Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Soo..about mickeys trick or treat party

hi
    so i have a question about MToTP.im not sure if anyone else has posted a thread asking the same question, and if the did sorry for asking again.lol

okay so my Boyfriend surprised me with tickets for MToTP next Wednseday, October 28th and im really excited to go but my question is, is it more of a kid thing or is it fun for adults too??and what are the costume rules?do u have to dress like a Disney character type of thing or can it be anything?
    thanks so much!!

-Michelle

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • State sponsored cyclist

Re: Soo..about mickeys trick or treat party

Curiously, that is the same date my wife and I will be there. (And we're both "seniors.")

We've not attended this party before, but three years ago, we attended the party at WDW and had a good time.

Disney has posted rules for the wearing of costumes at their web site, and they are repeated in other threads here. While not a child only event, it is decidedly child-friendly, so keep that in mind.
    Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
    2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.

thanks!
    im sure itll be fun!
    do they actually pass out candy?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by micha_13 View Post
    do they actually pass out candy?
    They have booths set up and you go up and they'll give you a handful of candy (or your choice of a more healthier option like carrots or apples). I went this year and had a lot of fun. There was plenty of adults there too, it's not at all just for kids. Hope you have a great time! :)

yumm apples haha
    it sounds awesome!
    sorry just one more question,is there an actual party or is it just like having fun throughout DCA..

• Banned User

Well they've got a few areas where they play music and you can dance, they also have music going on throughout the park. The "Mickey's Trick-or-Treat on the Street" Cavalcade is a parade type thing that is more for the little kids, but its like a halloween dance party people can join in. So in all, you'll get to enjoy all the rides, special halloween party lighting, music, and seeing everyone dressed up in costumes; it's a really cool and a fun experience.

The best time to get candy is toward the end of the party. The CMs get the word to just shovel it into the bags by then so they don't have to pack it all back up or get rid of it some other way. We had completely full bags by the end of the night.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragondance View Post
    The best time to get candy is toward the end of the party. The CMs get the word to just shovel it into the bags by then so they don't have to pack it all back up or get rid of it some other way. We had completely full bags by the end of the night.

I'm going on the 31st, and figured there'd be tons of candy for exactly that reason

• Kay <3 Buzz

We were supposed to go on that day 2 but found out it was sold out (coz sum1 didnt but the tickets early!!!-u know who u r). I'll be there on the 30th.
    Anyway MToTP is really fun i went last year and i thought it was really cool. Despite all the candies and such us as adults can finally dress up in costumes. you dont have to dress up as a disney character you can be whoever you want to be. Of course u dont want to be toooo provocative since there will be children around, also you dont want anything covering your eyes since this is a night event. and you dont want to wear anything that is long and dragging on the floor coz u might trip or other people might step on it.
    There will be a parade and the characters are really cute and they are wearing costumes as well. I think my favorite part of this whole event is you get to see villians and take pictures with them and in addition to that there will be "dance floors" and you can dance with some of the characters that are there (last year in the Hollywood Backlot Stage the Monsters Inc characters were there and its fun to dance with Sully lol).
    Have fun!
    There are tons of fish in the sea... you just gotta find your NEMO!

• Fantasmic! Fanatic

I also have a question on it, does MToTP close down DCA? What are the times DCA is closed on say this saturday? Thanks!

• True Disneyland Nerd!

Lodi Ca, 6 hours from the Happiest Place on Earth *o*!!

Just curious, what kind of candy do they give out?? specifics pleeeease!! :-)

• Kay <3 Buzz

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasmanatic View Post
    I also have a question on it, does MToTP close down DCA? What are the times DCA is closed on say this saturday? Thanks!
    According to disneyland.com on 8/24/09 DCA will be closing at 10pm (coz there is no MToTP). But on 10/31/09 it closes at 6pm.

Yes they close the park and they only let people who have ticket for the MToTP in.

• Kay <3 Buzz

Quote Originally Posted by Christi View Post
    well from last year i remember getting the following:

bite size snicker, baby ruth, butterfinger, crunch, kitkat
    mini m&m packs
    lollipops
    apples (like real sliced apples)
    tootsie rolls

theres a lot more but i couldnt remember

But i do remember that i was up and awake driving all the way to San Diego thanks to those candies

Quote Originally Posted by Christi View Post

We went a couple of weeks ago and mostly had tootsie rolls, jawbreakers, lemonheads, a few skittles, M&MS, Reese's cups, and smarites. They also had raisins, carrots, cheez-its.

Quote Originally Posted by micha_13 View Post
    hi
    so i have a question about MToTP.im not sure if anyone else has posted a thread asking the same question, and if the did sorry for asking again.lol

okay so my Boyfriend surprised me with tickets for MToTP next Wednseday, October 28th and im really excited to go but my question is, is it more of a kid thing or is it fun for adults too??and what are the costume rules?do u have to dress like a Disney character type of thing or can it be anything?
    thanks so much!!

-Michelle
    Definitely fun as an adult but you've gotta dress. I'm surprised so many adults don't. Doesn't seem all that fun or different from the norm if you are in regular clothes.

My husband went as a pirate. He had brought with him a plastic sword that they made him put in a locker.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast