Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

• The line's too long...

Re: Is There A Point Where the "Hassle" of Visiting the DLR Makes You Not Want To Go?

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Yup. And what better place to escape from one's real-life problems than Disneyland?
    Like a double-shot of more crowds.
    They just need to get a job before the AP expires.
    Or they can just keep charging up those credit cards...

• Disney Secrets Master

Re: Is There A Point Where the "Hassle" of Visiting the DLR Makes You Not Want To Go?

Not for me. If I really want to go to Disneyland the hassle factor won't be stopping me.
    Putting the um in forum. Um...

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Back in Walt's days the average daily attendance at Disneyland during February was between 2,000 - 3,000 -- on a Saturday or Sunday!
    Or in my time as an employee (technically not a CM then), maybe 15,000-20,000 on a good weather day. (When I was a lead cook I was privvy to the in-house attendance figures - on closing shift I had to make out an order to the bakery for the next day, and they were based entirely on mathematical formulas pinned to overall park attendance).

When I left, they had just changed over to the "hard ticket" and AP's had yet to be offered (or did it start as soon as the one-price admission took effect?)

In any case, as you well know DIP the "off season" really is no more.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

I live 10 minutes from Disneyland, but it often takes me more than an hour to get from my porch to the gate, and an hour to get from the gate to my porch. It sometimes feels like a hassle. In contrast, when I was in college, once I arrived at Harbor and the 5 freeway, I could pull right in, be parked in 2 minutes and in the gate in another 3 minutes.
    Fight On! Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    I live 10 minutes from Disneyland, but it often takes me more than an hour to get from my porch to the gate, and an hour to get from the gate to my porch. It sometimes feels like a hassle. In contrast, when I was in college, once I arrived at Harbor and the 5 freeway, I could pull right in, be parked in 2 minutes and in the gate in another 3 minutes.
    Those were the days, my friend...
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Forgive me if I've posted this before, but..

After planning for two years, saving for as many, taking time off both jobs, buying new shoes, booking plane tickets, paying for airport transportation, ordering park tickets online, searching out a hotel that would take an 18 year old, applying for a credit card just for the trip, getting passports renewed, and changing my phone plan for the international usage (what did I forget)...

The trip was amazing and no hassle at all. Funny how perspectives differ from person to person.

I don't live too far from the parks but the hassle of driving there, dealing with parking, and the wait for a bus or tram to get to the main gate (and then deal with crowds in the park no matter what day/time) sometimes deters me from going. I miss a few years ago when I could go right after school, park quick, get in quick, and it wasn't swamped with people, in fact around 2003/2004 in the Fall it was near empty at times.
    This post brought to you by Eli ♥
    You know what's weird? Donald Duck never wore pants. But whenever he's getting out of the shower, he always put a towel around his waist. I mean, what's that about?
    LA GALAXYCHELSEA FCARSENAL FC

http://www.seashepherd.org

• Disneyland Connoisseur

My "hassle" may not fit in with the rest, but oh well. I hate the crowds, and for my own personal reason. I consider Disneyland my personal paradise, and all of the people ruin it for me. I would love to just sit down, and take in the atmosphere. However, the people ruin it for me :/ I find that I am constantly pushed to keep going and going and going... Try to make it on as many rides as I can, try to pick up as much merchandise as I can muster. I never really find the time to just sit back, relax, and take it all in. I would love to, but the crowds just ruin the experience for me.
    4th Trip To Disneyland: June 28th-June 30th!

• Yes, that is my real name

The Far Northern, California, United States
    Blog Entries

the biggest complaint I have is strollers, I hate getting rammed by people with those giant trolly style double and triple strollers! I had a lady run right into the back of me and as I started to fall she yelled at me to not fall on her kid. It was more then a little annoying to me! I also can't stand seeing kids as big as my daughter in a stroller, seriously, if a 10 year old is that tired, take them back to the hotel or home and call it a night, sheesh!
    Yaye!

• Bring back the Keelboats!

Interesting thread. Yes and no. We were at the Park once in the summer and there were around 85,000 people in the Park. The same castmember who served us breakfast served us dinner and she told us the attendance - and more were being let in the gate. It was wall-to-wall people. No, it wasn't fun. There was even a 2-hour wait at the NOS train station - and that station usually never has a line!

It is a 3-hour drive for us and we need to stay over the night due to some health stuff. But once, temporarily forgetting the upcoming holiday, we took the grandkids with us the Sunday before a Thanksgiving. The 3-hour drive turned into 6 hours. Thank goodness for the DVD player in the Jeep....

Did it make us not want to go back to the Park? No. It just changed when we go. Having some flexibility of time, we like to drive down Sunday and come home Monday. Or drive Monday and come home Tuesday. We also adjust our attitude and figure we are there for a good time - whether it is riding the rides or walking around the Park or going over to DCA more often.

I would never consider Not going ever!

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenMickeyBook View Post
    Interesting thread. Yes and no. We were at the Park once in the summer and there were around 85,000 people in the Park. The same castmember who served us breakfast served us dinner and she told us the attendance - and more were being let in the gate. It was wall-to-wall people. No, it wasn't fun. There was even a 2-hour wait at the NOS train station - and that station usually never has a line!

I love your posts and I really admire your outlook.

Do you think in that instance they meant 85,000 in DL alone?

I'd have to think that'd be for the entire resort...not counting DTD I guess.

Or maybe 85,000 for the whole day in the one park?.

On my experiences as an employee, the place strains at the seams when there are 50-60,000 in-park at any one time.

Not only is that not my idea of fun, that is my idea of nightmare.

I can enjoy the park on a reasonably busy day. But that's ridiculous, IMHO.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I guess what I've also been trying to say throughout this thread is that I know the reasons why they needed to change from a "park" to a "resort".

I knew that would mean the inclusion of at least one more theme park, and more hotels, and a "different" experience getting onto the property, and into the gates.

It didn't help matters that DCA has been, by and large, such a disappointment, to most, up to this point.

But I love the Grand Californian Hotel, and parts of DTD are fun.

Up til now, though, the relative lack of hassle getting from wheels-on-property to my beloved DL has not nearly been met by extra amounts of pleasure, for me, from the "improvements".

• Glitter.

Yep, Just over Christmas and New Years. Takes to long to get the Motorhome ready and the 10 hour drive isn't a plus.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789