Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: Carson Mansion: Mystic Manor for DCA?

Were talking about the layout at DCA that we have, we don't have a fresh plot of land like Shanghai Disneyland, and that is one of the last areas left.

But after developing that pad, Id say Bugs Land and Farm areas can be redeveloped, maybe save "it's tough to be a bug", but the rest can go.

• Vroom, vroom!

personally I would like to see a winchester mystery house in the park somewhere,
    Or a haunted shack atraction
    I am Scary Scott,
    Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
    I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
    Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
    Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Scary: your post is dripping something. Tastes like sarcasm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karalora View Post
    This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
    Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)
    Anyhow, check out my profile on fimfiction.net I'm Phoenix Quill there.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

What does the Nightmare Before Christmas have anything to do with Carson Mansion or California in general?

I mean, the relationship is as non-existant as 1850s New Orleans.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

In 2007 it was brought up that NBC should stop being an overlay and get it's own attraction. I thought it would go well in a Carson Mansion style building.

Then when I saw the images of Mystic Manor, I remembered that they looked almost identical. Did Imagineering base Mystic Manor on the same building?

Naturally, I thought this idea deserved a second look. That's all.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scary Scott View Post
    personally I would like to see a winchester mystery house in the park somewhere,
    Or a haunted shack atraction
    I'd even be fine with an Adventurer's Club restaurant in a creepy haunted Carson Mansion.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    In 2007 it was brought up that NBC should stop being an overlay and get it's own attraction. I thought it would go well in a Carson Mansion style building.

Then when I saw the images of Mystic Manor, I remembered that they looked almost identical. Did Imagineering base Mystic Manor on the same building?

Naturally, I thought this idea deserved a second look. That's all.
    If Nightmare Before Christmas should get its own attraction, it should be in Fantasyland. Not in an unrelated California landmark.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Forget NBC. I just want more Victorian architecture in DCA. And I see something like Carson Mansion / Mystic Manor as the crown jewel of the collection.

• Armchair Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Were talking about the layout at DCA that we have, we don't have a fresh plot of land like Shanghai Disneyland, and that is one of the last areas left.

But after developing that pad, Id say Bugs Land and Farm areas can be redeveloped, maybe save "it's tough to be a bug", but the rest can go.
    I couldn't agree more with this sentiment!! I would be perfectly happy never to see the farm areas again (with the exception of "It's Tough to Be a Bug" and the Wine Country Trattoria), and have in its place a full and vibrant Victorian SF. I could even see the current SF street rethemed to something else so it wouldn't be redundant with a whole new land.

A spooky dark ride would be great, but it would definitely need its own identity apart from DL's HM--A Winchester theme, where the architectural features come to life has potential. I'd also dearly love a Ghirardelli Square (yes, I know DLR has a contract with Nestle, but I can dream, can't I?!), and a 1906 Earthquake ride...or at least a cable car roaring through the hills of Victorian SF, if the PR people are squeamish about depicting natural disasters. I mean, how does Lombard Street not just scream "Make a roller coaster out of me!!"?

Also, am I the only one who finds the whole Fisherman's Wharf section drab and rather unpleasant? I wish they had a more festive Chinatown and Mission District...is it time to start pitching DCA phase 3? ;-)

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

• keh!

ah yes, i've seen images of the carson mansion before and thought it was an amazing work of architecture. i agree that both the carson mansion and winchester mystery house have potential as an attraction at dca, but not for NBC, that wouldn't really make sense.

Honestly there needs to be some kind of reference to the north coast in DCA. There is way more than just redwood trees. Because DCA is very victorian places like the Carson Mansion or buildings from the town of Ferndale (the town in Jim Carrey's "The Majestic" movie) would fit perfectly there.

• Armchair Imagineer

And, I'd also like to add that since the Walt Disney Family Museum has gone up in the Presidio, SF is also even more relevant to the Disney story in California...so start bulldozing A Bug's Land already!!

• Vroom, vroom!

bugs land go bye bye,
    Bring on the Nor Cal Rep
    I am Scary Scott,
    Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
    I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
    Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
    Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Scary: your post is dripping something. Tastes like sarcasm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karalora View Post
    This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
    Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)
    Anyhow, check out my profile on fimfiction.net I'm Phoenix Quill there.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by DCADude View Post
    I am actually from Eureka, and I must say that the Carson Mansion does have a very creepy side to it. Its owned by a group of old men that are in a club, and nobody really knows what its about. It'd make a perfect addition to DCA. It's very pretty, in a creepy sorta way haha.
    ask and you shall receive...

The Ingomar Club, Carson Mansion- Eureka, California

http://profiles.hospitalityonline.com/224516/

On the bright side the club finally embraced the internet so that first link has some AMAZING internal photos.
    Last edited by techskip; 10-23-2009 at 12:51 PM.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Thanks for the links. I wish there was something to capture this at the park:

The Ingomar Club, Eureka, California

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast