Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Exclamation Tower of Terror Re-progammed

What's this I hear about the Tower of Terror being reprogrammed in Summer of '06? Any one have any inside info?

Here's a link to the little snippet

Mouseplanet

• Incognito

Blog Entries
    I saw that too and was thinking, reprogrammed? How? Multiple drops? :confused:

random drop sequences like what WDW's has

• i want a mint julep

That would be awesome, the drops have become predictable now for me. I would love it to be different everytime.
    i caught you a delicious bass.

• That's Hawt

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    random drop sequences like what WDW's has
    Wait, I thought that TOT was supposed to have the random drops? Is it really the same every time? I mean, I have only ridden it twice and I just expected that the drops were random because WDW's was ... hmmmm ... I wonder why they didn't have that from the get-go?
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    I thought it was random? :confused: I know that I"ve ridden with many different amount of "dropage" I'm so confused!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• No bacon; sausage.

Currently the DCA Tower of Terror uses the exact same drop profile every single time. This was the same thing they did when they opened it in Florida. It started with a single profile, then after a time they switched to the current random system they now use.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MiceMan
    I wonder why they didn't have that from the get-go?
    The answer is quite simple.... So that people have a reason to come back.

Same is going to be done with Space Mountain. All the special effects for Space Mountain after-dark will be in pace, but it won't be used until the next Spring.

For 9 months we'll get the regular daytime Space Mountain, day and night. Then, to give people a reason to come back again, it will start changing over to a more rock-and-roll, higher energy Space Mountain once the sun sets.

New program for Tower of Terror???

I just read some of the new elements that are being leaked for the 50th celebration on Mouse Planet. One of the last things mentioned was that there will be a reprogramming of Tower of Terror in DCA in 2006. Dose anyone know anything about this???

• Do I seem familiar?

Interesting... I was under the impression that DCA's Tower of Terror wouldn't be getting the random drop profile until 2006/2007, like you mentioned.

This doesn't seem like something that would happen RIGHT NOW, especially considering ToT is barely a year old. :shrug: I dunno; I actually thought the random drop would have been integrated right off the bat.

• wasting time

I too thought the random drop sequence would have been there since day 1.

Whenever it comes, cool.

I hear that in addition to the random profile, the sao cal tot is also equipt to be able to add extra scenes and increase the overall ride experience.. Interesting..

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits
    I'll make an educated guess that they started with a fixed drop pattern at the DCA TZToT for a reason. And that reason might be for ease of ride shakedown troubleshooting.

It's a new building and a new ride mechanism, and rather complex. If anything was going to break or a sensor was going to start giving spurious signals, it would be far easier to diagnose if they take as many variables out of the operating sequence as possible.

I do that for a living, and trust me when I say that some days finding an intermittent problem can be a gold-plated pain in the... Unless you get a flash of inspiration about why it's happening (insert :lightbulb: here) you can spend many hours tracing it all out.

To invent an example: If you occasionally get the same spurious trouble signal (like a "Door Ajar" from an access hatch or a set of elevator doors) at exactly 43 seconds into the program :confused: you can isolate why this is happening a lot easier, because it will always be doing the same movements at that point.

If the door switch is too sensitive or the door latch a bit loose, and there is a big pressure to suction shift on the door from a fast-dropping elevator car going by that door in the shaft, that'll do it.

--<< Bruce >>--

• That's Hawt

There is already a post about this approximately a 1/2 page down. They should be merged by mr. minion
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• wasting time

Done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast