Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• No bacon; sausage.

By what definition does it "waste" space? The place is always packed when I go. It seems to be fulfilling the need for food on that end of the park nicely.

• (maybe they're right!)

Quote Originally Posted by msmith_333
    Keep the pizza port! I love the food there. The Chicken Fusili is my favorite. If they are really after space, then move the restaurant upstairs above the arcade.
    Ohhhhhhhhhh....the Fusilli! The TASTIEST way to ensure an early trip to the grave!

My favorite, too...

But then, about two hours later, after the carbs settle down, I'm always looking for a place to take a nap. Once I even went to 1st Aid and asked them if I could lie down because I wasn't "...feeling well." Nice 40 minute nap whilst the fam rode Alice!

• No bacon; sausage.

Just to elaborate, I think it really is the perfect size for the need. It's always got a lot of people in it, but it's just big enough that there's always a table or two available. The casheirs always have a customer, but not so many that you've got to wait very long to check out. I find it to be one of the best designed food locations in the park, it runs incredibly efficiently without a lot of wasted resources. The only thing I don't like is the location of the soda dispenser. That's the one bottleneck, but it's not too bad.

• Minion

First of all, it does have some of the best affordable food in the park. When you have a family that really makes a difference. About the cleanliness issue, I too have been a little exasperated at the goofing off of those particular cm's at Redd Rockets.(I actually saw one lazy cm throw away a tray).
    You need a crew of really efficient workers to keep up with a crowd that size, but I chocked up the situation to the poor training that the park had adopted during Pressler/Harris era.
    Mr. Ouimet is getting things done, maybe this situation will be corrected.
    Even though they changed the name of the place, we still associate it with Toy Story, and I bet alot of other families do also. With the opening of Buzz Lightyear, it could make for a great Tomorrowland experience for families.
    As I was growing up, the dining experience in each of the lands was a memorable experience for us. I know attractions are important, but families share good times together at the eating venues as well.
    That said, Disneyland doesn't have a good track record moving restaurants, and keeping the same quality/experience. It would most likely disappear altogether. I hope it stays.

• Still wants to be a cat!

It's the only place my child can get pizza, since she lives primarily on chicken nuggets and pizza, we're limited on choices for the kid (and us adults). Haven't tried the pasta yet, but will make a point to in the future.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

My kids absolutely kill me if we don't eat there at least once. It is usually their choice for every meal we eat in the park (though my son has taken a fancy to the fried chicken in New Orleans Square.)

The restaurant is a good size, busy but never too crowded. I have never had to wait for a table but there are rarely large numbers of tables available during prime eating hours.

I used to love eating at the Hungry Bear but I don't think it is ever open!
    The Mur

• That's Hawt

Really? It's Always Open When I Go But I also only get to go during the Busy summer
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

Pizza Port should stay, but it should be refurbed. I think it's pretty hideous inside there. The purple/red has got to go. I don't know exactly what they should change it to, but there's something about the place that just kinda puts me on edge. It's a little hard to just sit down and relax because of the atmosphere.

Also, it's pretty expensive. I can go to the Village Haus and get nearly twice the pizza (a full personal pan vs one big slice), for considerably less money.

• The Magics in the details

No, with the Lunching Port gone for some time, the East Side of the park really needs an alternative to Club Buzz (I still call it TLT, but I digress...). Although I do miss Mission To Mars/Flight to the Moon, decent Italian is just what the doctor ordered. IMHO, the pasta is better than the Pizza at R2P2.

• behind the curtain

The Pizza Port is one of the best places to eat in the park. Their cheese pizza and garlic bread are amazing!

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by NWRREngineer
    Is the pizza any good? I haven't actually tried it yet... What's the crust like? How much pepperoni do they use?
    it was not good...the pasta was not the greatest either. I suppose for theme park food it was, but I've had better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12