Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Disneyland 50th map

I recently submitted my map for framing at Hobby Lobby. I asked for a nice metallic golden frame as it matches the gold in the picture. I had it pressed and sealed onto backing by a machine that eliminated the folds. I considered matching royal blue matting to go around the poster as it would have complimented the color theme but, I saw that the gold frame alone looked good because the blue stripe that borders the picture created a nice matting effect. I ordered non-reflective glass to preserve the picture. The poster is the 50th anniversary poster so I having it customized. Cost - $95. I waited for Hobby Lobby to have a custom frame sale. They had a one week sale where everything in the department was 50% off and that is when I made the purchase. It is taking Hobby Lobby a month to get this one done and I have a couple weeks to go.

I also have recently had matting cut to accomodate the postcard size pictures that accompany the Disney Treasure DVDs. I put three or four into a frame, keeping the series together.
    Last edited by Triton; 10-22-2005 at 03:54 AM.

Re: Disneyland 50th map

I should add that the poster is going to be heavy with the frame and glass. I use heavy duty picture mounts from Home Depot (as I have with other heavy art pieces) and they hold up just fine.

I could have bought the frame pieces and assembled them. I found that the custom frames were far more attractive. I went with something different and really like how it is turning out.
    Last edited by Triton; 10-22-2005 at 03:44 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12