Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Baybeh!

What'd ya got?

An empty building and a rock would be more entertaining.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by dshimel
    Not edu.... good. tainment... many reviews are very positive.

Still WAY disagree. Buzz is a one-on-one competition within a family. It is a kenetic ride with lots of stuff to look at and play with.... It's not one-vs.-the rest-of-the-audience. It's not watching one guest out of an audience of hundreds get on stage.

The one show every couple hours is what allowed them to keep question generation costs down... but not nearly enough to keep the show alive. I can't imagine the costs associated with constant, continuous showings in multi-theaters.

It was tried... it lasted only a couple years.... That is a flop, regardless of whether you personally liked the concept or not, it flopped.
    Just as many reviews of M:S are very positive, many reviews of Millionaire are positive. That's just statistics. But most reviews I've seen have avoided the pure hate that M:S has gotten on the other end of the bell curve.

All a CoP gameshow would need are individual scores displayed on your keypad. Then you could compete with the members of your party just as easily.

With just an ounce of imagination, it could be done in a fun way. We're not re-inventing Millionaire in a new space, after all. We're just acknowledging that Millionaire was a lot of fun for a lot of people, and the CoP provides unique oppurtinities to use the gameshow idea again, but with a much higher capacity, and more interactivity. And let's face it, calling anything in DCA a flop is redundant. But Millionaire does well at MGM, and they had the brains to use it for special events like tapings of the actual show, and special themed shows for events like the Star Wars weekends.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• Minion

updated Adventure Thru Inner Space

GPS Flying Saucers in space environment

ride/show based on Ward Kimball's Mars and Beyond

return of Walt's Carousel of Progress

TRON Gladiator arena/holodeck

CircleVision using the turntable to enhance viewing experience

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones
    updated Adventure Thru Inner Space

GPS Flying Saucers in space environment

ride/show based on Ward Kimball's Mars and Beyond

return of Walt's Carousel of Progress

TRON Gladiator arena/holodeck

CircleVision using the turntable to enhance viewing experience
    Scary, we almost always seem to be on the same wavelength.

One of my favorite ideas for redoing Tomorrowland is to have Tomorrowland represent the game grid of Tron 2.0. Increase the "play at home" capabilities being talked about for Buzz... From the comfort of home, we can log on to disney.com and drive a guest's Autopia car. We could pick a Saucer and "ride" thanks to a hood-mounted webcam. You can view a band's set list and vote on the songs you want them to perform at Tomorrowland Terrace's Custom Concert, and for a dollar you can order an MP3 of the live performance, the studio cut, or a DJ remix...

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

I'm only for a COP type attraction if it was new & innovative.. The old COP belongs in Yesterland if you ask me.. Walt always said that when something new is built, something old must go. COP is a step backwards guys..

I would really like to see the technology that was created by Mission Space - Usually, WDI re use new technology & only change the styles or theming. This would work PERFECTLY here - the building is even the right shape! As M:S is a little more informative in style, a DL equivelant could see much more immersive Theming than the EPCOT original + they could improve on the technology/show as they always do.

I think an updated Dreamfinder and Figment ride would be good for the building, since they messed up in Florida might as well make up for it here in Anaheim.

Or a ride based on The Blackhole where one actually survives a trip through a black hole.

• Banned User

WDW gets to keep COP...

If DL wants Mission Space.. they can pay for a new program/movie too... we dont want clones...

if DL wants a new ride... get it sponsored by starbucks... they have lods of cash.. and you can server starbucs coffee to guests for free.... hehe

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    we dont want clones...
    Clones are a fact of life, and the sooner we accept that, the happier we'll all be.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by dshimel
    Clones are a fact of life, and the sooner we accept that, the happier we'll all be.
    No, the happier Disney will be. The rest of us will be bored and dissatisfied. Unless we quit rolling over, and start demanding better than clones, especially of inferior rides.

-- Walt Disney

• Banned User

21st century Adventure Through Inner Space.

• Inappropriate

Hi, I'm new here, but I wanted to throw in my 2 cents worth: Waht disneyland needs is a new unique ride that none of the other parks have. It seems we haven't seen this for 10 years (since Indy.) Tokyo DIsney Seas took the Test Track technology and made the Journey to the Center of the Earth ride. Looking at them they're totally different. I bet somehow Disneyland gut the Innoventions building, and put in a totally new ride we haven't seen yet using the Test Track "fast cars" technology. But what kind of ride, I have no idea, but it seems like a swell idea.

• Minion

Return of Peoplemover that's incorporated into some sort of dark ride. I'm always supportive of a new dark ride (as long as it's not Pooh). Perhaps we could do away with Star Tours and create a better Star Wars attraction (except lets not incorporate the prequels, PLEASE).
    And then bring back Eo. Ohhhh yeahh.

• Banned User

Plectu's Fantastic Intergalactic Review now damit!

• (maybe they're right!)

We went to the Vatican in Rome and under the cathedral is where all the former popes and stuff are buried...

Stay with me....

...might be cool to put us out of our misery....off Darth Eisner....and put him in a glass casket in the center of the building, so we could all sit in the old America Sings theater seats and get a 360degree view of his decaying corpse!!!

Genius!!!!

• disneypark webslinger

I'm Spidermickey

Hey Disney Freaks!

My name is Brandon, but you can call me Spidermickey. I saw you're fourm and thought it might be fun to share my love for the park with all of you. I have many awsome ideas that could really revitalize the park...for example:

TURN INNOVENNTIONS INTO ALIEN ENCOUNTER!!!!!!!!!!!!

and bring back Captian Eo....just kidding!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad to be here and look forward to chatting with all of you soon!

peace,

Spidermickey

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast