Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• hi!

Park Closing at 5pm - Oct 27

I'm supposed to be going to the parks for a majority of the day then hitting up an event at night at DownTown Disney right after I leave the park, original plan was to be at night. upon checking the hours, I noticed Disneyland will be closed at 5pm and DCA closing at 6pm. this may put a damper on my original plan since there will now be a few hours of dead/down time.

any idea why the park is closing early tomorrow?
    -plagued

• Established 2005

Re: Park Closing at 5pm - Oct 27

I just checked hours and it says DCA closes at 8 pm. DCA closes at 6 today. That makes it a bit better. Still. . .anyone know why?

• Minion

There's a private party for the Solar Power International 2009 convention which is being held this week in Anaheim. On Tuesday they are getting the western half of the park for a private party. Kind of ironic that Disneyland would host a solar energy group party when I still don't see solar panels on the roofs of any Disney buildings. More details about the party are here:

Solar Power International 2009

• ...TWO BITS!

Disneyland hosts private parties all the time... do they have to be partners with every single one of them? FYI, I'm being sarcastic.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Dream'n w/Blue Sky

With full conference registration you get one ticket for the 7pm-10pm party @ Disneyland. Additional tickets $115.00 each.

$115.00 for 3 hours. Is it worth it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by KeepnLuciferHuntn View Post
    With full conference registration you get one ticket for the 7pm-10pm party @ Disneyland. Additional tickets $115.00 each.

Only if your company pays for it. And that's really what is expected.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• hi!

whoops, my mistake with the DCA closing time.. it seems that it is 8pm.. which actually MIGHT work in my favor since it is closer to the thing i'm trying to make at DTD..
    -plagued

• Fastest Man Alive

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    There's a private party for the Solar Power International 2009 convention which is being held this week in Anaheim. On Tuesday they are getting the western half of the park for a private party. Kind of ironic that Disneyland would host a solar energy group party when I still don't see solar panels on the roofs of any Disney buildings. More details about the party are here:

Doubly ironic that a Solar Power Panel convention is having a party... at night.
    "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post

Solar panels are currently overpriced.
    You want the company to waste money on them?
    I'd like Disney to get these companies to start underbidding each other for the privilege of putting their solar panels on DL roofs. I'd like to see white-colored panels on Space Mountain that rotate all day with the sun.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• hi!

i know i shouldn't judge a book by its cover...

but i was looking at the link that Bob posted here: Solar Power International 2009

and the different banners at each page visit/refresh show pictures of people that would NOT look like they can enjoy the 'Magic'.. haha.
    -plagued

This quote from their website killed me!

"Solar Power International is taking over Adventureland, Critter Country, Frontierland and New Orleans Square at Disneyland® Park for a fun filled-night of attractions, food, drinks, entertainment and networking."

And then there's the no-children rule...

"The Solar Power International Party at Disneyland® Park is open to adults only who are 18 years old or above in age. While the party is being hosted at Disneyland® Park, it is designed to be a venue for networking with your fellow attendees and exhibitors."

What should I do, ride Indiana Jones, or network with those guys from Cleveland?

Disneyland was revised back to a 5:00PM close for Tuesday, after originally closing at 6:00PM. The Special Events folks are worried they can't get the park clear in time and set up for the party unless they close at 5:00PM.

This private party is also getting a private showing of Fantasmic! at 9:30PM. And I heard from a Special Events Lead that Disneyland has purchased hundreds of ponchos for the party to hand out at Splash Mountain because the conventioneers were worried about getting too wet. Seriously.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by plagued View Post
    whoops, my mistake with the DCA closing time.. it seems that it is 8pm.. which actually MIGHT work in my favor since it is closer to the thing i'm trying to make at DTD..
    you seeing jacks mannequin? \

• Fireworks Finatic!

Quote Originally Posted by KeepnLuciferHuntn View Post

Well from that site, all the buffet food and open bars appear to be included in that price. So I would think it would be worth it. But it's funny how they expect everyone to still "network" at Disneyland. Yeah right!

• Comets? Comets!

Fun fact: The reason why it's only the Western half is because the Eastern half was reserved for the Angels. They were supposed to have a private party on the East side to celebrate their trip to the World Series, but that obviously isn't happening now. I have no idea if they still intend on having the private party anymore, but I'm guessing they're not.

• the liza minnelli of MC

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider View Post
    And I heard from a Special Events Lead that Disneyland has purchased hundreds of ponchos for the party to hand out at Splash Mountain because the conventioneers were worried about getting too wet. Seriously.
    ain't nothing wrong with a poncho!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast