Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

• the liza minnelli of MC

Re: Is There A Point Where the "Hassle" of Visiting the DLR Makes You Not Want To Go?

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    And I love my cat.....but I wouldn't want 850,000 of them wandering around my neighborhood
    you have 850,000 AP's?! you only need one, no wonder yr traumatized!

• Future Cast Member

Re: Is There A Point Where the "Hassle" of Visiting the DLR Makes You Not Want To Go?

For me, there's never a bad time to go to Disneyland. I really think it's a place to just forget about your troubles. I'm sure it may be different for others, but that's what I think

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Not all of us are the amazing physical specimen and hunk of man that you are though, Chad.
    If impatience means I'm fit then I'm a stud.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by ttrocc7007 View Post
    I'm in my mid-50's. woefully overweight, I have emphysema and I still walk both ways every visit. Aashee may be extraordibnarily fit (you have to be in order to tote that oversized ego around), but you don't need to be. It's not that far...

PS Just kidding Chad, please don't hit me. Not like last time.
    I don't hit people with osteporosis. You are safe my friend.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    I refuse to wait for 3 or 4 trams. I'll walk back to the car no matter how far I parked. D & F structure, Pumbaa, Gardenwalk doesn't matter, I'd rather walk than wait.
    You and me, both, brother. C'mon, let's walk. You don't want to walk? OK I'll go get the car and come back for you. Just don't make me wait for a tram!

Not all of us are the amazing physical specimen and hunk of man that you are though, Chad.
    He's actually a little scrawny in person, I told him to bulk up a little bit over the holidays.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

If impatience means I'm fit then I'm a stud.
    You're the energizer bunny of impatience, my friend.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I used to enjoy going to Wrigley Field here in Chicago. When I lived close, I could walk to the games and the price for a Bleacher ticket was only about $5. I would stop at the local Brown's Chicken buy myself lunch and eat it in the Bleachers, before the game started. It was fun, economical, and if the Cubs actually won, that was an added bonus.

Oh, how things have changed. First of all, it's almost impossible to get a Bleacher ticket at face value anymore. Secondly, the price has more than quadrupled than the price that I used to pay. I also moved, so a trip to Wrigley Field now means taking two CTA buses. That's bus fare equal to what I used to pay for my Bleacher ticket.

Long story short here, going to Wrigley Field became a hassle. Price wise, transportation wise, time wise, it just wasn't the same fun that I used to have, so I stopped going.

Now, I know a lot of people who still go to ballgames. They are willing to pay the prices, pay for parking or travel long ways on an overpriced CTA, and make their way to an almost always sold out ballpark.

What price success? When something becomes popular, it becomes crowded. Now for some people crowds are a major issue. Crowds never bothered me. I can make my way through the crowds. It wasn't that factor that made me stop going to the ballpark. Now, I enjoy my baseball at home. I watch the Cubs on television, or I listen to them on the radio. I do miss the ambience of Wrigley Field, but the last time that I did attend a game, the feeling just wasn't the same for me. For me, Wrigley lost it's magic.

Disneyland seems to be losing it's magic for some people. I guess since I live so far away, Disneyland is still a magical place for me.

I am a very practical person. I live by a set of standards. In any given situation, when the negatives outweigh the positives, I flee.

I am a compulsive planner when I visit Disneyland. I have planned some really great vacations, and so far they have all lived up to my expectations.

So, I can understand how some people would shy away from being hassled by such things as parking and crowds, and prices, and long lines, and then when they get in the park they just don't have that magical feeling that they used to feel.

Weigh the positives with the negatives, and you decide. If you choose to go, then choose to have fun.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    You're the energizer bunny of impatience, my friend.
    MiceChat meets keep me going and going and going.

• Rock Star Minion

That's my point, but again I didn't want to make the discussion solely about that. But MC'ers will take this thread in whichever direction they will.
    You start a thread about a "problem" with DL.
    All DL problems are caused by one thing.
    Ergo....
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

I refuse to wait for 3 or 4 trams. I'll walk back to the car no matter how far I parked. D & F structure, Pumbaa, Gardenwalk doesn't matter, I'd rather walk than wait.
    This is the main reason, of many, that I loved the old parking lot. You could easily walk to your car to get a jacket in the early evening and you could easily walk to the car at closing rather than wait for a tram

• Hukuna Matata!

All things said, Isint the Slow season kicking off pretty soon?

• Minion

Yes, there is a point when the hassle makes us not want to go and my family has reached it. We’re not renewing when our passes expire.

We're lucky to live in an area with so many other entertainment venues. And at the same time we're doing our bit to reduce the crowds at DLR.
    Crazy Works For Me!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    You start a thread about a "problem" with DL.
    All DL problems are caused by one thing.
    Ergo....
    No matter how you slice it, it comes back to serious lack of foresight and planning by Disney, and TDA in assessing the impact of their offerings, good and bad. Not the individuals who take advantage of the programs offered.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Hukuna Matata!

No matter how you slice it, it comes back to serious lack of foresight and planning by Disney, and TDA in assessing the impact of their offerings, good and bad. Not the individuals who take advantage of the programs offered.
    Im wondering does disney even care about the park being oversold? Or do they just see the large crowds as good for sales? I was shocked last new years they actually sold the park out, I was suprised they did that, it was probally a fire hazard.

• Rock Star Minion

Just so we're clear: I always blame The Program, and by extension the managers of same. Never The Users.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast