Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wem1985
    That would be kind of cool to incorporate a new attraction for the old Peoplemover track, and use that building to incorporate a big "themed" waiting are, or what else do they call it, the que?
    That is a pretty good idea. Now that the Rocket Rods waiting area is gone it would be a perfect entrance to a People Moover track based ride. If they wanted to be cool, they could have the line actually sit down while you wait to ride in the rotating theater, and see a multi phase pre-show like COP/America Sings (not so involved obviously). The last phase would be the loading area... No fast pass though...

• șoș Tom șoș

Lets revamp everything east of the People Mover's Station

Having worked at Autopia, it is my experiance that everything past the east of the Pizza Port and Matterhorn is a waste of land; Innoventions, Autopia and the Subs need to be demolished to more effentially use the land.

1.) Innoventions, start there smash it down.
    2.) Autopia- move that sucker to DCA- and why not? Those cars can move faster, take the inhibitors off the cars and put them in a new themed track based off the feeling of driving through california: Drive throught the big trees, over the Golden Gate Bridge, through Los Angeles, desert, etc...
    3.) Subs-While working at Autopia leads mentioned massive costs involved to repair leaks in the tank, with costs upwards of 5 to 10 million.
    4.) Fantasyland Canal Boats- Dead tracks all spread through out the back lot of Autopia

Autopia is an original but the only reason its still there is for politicial reasons. Seems that years ago a massive gasoline tank ruptured below the loading station. Chevron came to the rescue and built a station below the launch pad and has been buring off the fuel since the new station launched a few years ago.

Between these problems, People Movers and the leak Sub tank, its seems that a demolishment is almost necessary to salvage any sort of new Tommorrowland.

I agree that Mission Space is an excellent replacement for that area, as well as Test Track- hell they stole our Soaring Over California (dumbest move ever) so why not still some of there treasures.

We also need some original Tommorrowland Attractions. I suggest more Jules Verne based rides; Journey to the Center of the Earth (water ride) Around the World in 80 Days ( jungle gym area) From the Earth to the Moon (obviously Space Mtn will fit this bill) but the idea is simple, to start over that whole east end and utilize the space around the Matterhorn like a big horseshoe, encumber into Fantasyland all the way back to Its A Small World.

Just a thought...

To the OP... Topics like this annoy me. Everyone want this or that attraction gone and then gets their hopes up about stupid things that will not happen.

Sorry to burst your bubble but Innoventions (much like HISTA) is going no where. Innoventions is the ONLY attraction that actually makes money for the resort. The reason why the 50th exhibit was moved to Great Moments was because one of the Ops Managers over Innoventions went into a meeting with Eisner, Ouimet and Razulo with a brief presentation on the counts that Innoventions has and the bottom line figure that Innoventions brings in. It is a MORE profittable attraction than Space Mountain, Star Tours AND Monorail... and it takes 17-28% of the gate daily (that means its really a C ticket not the A ticket everyone says it is).

I am not defending Innoventions... I like several things in it and it has been a great building ground for several things that we now see in several different parks (The Crush Show in Florida, Drawn To Animation at DCA, Paris, Florida, Tokyo and now Hong Kong; and even the launch of the Segway rentals which we'll probably seen late 2005). But the storyline sucks and the concept has been watered down to the point that no one can tell what flavor it is supposed to be.

Basically though, the resort DOES need someplace like Inno and it pays for itself...

Plus by May there will be a new story for you all to sink your teeth into anyway...
    Last edited by innonut99; 03-03-2005 at 04:08 AM.

• Adventurer

Here's an idea that just might work...

Captain EO meets Alien Encounter = EO Encounter. Instead of an alien however, we have Michael Jackson escape from the containment pod. He wreaks havoc on the interior of the show room. The climax comes when he dangles a baby from the top rafters!:devil:

Joking aside, the building takes up too much room. Any pratical use of the space first needs to have a complete bulldoze happen.
    The One, the Only, the Original:
    Dr. Indiana Jones

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DrIndianaJones
    Here's an idea that just might work...

Captain EO meets Alien Encounter = EO Encounter. Instead of an alien however, we have Michael Jackson escape from the containment pod. He wreaks havoc on the interior of the show room. The climax comes when he dangles a baby from the top rafters!:devil:

Joking aside, the building takes up too much room. Any pratical use of the space first needs to have a complete bulldoze happen.
    I sort of thought the consensus that Jacko IS an alien. Explains the hyperbaric chamber anyway...

Meanwhile, I wonder if you couldn't salvage the turning mechanism and rebuild the ride elsewhere. I mean, I know the show came back from NYWF, but I never did understand just how that worked.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

well.. Disney is doing the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy movie this spring....

how about....

MILLYWAY'S The Resturaunt at the End of The Universe!

They could have an AA version of the big cow that wants you to eat him... and a spectacular projection screen that shows "the end of the universe" every hour on the hour!

• the subs were cool maan

I would replace it with a bunch of watermelon spiders with eisner heads on them that you could crush for $50.00 of Eisner money with little eisner heads on the doller bills.

• Carousel Theater Host

I have the most financially and physically feasable plan:

Have the CoP downstairs, with Innoventions upstairs.

The only reason Ouimet has not goten rid of Innoventions is because it is an attraction that literally pays for itself. He's not particularly fond of the revolving trade show, but it is costing the resort virtually nothing to operate.

That being said, let's keep that concept, but put it in the upstairs area only. The Carousel of Progress can easily replace those worn-out Compaq displays, downstairs. How can we continue to get guests into innoventions, now that it is upstairs? The original finale to the CoP at Disneyland was the speedramp up to the second level, where Progress City was located. Let's do that again, but instead of visiting the city of the future, let's touch the technology of the future at Innoventions.

That way, you can ride the Carousel of Progress with a finale that allows you to experience progress firsthand. It would be like the World of Motion or Imagination pavillions at Epcot. Ride first, then exit into exhibit.

You can even keep the Peoplemover windows as they are. Maybe riding past them at a slow pace just might make people want to visit Innoventions, located upstairs in the Carousel building.

Of course, if guests would like to visit Innoventions without riding the Carousel of Progress, they would be able to do so by going up the ramp located outside of the building.

Reasons it would be financially feasable:
    *Importing the show from Florida, while making very few changes to the building.
    *Keeping Innoventions upstairs, so the building costs very little to operate.
    *Keeping sponsors happy in the upstairs area, as they have a guaranteed flow of guests that will come to experience their exhibits.

• Sock Puppet

I would replace innoventions with a trough-style men's room, you know what I am talking about, they have them at old ball parks and ski resorts?

• Minion

Well, I'm not holding the little clicker at the door, but it's hard to imagine that Innoventions is getting enough people in the door to really keep the sponsors happy. And CoP is seasonal at WDW, so I don't know if it's doing well enough to justify bringing it over, either. So, even combined, it's hard to imagine that CoP/Innoventions would generate enough guests to keep more companies from pulling sponsorship. It's like a TV show, if no one's watching, why buy commercial air time?

If Disney wants to court sponsors for a new attraction in this space, they have to create something SO good that the sponsors will keep their money in, regardless of how many people walk through the turnstiles, because it's "prestigious," because it's the "right thing to do." Otherwise, they're going to have to come up with a ride (or a darn compelling show) that will appeal to a broad market and have excellent repeatability.

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SurfedUpDane
    I would replace innoventions with a trough-style men's room, you know what I am talking about, they have them at old ball parks and ski resorts?
    You know, I've never been one for the communal trough. There are certain things in life I don't feel the need to share with others. Besides, no one likes to just stare at a blank wall, so there's always that awkward moment of "where do the eyes go, where do the eyes go??? Bah, peripheral vision!" And then of course, there's the ever popular, "You know, there's six feet of trough over there, why do you have to get in my grill?" And finally, the ever-popular "Hey buddy, this ain't Splash Mountain."

Of course, the along-the-wall urinal is preferable to the fountain-style circular trough. I'm fairly open-minded, but if you're draining the lizard and able to make eye contact with someone else, you ought to get dinner first.

-- Walt Disney

• Sock Puppet

Get Rid Of Innoventions

Get rid of that waste of space and bring back the original COP. I think it would go great with the 50th celebration too and this is one attraction Walt participated in the planning of this great attraction. It would be nice to keep some of these attractions from yesteryear!!!

• Park Hopper

i think mission space is too big to fit in the innoventions building

• Hooterville, USA

Maybe a Jurrasic Park ride. Doesn't go with Tomorrow Land theme, but it might work.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Carousel Theater Host

Quote Originally Posted by ModHatter
    Well, I'm not holding the little clicker at the door, but it's hard to imagine that Innoventions is getting enough people in the door to really keep the sponsors happy. And CoP is seasonal at WDW, so I don't know if it's doing well enough to justify bringing it over, either. So, even combined, it's hard to imagine that CoP/Innoventions would generate enough guests to keep more companies from pulling sponsorship.
    The CoP is the only attraction that has been gone from Disneyland for 30+ years that continues to get guest complaints at Guest Relations due to its removal. Most people in California would give their firstborn to ride the Carousel again without traveling to Florida. Although the downstairs of Innoventions does pay homage to the original attraction with the theme song, quotes by Tom Morrow ("It's great to be back in the Old Carousel Theater"), and pictures of the Carousel Theater Family in the Home Zone, this is not what the guests at Disneyland yearn for.

So...why not just give the people in California what they want? In 1998, Pressler thought that he was doing just that by giving the public a trade show themed to remind people of the CoP, but he was way off the mark. People in California are yearning for the genuine return of the Carousel of Progress, not just an homage.

Why not bring back the CoP to California? It'll be new to some who have never seen it before, and it will be a great tribute to Walt Disney for those who remember the original attraction. Countless individuals, young and old would genuinely like to see the Carousel of Progress return to Disneyland.

Coupled with Innoventions on the second level, the Carousel would be able to operate year-round, as it would attract a constant flow of guests of all ages to Innoventions.

This constant flow of a large volume of guests coming into Innoventions would be very attractive to sponsors. The most desirable aspect of advertising or sponsorship is for a large amount of people to see your name on a particular sign or billboard in order to generate sales of your product. With a large, constant volume of guests coming into Innoventions, I'd bet sponsors would be chomping at the bit to get a piece of the action upstairs.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast