Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Time for a REAL DLR commercial

Dont you all think its time they did a nationwide commercial for the Disneyland Resort that has nothing to do with WDW? All I ever see is WDW commercials and I live in friggin california. If I live here and Im not even seeing DL commercials the people across the country probably arent either. Tha last true commercial I remember seeing was when california adventure opend and the characters were like syping in through the bushes with binoculars and looking at the grizzly and wondering what everyhting was. I thought it was really cute. why cant they just make a new commercial for bothe parks that everyone in america can see and have nothing to do with WDW?

Re: Time for a REAL DLR commercial

why not, what could it hurt, they really should do it.

• Disney Memory Maker

During the first half of this year, they had a HUGE campaign for Disneyland. It had all the different characters (done in CGI) trying to make there way to Disneyland (characters included the Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Rutt, Tuke, Stitch, Cinderella, Dumbo, Iago, Genie and possibly others I forgot). Kelsey Grammar was the narrator. The point of the commercial was that a little boy really wanted to go to Disneyland. It ended in July/May because in the 7/17 (or 5/5) celebration, that boy made it to Disneyland. But this campaign was huge and was always on TV.

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

I've seen a few strictly Disneyland commercials just like last week.. It showed space mountian, buzz light year astro blasters, remember, POD.. It was quite good!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

yeah but do you live in socal?

• Disney Memory Maker

There's really no point of having ads in SoCal. That would be wasting money. It would be the same thing as advertising the Statue of Liberty in New York City. If you live in SoCal (or anywhere in the Disneyland area) and don't know about Disneyland, you must be living in a hole.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Glad you brought that up! I just saw a comercial saying "50 years ago we opened a magical place." Then is shows Walt saying the "to all who come to this happy place.." in front of the castle at WDW!!! I can't stand it anymore. Walt was NEVER at WDW and I completely object to the favoritism shown for that place. When I walk down Mainstreet USA @ Disneyland, I'm walking the same path Walt did and touching the same things he touched. As far as I am concerned the only thing good about WDW is that it keeps everyone east of the Missisippi out of our park.

• Classic Animation

There was a big DLR TV presence here in the east at the beginning of the year. It seemed almost like they were afraid no one would show up for the 50th.

• Official Mice Chat person

I saw a lot of stricktly DL commercials actually, about the 50th. And no, I don't live in SO. Cal. But I also saw about an even amout of WDW commercials.

• Banned User

YOu know i think they want that to be the resort everybody travels to and the california park relegated to locals. The current one with walt in disney world (which never happened) is just awful. The one thing i am happy about(sorry wdw fans) is that their castle is gaudier than ours. THe fact that they make it seem like WDW's 50th instead of disneyland's 50thas it should be. WDW's 35th is next year they could do something really special then.

• All? NO, ALL!

I don't think it's fair that they are using pictures and video of Walt at Disneyland for Walt Disney World commercials and its website. Walt didn't even live to see the thing, but Disney makes it look like he was there and opened it. It's like they're trying to make people not learn the real history of Walt.

Blog Entries

Write in, let them know your upset!

~

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

What annoys me the most is the false advertising they are doing with Space Mountain...make people think it's an entirely new ride by putting images from WDW attractions that aren't even from any Space Mountian in it...uhg.

Blog Entries

False advertisment should be illegal...

~

I always see DLR commercials here in AZ. However, I always notice that even though they r advertising DLR they usually show footage from other parks, like those in WDW. The commercial w/ the little dogs was originally just DL wasn't it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast