• Banned User

Screamin' Accident caused by Air Leaks?

• SM - 14 TIMES! DLAND!!!

Re: Screamin' Accident caused by Air Leaks?

I was there the day it happened at Disneyland and my friend who is Goofy called me and told me about it......my mom called me right after to make sure i was ok cuz she was panicking after she watched the news. Thanks for the website though!!
    "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."

°Quťdese sentů por favor!

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Screamin' Accident caused by Air Leaks?
    So does that mean Screamin' had gas???

How do you like that photo of the wooden coaster that isnít even California Adventure's? Thatís the news media for you
    Last edited by XP_GUN; 10-14-2005 at 02:57 PM.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by XP_GUN
    How do you like that photo of the wooden coaster that isnít even California Adventure's? Thatís the news media for you
    No kidding. It almost looks like Colossus at Tragic Mountain but I'm not 100% sure.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by XP_GUN
    Yeah I know huh. Just DCA's old logo with a wooden roller coaster.

So does that mean Screamin' had gas???
    yes every Coaster have Gaz they use the system for the brakes . Roller Coaster Brakes works by Air Pressure .

I don't know what happened on Screamin but i'm but they had to use the emergency brakes due to a backup and those brakes did't worked welll .
    HKDL : Done !!!

• Sock Puppet

Angry Re: Screamin' Accident caused by Air Leaks?

Hey Al! Where's the big smokin' gun in the report that was going to look horrible for the Walt Disney Company? Most of us know you hate DCA, but you don't have to make up BS to dis the park we all know you already hate. I'm sorry if you love the guy, but I just thought it was time to point out one of the many false statements that are in his ficticious bi-monthly column. Personally, I just love the empty DCA photos. It's kind of funny since I never seem to have the luck of visiting the park on one of those days. It was packed this past Wednesday afternoon.

Unforuntately, the results of the investigation sound all to similar to incidents on other Intamin designed roller coasters. What I don't understand is why in recent years Intamin does not design fail-safe brakes. On most roller coasters compressed air is used to open the brake, not to close the brake. Basically releasing the air pressure will cause the brake to clamp shut. Thus it is fail-safe should a power or air pressure failure result. This doesn't seem to be the case with the recently build Intamin roller coasters.

• Banned User

[QUOTE=cfparkmanager]Hey Al! Where's the big smokin' gun in the report that was going to look horrible for the Walt Disney Company? Most of us know you hate DCA, but you don't have to make up BS to dis the park we all know you already hate. I'm sorry if you love the guy, but I just thought it was time to point out one of the many false statements that are in his ficticious bi-monthly column. Personally, I just love the empty DCA photos. It's kind of funny since I never seem to have the luck of visiting the park on one of those days. It was packed this past Wednesday afternoon....[QUOTE]

Whatever, I just posted a news report.

• Earth Intruder

Quote Originally Posted by cfparkmanager
    Hey Al! Where's the big smokin' gun in the report that was going to look horrible for the Walt Disney Company? Most of us know you hate DCA, but you don't have to make up BS to dis the park we all know you already hate. I'm sorry if you love the guy, but I just thought it was time to point out one of the many false statements that are in his ficticious bi-monthly column. Personally, I just love the empty DCA photos. It's kind of funny since I never seem to have the luck of visiting the park on one of those days. It was packed this past Wednesday afternoon.
    Oy vey. Yes, it is all lies and filth! Did you know he digitally edits out people from DCA for his Disneyland fiction?

This week has been unusually packed at the DLR. One Wednesday does not make a photo false, nor does one photo imply that the entire park is completely empty. I've been there 19 times since the end of June. And there have been many, MANY occassions where you could fire a cannonballs down the major DCA walkways and not hit anyone, in the middle of the day.

I'm curious what was false in the last update? The CM employment issues? The widening of the walkways? Patch of Heaven closing for a makeover? The photos of the subs are obviously false since the Matterhorn isn't sinking (besides, every time I go to the Park there are always WORKERS in there, I guess they must have been digitally removed too). The toontown re-do? The Cars or Incredibles rides? The ride closure boards removal? AP ads? I think I saw those ads up yesterday, but I can't quite remember, so I guess that must be false too.

All Al said was
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Lutz
    And in even more good news, Disney and DOSH are now in agreement that California Screamin' can reopen to the public after the minor accident this past July. The reopening of Screamin' could come any day now, and that DOSH report on the problems in Brake Zone Seven isn't going to be very flattering for Disney we can assure you.
    Here's a quote from another news article:
    Quote Originally Posted by San Diego Tribune
    "We've asked (Disney officials) to review their inspection process," said Cal-OSHA spokesman Dean Fryer. "They had done some inspections and were aware of some leaks."
    So let's see... Disney had a screwed up inspection of the ride and knew of leaks which caused the minor accident. Yes, that is QUITE flattering for Disney.
    Last edited by Chernabog; 10-15-2005 at 09:37 AM.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• Official Mice Chat person

If the accident happend later in the day, why didn't the air leaks cause the brakes to fail earlier in the day?