Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Now 40% less bitter!

Re: If you had a chance, What Disneyland ride would you like to make longer or shorter?

I would like to see Mr. Toad lengthened, if for any reason than to have the storyline make more sense to those who haven't even seen the cartoon (or didn't know there was one!).
    It would be great if there could be one or two AA Toads, or a Ceril. Wouldn't it be cute to have Toad at some point in a motorcar or a plain beckoning us and saying "I'll show you the world!" Sure, it's all 2D plywood cut-outs, but to that I respond, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. If they can have an AA figure in a ride full of plywood, why couldn't Toady?
    Oh, yeah. And I agree with extending Peter Pan.
    Oo-de-lally!

Re: If you had a chance, What Disneyland ride would you like to make longer or shorter?

When I first heard about Astro Blaster @ Disneyland I thought I heard it was going to incorporate the PeopleMover track so was a bit disappointed when I rode it

Peter Pan. This ride is ripe for a larger more elaborate version. Not something over produced but it would had the same feel though the flying boats would have a couple of more thrilling parts. Nothing that would terrorize little ones but a bigger dip and fast swing here and there. The flight over London and Neverland would be bigger and more detailed with the scenes in neverland being more complete with full fledged new generation AA's.

• e komo mai

As far as making a ride longer, I was thinking that Big Thunder Mountain would be even more awesome if they had a section of the track go out towards the Rivers of America, make a trip around Big Thunder Falls (where the wrecked train car is that you can see from TSI) and back. There are already two tunnels they can utilize by way of 2 bridges over Big Thunder Trail.

• Man O Lantern

Peter Pan, Dumbo (if you've ever waited for an hour for Dumbo with three kids, you understand that this ride needs to last a lot longer once you're on it!), and Autopia. I could drive those stupid little cars all day long with my kids.....they laugh the entire time. It's hard to not want to stay on it for hours with them when they start giggling.

Star Tours. I've gotten to the point that I almost hate it, it's so short.

Gadget's Go Coaster...waytooshort.

• abominable devin

Re: If you had a chance, What Disneyland ride would you like to make longer or shorte

I agree peter pan could use a new scene

The Matterhorn needs something else

and I always thought jungle cruise could be a bit longer

I would love to see BTMRR expanded. Keep the path that cuts through to Fantasyland, and build more mountain around/over it. Have the path pass near tracks, and do a really good job theming it as an abandoned mine. You could even add more paths, and walk past some blacklight waterfalls, ala' the mine train. Heck, given you could control the light, you could easily add some disturbed "spirts" using the pepper's ghost technique. BTMRR is a great ride, and if they wanted to, it could be made even better.

-The Enchanted Tiki Room should add a song back into the mix. I don't think it should be the Offenbach one, nor something from New Management, but something classic.

-Like everyone else, Peter Pan could stand to be a little longer.

-Pirates: add another drop.

-I wish the Rivers of America was expanded a bit at the back end to make the wilderness section seem even more isolated.

-Soarin' could be a few minutes longer-- ideally the length of Circlevision.

-Snow White's Scary Adventures should have a proper ending.

-#1 wish: My commute to the park (62 miles) needs to be shorter. It's a Disneyland ride, just not in Disneyland.

All and all, I really can't complain. These are just Blue Sky dreams...

• Huh?

I could spend all day in the Haunted Mansion -- in fact, that's what I'll do. Make it a bit too long. Long enough where it takes a few hours to ride through.

As for it's a small world, I'd turn that into a snowglobe. That's really about all you need in order to experience the attraction, anyway.
    -Tim

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I think for halloween in the Haunted Mansion, instead of HMH, the employees should be able to dress up and jump out at people in certain parts of the ride (Like what the ghostly armor use to do).

Gemini Cricket beat me to the punch -

In a nod to the original Mine Trains through Nature's Wonderland, I would have Big Thunder start out and go through the tunnel to the Rivers of America an follow along the original track. I loved that original portion going by one waterfall and under another. The trains would come through the second tunnel and then plunge underground into the attraction.

Other excellent possibilities as already stated:
    Peter Pan
    Mr. Toad

Finally, let the Carousel run a bit longer!
    The Mur

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123