Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

What would you replace Innoventions with?

If you could replace Innoventions with an E-Ticket attraction, what would you replace it with?

• Nice Guy

Blog Entries
    My first hope would be COP. How about with somethng creative and interesting.
    >>Alan<<
    Member 216

• Drunken Disneyland Master

I would like to see something that incorporates the PeopleMover/Rocket Rod track (as far as E-Ticket is concerned). If you're going to clone a ride, then Mission: Space would be the answer. But, in the end, they will probably just tear down the whole building and put up a series of outdoor vendor carts.

--Thank you

• Miranda Lambert and Me!

CoP again!
    Listen to me on the radio!

us101country.com Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

981thelegend.com Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

rock105.net Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
    Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE

• Banned User

Mission:Space

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    I would want something new and innovative that has yet to be seen at a Disney park. New is good (or if you are dsnylndmom, guuuuuuud.)
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

If not Carousel of Progress ala Tomorrowland 1967, then something similar that takes us through a series of eras in the progression of, say, communications or transportation.

Or barring that, bulldoze the building and put in something entirely immersive that has not been seen before. Not another rollercoaster, not another "bugs in the seat" and "fog in the face" show, and not something that puts excessive G-force on you. But something involving sound, sight and subtlety of movement that would entirely envelope you in the show, whatever the show is.

I would like to see some technological envelopes pushed and truly innovative ideas being used in the development of the show, similar to the novelty and creativity of AA back in the sixties.
    "Say, uh, ever hear of the devil's paint pots? Real mystery of the desert. Bubblin' pots of mud in all kinds of colors."

• Banned User

Not asking for much there are you Engineer....

The problem with pushing the envelope, are two fold. 1) the envelope tends to push back... the rumored cost of Mission:Space is about 5 times the original budget. 2) the envelope moves. Once you've pushed the envelope, everyone copies you for a small fraction of the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by dshimel
    Not asking for much there are you Engineer....
    Nope! :-) It ain't my money!
    "Say, uh, ever hear of the devil's paint pots? Real mystery of the desert. Bubblin' pots of mud in all kinds of colors."

Mission Space: The NRE has already been paid for in Orlando.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Drunk Dave @ DL
    I would like to see something that incorporates the PeopleMover/Rocket Rod track (as far as E-Ticket is concerned). If you're going to clone a ride, then Mission: Space would be the answer. But, in the end, they will probably just tear down the whole building and put up a series of outdoor vendor carts.

--Thank you
    That would be kind of cool to incorporate a new attraction for the old Peoplemover track, and use that building to incorporate a big "themed" waiting are, or what else do they call it, the que?

• Disney Dad & Disney Nuts

How about this - Bring back the People Mover !!!!

• i want a mint julep

I think they should gut the building and make a giant Alien Experience ride. Oh yes, that would be my dream. (not--i hate that freaking ride. i'm glad they got rid of it in orlando)
    i caught you a delicious bass.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by wem1985
    use that building to incorporate a big "themed" waiting are, or what else do they call it, the que?
    Actually, que is a half-farthing.... obsolete word.

I think the word you're looking for is "queue"... a line of people or vehicles waiting for something

And... now queue isn't even used.... Now it is "the stand-by entrance".

• Minion

Space has been done to death. Let's not do yet another Space attraction.

We have land and sea, technology, transportation, entertainment, and who knows what else. Let's pick from that list instead.

I'd still like to see an interactive gameshow, leaving the second floor open. They could use it as a new queue for PM, they could put a restaurant up there, they could put a new House of the Future...

Bottom line, I think CoP still has some opportunities that don't give into the pervasive spacejunk, but I'm not opposed to the building getting torn down in favor of imagineering something new from the ground up instead of adapting it to the existing building. And there's no reason why the CoP building couldn't be adapted for other lands. Use it as a high-capacity replacement for Millionaire. Use it to tell the Disneyland Story (without Walt AAs, of course). theme it to the Capitol dome and use it to house a new type of Hall of Presidents.... and there's alsways one of my favorites, build CoP in a new locatrion, where they enter from Main St. and exit into Tomorrowland.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast