x-mas starts November 13th.....

Is it just me or are the resorts holiday offerings starting about a week earlier than normal this year. I remember in years past "Believe in Holiday Magic" would start first, running for a week or so beforehand and then "A Christmas Fantasy", and the other offerings would start out the full line-up of events about a week later.

This year according to the DL.com calendar, it appear all the offerings are starting together on Friday November 13th.

Here's to snow on the castle soon, Believe, A Christmas fantasy, and hot cocoa on a cold night in front of the castle! Oh yea and huge crowds...lol
    "Just remember it all started with a mouse!"

• Wishing upon a star....

Re: x-mas starts November 13th.....

I think they are doing it earlier because my birthday is the 16th and they knew I would want to see Chirstmas trees after my day long drive.

Because it is all about me...

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Well, it used to be the middle of November, but Disney moved it a week later a couple of years ago, mainly due to the Capacity Crowds they were getting between Veterans Day and the start of the Christmas Season.

Alas, it looks like Disney can't remember its past history and wants to try and make a few more dollars with an extra week. (But be prepared for MAJOR crowds the opening weekend).
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Wishing upon a star....

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    (But be prepared for MAJOR crowds the opening weekend).
    I am totally prepared. We are there Sunday (hopefully I can meet some micechatters) and Monday and Tuesday. I figure Sunday will be crazy and Monday and Tuesday will have a bit more breathing room. We have 3 days, so we don't have to rush.

Thanks Darkbeer, that is what I remember as well, as far as scheduling goes.

It seems lately that we just go from one seasonal offering to one seasonal offering. I can understand the reasoning behind it, more crowds= more money.

It seems a little interesting with the parking issues they have been having as of late, I don't even want to know how bad it may get in the next two months, during xmas...
    "Just remember it all started with a mouse!"

• Murphy Lover

Im actually so bummed about this. I am taking Caden to DL on 11-11-09 for his 2nd birthday and I will miss all the festivities b 2 days. Oh, well. Looks like he and I are going twice in one week.
    Jennifer
    http://www.facebook.com/cadensmama
    Disneyland Cast Member - Class of 2006 - January 2006 - July 2006 Fanstasyland Stores Lead

We went last year on opening weekend and stayed at DLH for 2 nights. We just took it slow, did just holiday type things, didn't worry about really getting on too many rides and drank in the atmosphere. We'll be at PPH 11/13-11/15 and we're looking forward to doing the same. Decorate cookies, listen to holiday music, find a spot for the parade. No problem. It seems like it was early last year too.

Last year it started on Friday the 21st. so it is a lot earlier this year. i don't mind because i love the holiday decorations. I know i will be there on the 13th.

• Galactic Hero

The city that the land of the Lego's stands....

Question Re: x-mas starts November 13th.....

Not a big fan of the XMAS season as indeed it is very busy, but the decorations are always neat, just wish it wouldn't run for 2 months lol.

• A Suitcase & A Dream

Is Celebrate a Street Party going to run along with A Christmas Fantasy (as intended) or will go away during the holiday season?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

Quote Originally Posted by imagineerthat View Post
    Is Celebrate a Street Party going to run along with A Christmas Fantasy (as intended) or will go away during the holiday season?
    The last day of Celebrate! A Street Party is Nov. 12. At least that is what the Disneyland.com calendar is saying. It will go away during the Holiday season and is rumored to return in Jan. 2010.
    Quote Originally Posted by thmprkinsder View Post
    This year according to the DL.com calendar, it appear all the offerings are starting together on Friday November 13th.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    (But be prepared for MAJOR crowds the opening weekend).
    I'm sure it's coincidence and I'm not superstitious at all, but the expected huge crowds are more than enough to keep me far away from the park on a Friday the 13th.

I'll be there opening day, which is great because I've never seen Disneyland during the holidays.
    Although I'm not looking forward to the crowds. I'll be a with a 6 year old, and this seems to be the only time she can get off school.
    Any tips on avoiding melt downs with a little one while at Disneyland? Especially with the large crowds that are to be expected.
    On the plus side, we'll be staying the DLH. So parking is not an issue.
    Last edited by DisneyDiana; 10-22-2009 at 02:11 PM.

• Here Comes Trouble

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDiana View Post
    I'll be there opening day, which is great because I've never seen Disneyland during the holidays.
    Although I'm not looking forward to the crowds. I'll be a with a 6 year old, and this seems to be the only time she can get off school.
    Any tips on avoiding melt downs with a little one while at Disneyland? Especially with the large crowds that are to be expected.
    On the plus side, we'll be staying the DLH. So parking is not a issue.
    The beer cart at DCA
    It may have zippity to do with doo-dah

• Vroom, vroom!

what can I say other than Ugg.
    I HATE early Christmas Im not in the mood for it until midway through Dec. and My birthdays nov 18th so every time I have gone on my Bday it was Christmas themed
    I am Scary Scott,
    Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
    I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
    Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
    Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Scary: your post is dripping something. Tastes like sarcasm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karalora View Post
    This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
    Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)
    Anyhow, check out my profile on fimfiction.net I'm Phoenix Quill there.

• See Ya Real Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDiana View Post
    Take is slow, if the little one is hungry feed her, naps - go back to the hotel for a few hours mid-afternoon, make the little one the focus of the trip do what she want to do, when she wants to do it - even if that is watching the ducks in the rivers of america of half an hour.