worse than waiting for the tram on the way in. On more than one occassion, we've waited for upwards of four or five trams. It may only be 15 or 20 minutes, but when you are that tired, it's a frigging eternity.
    I agree with you there, You can tell when your getting old, when your feet and your back hurt by lunchtime, when you get to the tram that hard seat feels so good with the wind blowing in your face, Then upon reaching your vehicle you hear a sweet symphony. I love sitting rolling down the windows and going ahhhhh. Getting old sucks.

I'm with aashee on this one... walk. It's the best option no matter how tired you are.

• Hukuna Matata!

Thumbs up Re: Is There A Point Where the "Hassle" of Visiting the DLR Makes You Not Want To Go?

I need to lose weight before I attempt doing this. Eh Im just gonna get a segway j/k of course

• We Want The Redhead

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Not all of us are the amazing physical specimen and hunk of man that you are though, Chad.

I'm in my mid-50's. woefully overweight, I have emphysema and I still walk both ways every visit. Aashee may be extraordibnarily fit (you have to be in order to tote that oversized ego around), but you don't need to be. It's not that far...

PS Just kidding Chad, please don't hit me. Not like last time.
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast