Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Gateway Fantasmic!

Are there no Holidays in the future?!

It seems that Tomorrowland always gets left out of the holiday seasons. Yes we now have GG but that's still not "holiday related" (I use that term loosely). Just a new scary overlay. Should Tomorrowland get futuristic looking holiday decorations?
    "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." -Walter Elias Disney

SEE MOM! Even Walt Disney thought school was bad!

Twitter http://twitter.com/dogtherock
    YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/dogtherock
    Facebook http://www.facebook.com/waltdisneyscaliforniaadventure
    (Look at the URL i got for Facebook

• Vroom, vroom!

Re: Are there no Holidays in the future?!

Dont you know anything?
    In the future everyone is Athiest!
    I am Scary Scott,
    Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
    I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
    Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
    Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Scary: your post is dripping something. Tastes like sarcasm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karalora View Post
    This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
    Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)
    Anyhow, check out my profile on fimfiction.net I'm Phoenix Quill there.

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

Holidays don't seem to fit anywhere in Tomarrowland to me. It fits everywhere else, but not here.

• Northwest Disneyphile

Quote Originally Posted by Scary Scott View Post
    Dont you know anything?
    Ahh, you took my joke. Well I was going to go a in the future every one is so PC they dare not put up any decorations.
    Broadway Duchess, Darling if you only knew half as much as everybody thinks you do

• Minion

I think there should be holiday decorations in TL. They should feel futuristic in some way, of course. It would help the land feel more "lived in," like the other lands do. I've long felt that Tomorrowland should have more stuff that makes it look like a bustling city, and less murals that tell us where we're supposed to be.

So who wants to put a spinning metallic Christmas Tree atop the Observatron?
    "Happy Working Song" parody for DCA remodel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

Retro Rant Review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II" (comedy review of direct-to-video
    Disney sequel):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../1/q1j7FU8QXu0
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../0/sasNTMDRBLU

Retro Rant Review of "Home on the Range" (comedy review of Disney movie):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-...feature=relmfu
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie...feature=relmfu
    Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vea...feature=relmfu

Visit my site: http://www.vividgroovy.com

Pratfall the albatross superheroine visits the Carthay Circle Theatre.

• WDW Daily News *****

Dog I never really thought about it, but I would be interested to see what the imagineers could come up with for that area. Heck the Castle looked like a birthday cake once so why not try something in TL and see what happens
    We are proud to be a MiceChat Partner Website!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I agree. They should have futuristic decorations in Tomorrowland like metallic icicles and ornaments. And a tree that is made out of metal and plastic -- no, wait a minute -- I think that's already going up on Main Street!

I like the "lived in" idea. However, if you want to work with the present theme, you would need to consider what Christmas looked like on the starship Enterprise.

• Not a Minion

innoventions can get a small christmas themeing going on for the christmas overlay.

also, what if there's a christas overlay for space mountain. im thinking that the story could be that santa got lost in space and you're sent on a mission to retrieve him. it would be easy to do. just take the holloween overlay and replace Bob with santa hehe. oh and music would definitely need to be changed

• =)

While it makes perfect sense that the holidays would still be celebrated in the future, there's something weird about modern Christmas decorations in an extremely futuristic setting. That wouldn't fly. It'd be anachronistic. So the question is...how do you update the decorations in a way that meshes visually with Tomorrowland, yet still feels Christmas-like? I can't think of anything that'd look classy and cool.

Yeah, I'll go with the theory that in the future, enforced political correctness has eradicated the right to put up Christmas decorations...anywhere. =/

• a wind to shake the stars

Actually, it makes sense. Society trends towards the secular, and the most advanced and equitable societies on the planet also have the most secular populations. It's not a stretch to think that as we progress socially and technologically that we will leave our religious shackles behind and embrace our humanity for its own sake.

In the oldest of times, people kept close watch on the solstices and equinoxes and the phases of the moon so that they'd know exactly the right times to plant crops, move the animals to summer pasture, etc.

You can't do this simply by counting days; on Earth, with its 365 and 1/4-day-long year, you'll soon be way off. As Augra said in *The Dark Crystal*, "You've got to know When!"

Things like the solstices and equinoxes were marked and celebrated - hey, any excuse for a party! - because they were very important to having a good life in the ancient world.

The point is, these were all science-based "celebrations", even though it was ancient and relatively simple science, and are the reason for things like Stonehenge and the many other ring-stones and standing stones throughout the world, especially in Britain and Europe.

Seems like Tomorrowland could come up with some sort of science-based celebration as well, based on astronomy and a careful tracking of the changing of the seasons. And nothing says you couldn't add a little genetically engineered greenery at Christmas.

I'd love to see the Imagineers give this a shot.
    okerry

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Scary Scott View Post
    Dont you know anything?

But are we the United Athiest Alliance or United Athiest League.

And oh, we could have very futuristic versions of the sun's rays shining on a precise location on the Solstices and Equinoxes, as they do at Stonehenge in England and at Newgrange in Ireland - what a show that could be!
    okerry

I don't know what you nut jobs are talking about. History of the World pt 1 clearly depicted Jews in space. And I think that's the overlay Tomorrowland should be going for...

lmao...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast